South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #1  

Default Hump day Happenings on the Beach

A Bright and Chilly Morn here! Hot cawfee to warm my innards!

Darby and Casey are making a ruckus outside... be back in a bit !
Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 AM   #2  

Back....
So Ruth, how did your meeting go last night?

Sarah.. I have no doubt that the TOM definitely sets off cravings! I could never get enough chocolate..and use to keep a tin of Hershey's syrup for emergencies!

Mgb: I hope you and your bf can come to terms with the children issue.. It must be hard when you're on different points on the life line.. I couldn't have children, and went through a nightmare trying to adopt...so we dote on our 2 furbabies..

Pagan: I bet your DH will start to feel alot better eating the SBD way!

Hi Cottage: You must be already out and about!!!

Time to hit the books gals have a great day!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everybody! You're right, Schatzi, I've been to Curves and the bank already. Nothing like taking care of business first thing in the morning! Now I have my coffee and oatmeal and am ready to chat a bit.

We may actually get a little sunshine today before another storm hits us tomorrow! I did get the girls out for a little walk in the mist yesterday, although it felt good to come back inside and have something hot to drink. We've been busy doing crafts, that's the their big obsession right now. Cindy has given me "Carte Blanche" to go to A.C. Moore and Michael's and buy anything we need. Audrey wants to learn to sew and crochet now, so I'll need to look for a beginner's kit for her for Christmas, or maybe enroll her in a sewing class.

I'm all caught up on my laundry and cleaning, so I think I'll browse through some of these millions of catalogs we've been getting in the mail and find some Christmas present ideas. I should think about what to make for supper, too.

I'll probably pop in again later!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:22 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! (Notice I'm not mentioning the weather?)

Suddenly I'm in the middle of the week! How did that happen? My first meeting was brief last night and I could have made it to the other but I beat down my guilty conscience and was home and asleep by 9:30. I'll find out how it went when I go down for the mail later this morning. The Post Office steps are sort of a village meeting place late in the morning!

Cottage is probably out and about. I really envy her being able to be so close to her grandkids! I miss mine and it looks like I will not be able to go out there for a pre-Christmas visit - alas!

Mgb, that is a hard one. However, there is nothing worse than poor kids in a conflicted marriage so think well - I'm sure you will. Furbabies may be the way to go.

Sarah, around here we can't mention the word Hershey. The Hershey plant in Smiths Falls had to close because of contamination in the chocolate! 500 people are laid off indefinitely and chocolate products have been recalled across Canada. My Hershey dog is considering changing her name.

Froglady, the fact that there were no used SBD books just proves its popularity. I'm glad your man is now going to be on The Beach with you. That will make life much easier.

I have to call about my darn exercise bike this morning and see if they will give me a package of hardware from another bike box! Grrr! Most of the bolts and screws are missing and I'm hoping I don't need to pack the darn thing back into its box and lug it back to town! I'm anxious to get using it as the treadmill is too darned painful with my knee. It's bone on bone now as the cartilage is gone!

I'm also hoping to talk to Harry's doctor and get the test results. It's been twelve days now and that's ridiculous!

Tha garbage is out at the road, my crispers have been cleared and cleaned and the veggies are cut up for tonight's stir-fry. Once I get rid of my phone calls, I may get out and do a bit more fall tidying outdoors. I also need to vacuum too as a new desk will arrive tomorrow to go into the parlour. I am moving my PC and stuff downstairs which will make life a lot easier for me. I spent way too much money on an antique-looking desk to get something that will fit in well with my antique furniture.

Art is at my door right now - probably with some venison. Gotta dash!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Wednesday Morning!!

I'm back!! My conference went really well and I learned a lot that I think will really benefit the office. I met some really neat people while I was there and had a great time being an Austinite again! The hardest part of the whole time was trying to be SB-friendly. But I did it! I took the portable dvd player, so I was able to get my workouts in the whole time as well.

I'm still at my parents' and I'll be leaving shortly. I'm hoping to get home around 4 pm. I've got a lot of laundry and unpacking to do. Plus, I CAN'T wait to see Jason. I had a lot of fun, but I still wish he could have come with me to see my family. I need to remind myself that we'll both be back a week from today for Thanksgiving. Can you believe that?!

