Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 12:11 AM   #1  
Thin Within

Default Steel Magnolias #134

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Be sure and read the bottom of the last thread for it turned into page two ...... time to start a new one I guess.

I was so glad to be OP this day. It is such a thrill to be in control again. Ah the sweet smell of success is getting nearer each day I can maintain my control. I fed my little "thin within person" this day.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-11-2002 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:12 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning...

Maggie, yes...we all have a thin person inside of us...and yes, it does feel good to be in control over food. We have the ability to do this program the way it is meant to be worked. You can do it. I know you can--you've done it before; you can do it again! I just hope the next leader you will like/enjoy more. Its so important to find a leader that we can relate to...and one that remembers what it felt like to have a weight problem--not one that is full of themselves. Know what? Sometimes I can't even relate to a leader that is too enthusiastic either. There was one leader a few years back that was just way too loud for me (and my ears). She was very popular and her classes were always filled to standing room only, but for some reason she just got on my nerves. Just got to find that "click"...

Jean, thank you for asking about Miss Amanda. You know being a grandmother is so much fun. It is so different from being a mother. I have no responsibility that a parent has but a different kind of responsibility that is all its own. While I get to spoil her and love her of course but I am finding that I can encourage her in so many areas of her growing up. To watch this little baby grow into a toddler and to watch her personality develop is such an amazing thing. It takes my breath away at times. Wayne gets so emotional about Amanda that sometimes he has to take himself out of the room and calm himself down. Both of us are just so amazed at this little person...this gift we have been given in our lives. She is doing wonderfully! She's going to be a very head-strong little girl and while this can be a good thing (as she will not let anyone take advantage of her when she's older) it can be a little frustrating for her parents. She likes to "color" in coloring books. Or should I say scribble? And she loves for me to color with her. We have this unspoken rule between us right now--she colors outside the lines while I get to color within the lines! You know I can write volumes about her!?!

Gloria, the book I'm currently reading is the 4th in a series of 5 that are now out on the stands. Each is 850-900 pages. There will be sixth book out in a few years to end this magnificent story about these two people. In some bookstores these books are in the romance section; in others in the fiction section. While this is a romance; the romance itself is almost secondary, as the books are filled with so much description of the land, of the flora, of the history of Scotland and America in the mid-to-late 1700's. While these books take so much time to read they are well worth the time.

Not a whole lot is going on with me right now. I'm working...or am supposed to be working. I weigh in tomorrow after work. I've been on program for the last 12 days. I've started back to walking on the treadmill this week. I feel very confident about the program and getting to goal...but then again...I always say that at this time of year. I almost hate to say anything for fear of jinxing myself. I should've been at goal 4 years ago.

Later...

Last edited by GailR; 01-09-2002 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-09-2002, 05:42 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's not quite as warm yesterday but still nice out. I didn't even wear a winter jacket to school this morning! I have a meeting tonight and the speaker is going to talk about nutrition. I'm anxious to hear her; she is also presenting some classes so I may even sign up for them.

Maggie -- thanks for starting the new thread. I did go to the WW meeting last night and it has grown so much that they have split the time so the meetings are back to back. I'm not so sure I like it because people are coming in late to be weighed and then are disruptive when they plop down in chairs. Then we are finishing up as the next group is arriving. Hopefully it will settle down after all of the new people settle in. So far today has been an OP one!

Gail -- everyone that has grandchildren tells me that they are so much more fun than their own children were. I can hardly wait to find out but don't see it happening any time soon. I just tell the kids that I hope I'm not too old to enjoy grandchildren!

I need to keep moving -- have lots to do before DH gets home and I have to leave. Have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:20 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone

Today we got up to 77 and it was so nice!! It got me to wanting to work in my garden. I might do some soil work, but I know better...next week we could be down below freezing again.

Maggie: I am glad that you found another meeting place. I am also glad that you stayed OP today

Jean: How are you doing today? Today the kids were so hyper!! I guess it was the weather change.

