General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 06:34 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default OJ Simpsons New Book

I am trying very VERY VERY hard to keep the emotion out of this post. He has written a new book titled "IF I Did It, Here's How It Happened...". Fox TV is also supposed to air an open interview with him over 2 days the end of the month.

I think he is the lowest of the low life forms and it's outrageous that he would make even a penny other than through hard, honest work like the rest of us.

Freedom of speech works 2 ways - he has the right to talk, I have the right to balk.

If you feel the same way I do, I encourage you to write to your local bookstores - including Amazon.com, your libraries and the FOX network asking them not to support him by carrying his book and that you will not support anything that promotes him.

I can give up FOX TV and will find a local bookstore in town to give my dollars too if the chains put greed and making a buck over good taste.

And if you are an OJ supporter, well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But this time I won't sit quietly and watch it happen.

I'm so I probably burned off 600 calories

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-15-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:55 PM   #2  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
I am trying very VERY VERY hard to keep the emotion out of this post. He has written a new book titled "IF I Did It, Here's How It Happened...". Fox TV is also supposed to air an open interview with him over 2 days the end of the month.

I think he is the lowest of the low life forms and it's outrageous that he would make even a penny other than hard, honest work like the rest of us.

Freedom of speech works 2 ways - he has the right to talk, I have the right to balk.

If you feel the same way I do, I encourage you to write to your local bookstores - including Amazon.com, your libraries and the FOX network asking them not to support him by carrying his book and that you will not support anything that promotes him.

I can give up FOX TV and will find a local bookstore in town to give my dollars too if the chains put greed and making a buck over good taste.

And if you are an OJ supporter, well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But this time I won't sit quietly and watch it happen.

I'm so I probably burned off 600 calories

I kinda have to disagree.... not because I agree with him, or whoever agreed to publish him, but on principle.

Too much censorship in the USA for my liking He has just as much right to make a buck as any other book writer does, and quite frankly, as he wasn't found guilty maybe he didn't do it. Unfortunately, people seem to like judging others, and it obviously doesn't matter what the courts say. I'm not saying he did or didn't do it, but the courts found him to be not guilty, and yet he's going around with a nasty black cloud over his head which isn't fair, so why shouldn't he at least make a buck off of everyone's ill will against him?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I agree on the censorship point, but I have to add that whether he did it or not (and I personally believe he did, especially after this stunt), I think it is completely revolting that he would publish something like that about his children's mother. I think it's especially disgusting if he didn't do it, because then he is...doing what? Fantasizing about murdering their mother?

He is a repulsive human being.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

does her family still have all the rights to any money he makes? i wonder if maybe they are the ones that will profit...

still... the thought it a little bit repugnant. definitely not a book i'd be interested in.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
does her family still have all the rights to any money he makes? i wonder if maybe they are the ones that will profit...
I'm not sure about her family, but I know Ron Goldman's family has a judgment against him. I just saw his father and sister on Larry King Live, and they were saying that he has made money from autograph signings and speaking engagements, but he has a bank account out of the country to avoid paying them. I read earlier that they already have a lawyer working to get the $3.5 million he's getting for this book.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 365/345/half-marathon

The best way to make sure that a message is sent is to not buy the book, or watch the show. It is a free country and unfortunately that means allowing people who make us ill to have their say.

As for me, the title alone makes me sick. Although I'm not surprised - either by Simpson or the bottom-feeder who is publishing it (and who will be conducting the "interviw" on Fox) - Judith Regan. She traffics in filth.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #7  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

I wanted to comment on this thread.

I think that censorship in the USA has become ridiclious.
Like when an artist writes a song it should be played that way and some words taken out.

I haven't seen about the book. But a co-worker today told me that he had a line of black gloves coming out!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

I agree the censorship in America is out of control. Also the things we tend to censor versus the things that are not are sometimes confusing to me.

I don't think it should be illegal for OJ to put out a book, I don't think that bookstores shouldn't sell it, I do however think I will pass on reading it.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'll definitely pass on reading it and won't waste my time watching the review on FOX.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I hadn't even heard of this book! I agree that the best way to deal with this is to not support it. You may create more interest in it by actually trying to ban it.

As far as censorship on the radio and on tv, that is regulated by the FCC. Those rules are in place because they are public airwaves. If a radio station wanted to run uncensored music, then they could but they'd be fined. On the other hand, there is satellite radio which isn't regulated by the FCC as well as cable tv and satellite tv. Honestly, I'd like to listen to music without a tons of cuss words so I think it is a good thing. I cuss enough without being influenced by the radio
Old 11-16-2006, 09:26 AM   #11  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I'll definitely pass on reading it and won't waste my time watching the review on FOX.
Me too.

Censorship issues aside, I think the whole thing is just plain disgusting.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #12  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Absolutely sickening. And I agree with whoever said to give it no attention. The more press he gets, the more likely sales will increase. Probably not bloody likely given the media these days who seem to be after as much trash and controversy as they can dig out of the rubbish bin.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:41 AM   #13  
No description available.

I won't be buying it. Poor taste on the part of the publisher. I hope it bombs terribly.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #14  

I'm writing a book called, "He did do it, and he got away with it, and anyone who spends money on this piece of doodoo is a fool."
Old 11-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #15  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladdy View Post
I'm writing a book called, "He did do it, and he got away with it, and anyone who spends money on this piece of doodoo is a fool."
Closed Thread