Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 06:32 PM   #16  

Default Good Evening Everyone!

I had a great day! I started back to school today and it seems like I am going to have one tough class. Please pray for me. Well besides that I took that step and went to the gym. Yes! Yes! I did it, I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill. I was so proud of myself when I walked back out those doors I felt so good. This morning when I said my morning prayer I ask the good Lord to please help me through this day and it has been great. After the walk I I felt so good that I went to the store and bought some decaffinated tea and lean cuisine dinners. I am thinking positve.

Ginny- The straws do seem to be helping me get the water down. I drank four glasses so far today. I do hope the taste gets better as go along. Thanks for the prayers.

Sami- I am sorry you had such a bad day. No one should be talked to in such a manner. A person that talks in a manner like that needs prayer. I hope you get to feeling better,and that the Lord blesses you with a better day.

Wilma 12- It sounds to me like you are doing all the right things. I know you will soon be able to see the results. Keep up the good work.

God Bless
Metoo
Old 01-07-2002, 10:41 PM   #17  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!
This is going to have to be short- I have a lot to do tonite.
Sami- So sorry to hear about the mess you walked into at work!
It can be so hard being peacemaker, and trying to keep your balance when the other person has lost theirs. Hope that you can get some prayer time in to share this burden with the Lord and calm yourself. Hope that your evening is peaceful.

Wilma- you sound really in diet mode !!!!! Great!!!!!! I hope that your day ended as well as it was planned to. Broken scale or not, the results will show!

Meetoo- WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on getting some excercise in!!
Keep it up- you will be feeling better and see the results in your body and on the scale. I am so happy for you!!! You can do this! Good job on the water too.

As for me, we were blessed with a beautiful snowfall today, about 8". I got out and built a snowman with Dd, and a wee bit of sledding. My eating was fair- I snacked a bit, but I do not think it was catastophic. I hope to get a few minutes in on my health rider once I sign off.
Tomorrow is a busy day for me, so I had better go. Have a peaceful evening!
Ginny
Old 01-08-2002, 10:53 AM   #18  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!!

My evening ended well last night. I was feeling hunger pangs by 10:00 pm so instead of snacking I had a small bowl of cereal and that satisfied me.

I'm still really struggling with the exercise. I had great intentions of going for a walk after work but felt too tired to go. I know that if I had gone I would have had more energy. I will conquer this too. I really want to lose the remaining 30 lbs. I bought a dress that's too tight for my ds grad in June and I want to wear it. Please pray that I'll be able to find motivation to get out there.

Ginny: I told my son about your snowfall. He is so jealous. He may have to go to New York to snowmobile.

Metoo: You sound so positive. I need your inspiration. Keep it up!!

Please remember ds's friend today in prayer. They found a lump on his neck and he is going for a biopsy today. He's only 18 and his grandmother just died of cancer. He'll find out Friday what the test results are. Needless to say everyone is anxious about this.

Prayers, Wilma
Old 01-08-2002, 12:07 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Wilma, I am at work and have little time to leave a long post. Of course I will remember ds's friend in prayer. God is so good and faithful. I will check in again later.
Ginny
Old 01-08-2002, 08:46 PM   #20  

Default Good Evening

Not a whole lot of time to write tonight, I hope everyone had a good day. I held on pretty good, water intake was not as good as yesterday but will do better tomorrow.

Wima 12- My prayers are with ds's friend. I believe in God's healing, and prayer is the best thing anyone can do for another. I will ask God to bless you with the motivation you need. I not only pray for myself, but for all of you. You are my inspiration.

Good Night & God Bless
Metoo
Old 01-08-2002, 09:44 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Good evening ladies,
This has been a long day. Not necessarily a bad one, just long...... and I am glad that it draws to a close.

Wilma- I will pray for your Ds's friend. A lot of times a lump like that is just a fatty cyst, and I will pray that that is all there is!
I also hope that you find the motivation to get out and walk. Last nite I went for a late nite walk (11pm) just after it stopped snowing (thought of you!). It looked as though the Lord had just sprinkled white glitter all over! Everything glistened, and at that hour it was so peaceful.