Gail: I was told that Grandchildren are so much more fun to have than kids....I guess I have a long way to wait for that....

Well, I need to take care of my Mom and get her ready for bed. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Last edited by Lorraine; 01-09-2002 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:49 PM   #5  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I see my last post has disappeared......I was on just before they shut the program down for repairs so I guess it didn't get posted. Wonder what I said I am just thankful for what ever time they do give us so we can be here.

This is my 4th day and I am doing so well I scare myself. I have the deep feeling that this is truly the time I will keep going until I reach my final goal which I have picked to be by February 14, 2004, then go on to "lifetime." I decided when I started out "this time" to do that "high-low" program that I developed for myself incorporating the 18 through 25 points. That is what my last leader approved for me since I wasn't losing very well on all those points allowed for my weight and I would eventually have to get down to that number of points anyway for lifetime ~ it is just a bit of a headstart for practice. I really have to do some budgeting of my points to have some for each meal. Friday being my very high day is the treat of the week. I am leaving myself open to do some adjustment with this program if my system can't handle it in the long run. I don't want it to get in the mode thinking I am starving it. This eating high-low system is supposed to stop that kind of feeling. I am going to be true to myself and weigh and measure my food when at all possible and plan my days ahead. Stop eating out so much and do a lot of home cooking. I am revisiting some of my old favorite WW recipes and will make them for dinner and have the left overs for lunch the next day. Most of them I can make in 4 portions and will only make the ones that Cowboy really likes. [He likes everything I fix though.]

I love this feeling of CONTROL. Hope you are having a great day.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-12-2002 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:56 AM   #6  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Looks like the flower patch is asleep. Rest well my lovlies. I am one happy camper! I have gotten to and through my 4th day OP. This feeling is lasting and I love it. CONTROL.

Feedin' the thin within' gal.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-12-2002 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-12-2002, 02:06 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Default Day #5

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Wake up flowers the sun is shining and dew is on the grass for you to take a drink. Drink...... yes drink lots of water is what I am telling myself. It is so much easier for me to drink water in the summertime when it is warmer.

I had a moment of success yesterday. We were at my folks house and Mother was serving cake and ice cream. She asked me if I wanted any and I said no thank you but she brought it anyway. That's a mother for you...... anyway I didn't take it and she gave the ice cream to Cowboy and ate the cake herself. She is thin. Worked out fine for me. She makes great cakes and has the best of the best of ice cream. Believe me that wasn't easy to turn it down but I will remember this and use it as an anchor.

Have a great Saturday ya'all. I will be feeding Thin Within.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:42 PM   #8  

Good Evening, Flowers!
Whenever it was that I last tried to visit here, the site was closed for repairs. I'm glad it is open again -- I missed you! Yesterday was a day of great celebration . . . first semester is officially OVER! After school we had a birthday coffee for a coworker, some of our DHs met us for supper, and then a few of us went to another teacher's house to play Sequence. It was midnight when I finally got home . . . long day, since I left at 7:30 AM!

DH is doing chores this weekend and I went with him this morning to visit the barn where our second batch of kittens went to live. One is always up in the hay mow so I was in hopes it would come out when it heard my voice . . . no such luck though.

Lorraine -- there are only teeny tiny piles of snow left, mostly on the north side of buildings where the sun never hits. I just hope the tulips don't get confused and start to come through or that the robins come back too soon. I just know that winter isn't over yet.

Maggie -- Congratulations on passing up the ice cream and cake! That would be hard for me to do. I just read an announcement that Blue Bunny (ice cream!) is building a plant in Idaho. They have wonderful flavors (lite!) of ice cream and lots of individual, fun items (some are NOT lite!) to choose from. I'm sure you will find it in the stores near you.

Yesterday was a blow out, point wise, but today is a low point day. Not sure exactly why except that I hadn't preplanned for supper thinking I could do a salad and ended up craving a hamburger after eating popcorn. I still need to hit the dreadmill before I head for bed tonight.