Ruth: You sound like a busy lady! Don't you hate it when your packages aren't complete. It's like Christmas, you get something new, and then you have to wait to use it while the company sends you the rest! Hope the nuts and bolts come in soon!

Cottage: WTG getting up and getting going! I need to get back into that mode now that the "vacation" is over. Guess what! I bought a set of cross stitch pillows to do for my secret santa gift at work. It's been a while since I did one, but I think it'll be fine! (If it turns out horrid-looking, I'll just go buy something for her!! )

Schatzi-Watzi: Thanks for starting us up in your usual chipper manner! Hope you have a great day!

Well, I really must go repack! Why do we always end up going back home with so much more than we came with?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:40 AM   #6  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Mornin' chicas! And a bright shiny one it is! Just wanted to pop in and report I lost again this week! Brings the grand total up to 23 lbs!! Huzzah!

Now it's time to go work out! I'll be back in later!

(I just noticed how many ! are in this post. Amazing how a scale movement can put you in an awesome mood, eh?)
Old 11-15-2006, 09:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I have been away for a while... and you might have guessed it.... away from South Beach too. I have been eating foods that I know are wrong for me and have been eating way more than I should. My body feels like a mess (tired, dragging, just plain UGH!) which of course has just made be indulge even more.

I am back now and am restarting Phase 1 (it seems like I am not the only one who makes it to Phase 2 and then goes crazy with the bad habits). I am having and egg and an egg white with 2 slices of turkey bacon, a glass of water and some V-8 this morning. I am going to grab some coffee before heading to work.

I am leaving my ticker where it is... even though according to my scale this morning it is off by 2 pounds.

I hope everyone has a great day... I am hoping that I do!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #8  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
(it seems like I am not the only one who makes it to Phase 2 and then goes crazy with the bad habits)
Pshaw! Hardly, it's a miserable hard transition to make, in my opinion. Keep trying, you CAN do it!

So to get everyone through Hump Day, I found the funniest and truest comic:

Ignore the screaming, chicks!

Credit to toothpastefordinner.com
Old 11-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #9  

Lisa!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #10  
paganfroglady

Good morning all!

So, is everyone having losy weather today or what? Cold and rainy and very WINDY here! And only going to get colder. Brrr!

Hope everyone has a great day! Stay warm!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/196/170

Height: 6'

Good morning ladies!

Boy is it cold here today. The high today is supposed to be 51 I'm so stressed. I have to write a 10 page paper and work on my grad school applications and study for tests I have this theory that college teachers conspire to give you an ulser by assigning all sorts of big assignments all at once. Oh well, that's higher education for you.

In good news, I've been very good about staying OP this week and I'm resolved to keep it up. Also, I tried on this pair of pants that have never fit me but I didn't want to send them back because I bought them from a store in the UK and the S&H is murder. Anyway, when I tried them on I was actually able to zip them I still need to lose a lot before they actually look good but that is a step in the right direction.

Anyway, I have to go get ready for school. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #12  
paganfroglady

Lisa....

That comic is the BEST! LOL funny. I printed it and it is hanging in my cube
Old 11-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kaity, for getting into those pants! With the progress you're making, they'll fit you perfectly in no time!

pagenfroglady, it's overcast here, but compared to the past few days, it's not too bad. We're in for more wicked weather tomorrow, though.

theobviouschild, cute cartoon! And on the fantastic weight loss! (I like to use !!! too!)

Shenanigans, you may have strayed for a while, but at least you found your way back, It happens to almost all of us, but we'll eventually succeed.

Kim, glad that your conference went well, and have a safe trip back home!

Ruth, I can sympathize with you, Grrrr! Don't you just hate it when some of the parts are missing? Ooooh, an antique looking desk! I know it will look just great in your parlour. I'd love to move my computer downstairs so I'm not shut away up here, but there's no place to put it that I can think of. How did the election turn out, was your friend elected to mayor?

Hey, Schatzi, whattcha working on today? Something fun? BTW, how is the land deal thing coming along, are you still working on it?

