General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #1  

Default John Mayer & VW

I was watching TV and i saw a commercial where John Mayer was rocking out on his guitar. I was curious what he was promoting and apparently VW is having a promotion if you buy a VW from now until the end of Dec you get a free first act guitar. Interesting way of advertsising. I was intrigued with the commercial because of John Mayer but i was curious if anyone else had seen it? What do you think? I think its a cool concept, very different to say the least.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

A girl in my office just got a VW last week. Yes, it does come with an electric guitar! There is this nifty plug in the car to plug the guitar into. That's some very expensive amplifier if you ask me!!
Old 11-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #3  

Oh wow, that is really cool. Does she like the guitar? Its supposed to be quite a collectors item. I heard they were going on ebay for $500+ Does she play? I am interested to see what someone with the car thinks about it.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

She doesn't know how to play. She's not sure what she's going to do with the guitar.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #5  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

I think there is another VW commercial with Slash from Velvet Revolver/Guns 'n Roses in it.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #6  

Yes there are actually 3 different commercials. I am not a huge rock n roll girl but i also like the Slash and the Nigel commercials. I put all of the links below. They are really short but i like them.

Here is the John Mayer Commercial:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O-wl1Hbncy4

Here is the Slash commercial:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aqv9Z6W4nCY

And the Last is Nigel:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zwLeRRnZQtU
Closed Thread