Have a super Sunday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-12-2002, 10:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

hello! I was wondering what this group was for. Who is able to join steel magnolias?? I'm 21 with 2 small kids (2 and 1) and a DH and I love diet groups. So let me know if I qualify ok?
Old 01-13-2002, 02:04 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The weather is trying very hard to do "something"....it's very windy and the sun was out earlier; now the clouds are rolling by and we have had a few sprinkles of rain. It is supposed to snow later today.

Spryng -- WELCOME! You are most qualified to join the Steel Magnolias! At present, we are a small group who share encouragement and support each other down this road to thin! Please post often so that you may get to know us and we may get to know you. I am Jean, live in Iowa with my DH, work with special ed. students at the high school, and seem to collect stray cats. I have three who live in the house! We have two children; a son, Jason, who is married and is just starting a career in the insurance business, a daughter-in-law, Amanda, who also works in insurance (different company) and is a licensed massage therapist in her free time, and our daughter, Beth, who works for Gateway in customer service and is working towards her BS degree.

The washer and dryer have been waiting for me ever since we got home from church this morning. Guess I had better get busy! Have a great Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- from windy Iowa!
Old 01-13-2002, 03:32 PM   #11  

Hello Maggies!!

Today is another beautyful day....highs in the high 60's with plenty of sunshine. I am trying to catch up on chores around the house that I let go when my mom first came home from the hospital. My dad is keeping an eye on her now and she is resting. She is coming along well, but still needs to be on oxygen and has to have her leg packed. But all in all she is looking much better. She goes to the hospital for some more tests to see if the posion is till running thru her system.

Maggie: Way to go girl...passing up the cake and ice cream!!!! I need to really get on program again...I know that with all that has happened here the last month, has made it very difficult for me to even think about being op. I know I shouldn't make excuses, but I was lucky I knew if I was coming or going at that time.

Jean: I wish you could of seen the kitty that was hiding.....
It seems you had a really busy day on Friday.....I am glad had a really nice time.

Spryng: Welcome.....I look forward to getting to know you. This is a great group of girls that support each other.

Well, the dryer just went off and I need to get another load of laundry into the washing machine.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone and thanks for inviting me to join you!! I look forward to getting to know everyone here. I'll tell you a little about myself. My name is Spryng. (that's really my name) and I live in a little town in oklahoma. I'm 21 years old and have been married for almost four years now to a wonderful man named Joe. We have two beautiful babies (Ava is 2 and joseph is 1) 11 months apart!! I'm a stay at home mom and love it!
When we got married I weighed 106 lbs. I was underweight on my 5'4" frame but only 8 months after I had gained 40 lbs!! The dreaded side effects of the pill. So I went off and got pregnant with Ava. After she was born I got down to 145 when I found out I was expecting again. With this second pregnancy I really put the weight on. The day I delivered him I was 195 lbs!!! My heaviest ever. I looked like I was carrying triplets! I lost 30 lbs naturally after he was born and settled in around 160-165. That was a size 16 for me. I hated it. So in august of 2001 I decided to get serious about losing weight. I got on atkins and lost 20 lbs within 1 1/2 months. That was great but then I got tired of eating so much meat that I quit. I gained 10 back within the week! So then I tried my own version of low calorie. I had never been on a calorie diet before so it was interesting to me and I love it!! I started at keeping my cal at 1000 or less and I've got off 13 lbs now. and down to a size 10 So I'm really happy with it. I love that I can have anything I want as long as it fits within my calorie range. I'm now down to 137. My best friend is getting married this saturday and i'm matron of honor so i am hoping to be 135 by then. I'm almost there. I guess that's about it. My ulimate goal is 125 by this spring. If I work hard at it I think I'll get there. But 135 is my next goal. 23 lbs off total and about 12 or so to go!!
Tell me about you now! I can't wait to become friends with you guys.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:00 PM   #13  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It was a dark and stormy night.....
Well, I think someone in the Snoopy cartoon starts his journal with that line and it is very apropo for tonight!!! Actually it has been a crazy day. Snowed some of the biggest snow flakes I have seen in quite along time then it stopped and the Sun came out. We got about 3" so that wasn't too bad but we are having a mighty blow out there. It is good to be snug and warm inside.