Well, the morning is almost over, time to go get Maggie. I threw a turkey tenderloin in the crockpot with some artichoke and red pepper tapenade, black olives, garlic and onions. I hope it turns out!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

theobviouschild - that is hilarious ! Thanks for the laugh...

I froze all day yesterday. I have a space heater at my desk and had it going all day trying to warm my feet up. Today is rather nice though and I almost don't need a jacket out there. The one thing I love about being here in the winter is the chinooks - its just beautiful and the warm wind is glorious. Beats the dark rainy days that I grew up with in Vancouver.

kaity - I hear ya girl. When I was in University I had to write the progress of my assigments in my daytimer to make sure I was on time - things like "research done for Soc433?" so that when paper writing time came I was prepared. Didn't always work though - can't tell you how many times I was up until 3:00 a.m. finishing a paper for an 8:00 class. Sure feels good when you get back the papers though and find out you did well. Then.... you slack off again b/c the pay off is good ...

Shenanigans - I feel like starting P1 all over again all the time... eek ! But since this is a change in eating for life, we just gotta keep trying to stay healthy. You can do it !!

Ruthxxx and Schatzi - thanks for your words of support. I really appreciate them... I think that your absolutely right - the last thing I would want to do is (1) trap him, (2) start a childs life off unwanted or (3) push the issue. I've got a girlfriend who is 32 years old and her bf is 43. He's had himself snipped so he can't have any more kids (he has 2 teenagers already) and she had to make the decision if she loved him more than she wanted children. I never thought that I would have to make that decision, but ... That's not part of the equation for me and bf hasn't said 'no', but he hasn't said 'yes' either. I don't even know if I can have kids. But I can definitely get a puppy. I told bf that I may just have to do that if the desires get too strong. My sister is 40 and she's never had any either. She says they were just never ready - financially speaking. Her and her husband like spending their time and money golfing - not much different from me really. BF and I like to do lots of weekend trips golfing, etc. I know our life would change drastically and we wouldn't be doing those things but sometimes I just have to wonder at the meaning of it all.

I struggled for so long to get myself to the place where I didn't need anyone or anything in my life. Paid my own way through University - got myself a great career - bought my own house - got a nice car, etc. Who would've thought that I ever would've fallen in love? I think someone put a spell on me.... Now I find myself wanting him to be a part of my life forever and I find me self "needing" him... it's a weird and wonderful feeling all at the same time.

He's considering taking a job overseas and wants me to go with. I think it would be such a great adventure. Maybe that'll be the way life takes me. We'll get to travel a lot and I can do some work that fulfills my soul purpose in the world. He hasn't asked me to marry him but has said he wants to spend the rest of his life with me several times and I know he wouldn't make a decision that would affect us negatively. I haven't given the move much more thought because I didn't really think it was going to become a real possiblity. After talks last night, I better start thinking about it. Hard.

It would all be so much easier if my house would sell... anyone looking? It's got a swimming pool and a hot tub and a sauna ....

Froglady: That's awesome ! Having each other to support is going to make it so much easier. WTG !!

Cottage: I remember my mom teaching me how to crochet and sew. I still love doing it. I made a beautiful blanket out of the softest yarn several years ago that I thought I would put on my daughters bed some day... Anyhow, the darn thing took me one whole winter to complete, but it's so gorgeous I can't wait to unpack it and curl up on the couch with it. My sewing skills aren't the greatest and I struggle with the instructions sometimes, but I've made a few things that I actually wear and no one can tell that they are hand made. I also crochet dishcloths - they are the greatest. Hey, maybe I'll make a bunch of those for Christmas gifts... yah....

Kim_Star:
I've seen that cross-stich stuff - isn't it hard? Do your eyes get cross-eyed?

Oh my.. I've been writing for a while - better get to work.

Oh yes, and I'm down to 179 ... what a slow go..... but at least it's going down, not up so I'm very happy about that.

Have a great day ladies !
Old 11-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #15  
paganfroglady

mgb4t - I am excited for you and your possibility of moving! Indeed it would be a great adventure. And I *might* be interested in your house....if there's 5 acres of land that is attached to it
Closed Thread