Meetoo- glad that your day went ok. We willl inspire each other here,right?! Your victories are ours too. Let's all face tomorrow knowing that we can do this.

I wish I had gotten out for a walk today, but my schedule would not allow one. Tomorrow I will be sure to do so.
Time for some sleep. Have a peaceful night!
Ginny
Old 01-09-2002, 07:48 AM   #22  

Blessed Morning to all,
I will have to be quick I have to get the kids to school. Yesterday I didn't feel very well. I called the Dr office and told them about my reaction to my new meds and I knew it was bad when the nurse called me back in 3 min very concerned then the Dr himself called and told me that I had a potentiality fatal reaction to my meds and that he was going to have to be real careful what they put me on. God must have something speical in mind for me to spare me again. And the thing is about 1 1/2 years ago I had a reaction to another med and I ended up having an ekg because my heart kept skipping and my blood pressure keep going up and I ended up on 3 diffrent ones my legs were swelling and I went to two diffrent dr and I am the one who relized it was the meds while posting our medical I read the side affects part and every serious side affect listed I was having. If this would not have happen back then I would not have noticed a link between the meds and how I was feeling and because I take this before going to bed and if I would have taken one more dose (because after just two doses my face swelled and my tonge and throat swelled and blisters started )but being cold and flu season it easy could have been passed off and my throat could have closed up and I stop breathing. When you can look back and see something like this you can see God is in control and something that happen almost two years before was just preparing me to save me now. THANK YOU GOD!
Blessing today
Sami
Old 01-09-2002, 11:17 AM   #23  
Quit counting at 45!

Sami: I'm so glad you're okay. What a scare! Please, take care of yourself. We need you!! It's a good thing you recognized the signs.

Ginny: Thanks for the kind words. DS's friend finds out on Friday so I'll keep you posted. I plan to get out for a walk today. The weather is incredible and I'm home today. I did get a bit of an upper body workout kneading dough this am.

Metoo: Thanks for your prayers. I desperately need them right now. I feel very lazy and need to get out of this rut. I am going to post here as soon as I come back from my walk so give me a kick if you don't see my post!!

Have a great day! Wilma
Old 01-09-2002, 05:07 PM   #24  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
A quick hello. Sami and Wilma, I will keep you in prayer. Sami- God is so good, and praise him that all worked out as it did.
Wilma, you will get your inspiration back..........and I will pray that you do!
I had a great day- eating well, got my walk in etc... Then Dd (15) pulled a fast one and is staying over at a friends house. I can't fill iin the details now, but she is in trouble. (she must think I am stupid or something).
Gotta go take Ds to his baskeball game.
Have a good nite.
Ginny
Old 01-09-2002, 10:57 PM   #25  

Default Hi Girls!

Have you girls saw the "slim fast " commercial?
I just split with laughter! I do all those things on my scales, now I know how silly I do look!
You've probably all saw it before me, the men in this house when home, don't sit for commercials, thats what the remote is for.

Motivate me girls!
I've gained 3 lbs. over the holidays and my hunger grows.
Trying so hard to get back OP. My mornings are great but by afternoon, I'm stress eating. Help!!!!

My prayers go out to each of you wrestling with health issues.
We are still doing Wednesday prayers correct?
Wednesday is our Bible Study night, so its easy to remember each of you on this evening. God Bless!

I'm off now to watch the AMA Awards, goodnight girls.

Sister Joanne,
Canada.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:06 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
This is strange, I was unable to get on this site at all today, and now it appears as though posts are missing. I thought that yesterday, I responded to Joanne- but it is not showing up.
Joanne- no I have not seen the slim fast commercial- and as a matter of fact- now I know that I responded to your post yesterday, because I had a few ideas on how to get around stress eating. Now they are lost in cyberland.

So, I will not go too crazy here posting- as it might get lost.
I hope that you are all abiding in God's love and having a good day. I'll check in later to see if this is up to date or if the posts are still getting lost.
Ginny
Closed Thread