Spyrng Welcome!! It is always nice to meet someone new. You seem to be doing very well with the weight loss and I am sure you can meet your goal with your determination. I can relate to your having 2 babies in 11 months as I had my 2nd and 3rd 13 days less than 1 year apart and I had another one also under three. Those were the days. My best advise is that this too shall pass. I think I am the 'old lady' of our group. Been retired for almost 4 years and enjoying it. Have a total of 4 grown kids and almost 9 GKs. The 9th is due by the end of this month. This is a good group and you will like it here. DH and I love to travel and watch the GK's.

MAGGIE You are really on a roll and what will power not to eat that cake and ice cream. My biggest craving is ice cream but I make due with frozen yogurt.

LORRAINE Don't worry about the house work too much. You have your hands full right now with your mother and my motto is 'if I don't do it it will just wait for me'.

JEAN I think we have inherited your wind. Too bad you didn't get to see that kitty. I wonder if he would remember you if he saw you! We have been having some problems with our dog. He is 12 yrs old and really slowing down. He is 90% deaf and he doesn't do well on his second walk of the day. DH has been taking him for 2 2-1/2 mile walks but now the 2nd one has to be really cut short. It will be a very sad day if we have to do something with him. He is actually #1DD's kids dog. We have had him since she was widowed 6 years ago. Oh, well, we will play it by ear and see what happens.

Hope you all had a great weekend and as we start a new week
Gloria in MA....will be off to watch some TV!

Last edited by nanacas; 01-13-2002 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:11 AM   #14  
Thin Within

Default Day #6

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Another lovely day here and guess what folks.....we were back at my folks house this day and I did it again turned down the godies Mother was serving. It was a fun time though because my brother and sister and their main squeezes and Cowboy and I just showed up and it was like a mini family reunion. But when she gets folks in the house out come the goodies. I love it that I was so in controll again this day. I have been so good this week staying within my points that I am going to save this weeks journal. I am jazzed ~ can you tell?

Welcome SPRYNG to a good group to bring your happiness and your blues to. We can give advice and take it also. And don't believe that Gloria, I think I am much older than she is. But we won't go there. I have 3 grown children and 2 grand daughters which live not in this state. Married to a wonderful man I call [among other things] Cowboy. Looks like you are doing very well with your weight loss and will look quite lovely at that wedding. I love weddings.

LORRAINE Remember that dust is a protective coating and don't worry about it now. I am sure you will manage you have so much go-to-it-ness. You will get back on program when you are able to breathe. Take a deep one now! Exhale.. AH that felt good.

JEANthat kitty was probably afraid you were going to give it another car ride. Was it one of those who didn't cooperate so well when it was transported? WOW I can't believe a semester has already passed ~ seems like the school year just started. I love what you call your treadmill...... dreadmill. Yep that is clever.

GLORIA I hope all goes well with that pooch. We do become attached don't we. When we were in Wyoming one year we had to halt the little league game to wait for the snow to stop. It was in July and the flakes were what we called "dixie cups" because they were the size of the bottom. Huge things and a treat to watch. I thought of that when you said that about your snow.

Have a great Monday tomorrow ya'all. I go to weigh in at 5 pm and hoping for a nice loss. One can always hope when one has done one's best for a good report from the iron monster.

Maggie ~ still feeding Thin Within.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:34 AM   #15  
Thin Within

Default Day #7

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I am a bit jazzed for the Iron Monster smiled at me tonight and showed a weight loss of 6.5 ~ that is a great start down this road to thin. I plan on doing my high-low program this next week also.

Sleep well my friends.
Closed Thread