Old 11-13-2006, 08:39 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat.... 11/13-19

I knew celebrating our anniversary was a bad thing. And now I'm SOO ready to figure out why I keep doing this to myself. I KNOW I feel better when eating LC. And when I finally start to lose, I feel even better...so why do I screw it up and eat junk? The million dollar question. But it's time I got serious. Doing w/out soda is going well. I only drank a couple sips the past couple days. So I believe I've got that out of my system. Now to just up the water, and get OP!!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone, hope everyone's been doing good.. I have missed everyone..My fault.. just been lazy. Here lately i have been tired all the time...I'm sure its to many carbs.. not enough protein...Got to get back on track. I started eating better again this morning, had my eggs for breakfast...Now to figure out lunch...chicken and veggies for sup..lunch is always hardest for me....

I got my old job back at dollar general that i quit last year...Been back about a month now...working again is helping with exersize. Its always non stop...This time i'm not in management though, but they are already wanting me to be ***. manager when our manager gets relocated..I'm not sure i'm ready for that again...

I need a few swift kicks and some motivation and i know here is the place to get it... ...I have gained about 10 pounds back... ...But now i'm ready to lose and get my energy back...

Hello to everyone...
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Im starting fresh this morning too, and with some "feel good" determination. This morning I woke up wanting to do this....instead of feeling like I have to do it.

Have a great op day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #4  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

TOM should be here in a couple of days and the scale is starting to show it. Up 3 pounds. I ate breakfast casserole this morning and have made enough for the week. (Maple sausage, sharp cheddar cheese, eggs and a little cream). I even got some vanilla protein shake (1 carb per scoop). I did my WATP 2 miles this am, and did some strength exercises afterwards. It is hub's bday and he is harrassing me for cake, ice cream and gifts. I intend to give it to him just before I go to work - removes temptation and knowing the kids there will not be anything left. (fingers crossed)

Candy
- Woohoo! welcome back!! It is great to see you back online neighbor.

Robin -I know what you mean. I made my food for a week in advance yesterday and put them in the freezer because I want to do good. So lets get losing!!
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #5  
beachbum

HI Ladies

Sorry for posting so late.

Went to the Mall this morning. We want to get new pots & pans as ours are all scratched up even with the nonstick ones. We found some that my guru Rachael Ray uses,and the price is right,along with a 20 % off coupon,can't beat that.

Had a great weekend eating wise,I kept to the low carb theme,lets see what the scales says on Wednesday.

Brenda-Thanks for starting us up this week. We all have day like that when junk foods become comfort foods. Happy anniversary,and you deserve to celebrate once in a while. I know we are going to celebrate our 40th anniversary on a cruise ship for 2 weeks.I'm really going to be in trouble with all that food hanging around.GOING to PLAN to stay low carbing for 2 meals and on the 3rd will indulge a little.

Candy-Welcome back to the thread,good luckon this WOE.You lost it before why not this time around.

Robin-You're starting on the right foot,as your determined.

MsChris-Sorry about you gain. Try to stay in control over the birthday:bh: cake.You'll feel better later for it.

Have to start dinner
Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Great to see you back Candy.
I was off program on my eating tonite. Will try to walk when I get home from bingo. I slept late then went with my son to the Doctor. Ended up with no food until supper. By then, I was starving and we had some fajitas at a mexican restaurant. Oh well, life happens. At least I didn't eat the beans and rice, which I would have done before or even worse the tortilla chips.
BB, I need to get new pots and pans too. I seem to have to replace mine every 2 or 3 yrs.
Hope everyone has a good day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #7  
Going to ONEderland

Hi everyone. Scale hasn't changed since yesterday, 249.5. That's cool. I'm still working and still happy with that number. My goal is 247. Hope to make that by next Monday, hopefully sooner, but I figure my weight loss is going to slow down at some point soon, it usually does. So I'm trying to psych myself up to being happy with 2 pounds a week.

Over the weekend I spent time installing a new kitchen floor. I still have one corner and the edges to do, but it looks so much better. Brighter, cleaner etc. It was a lot of work though and exhausting to do.

My daughter and I went to the "Asia Mart" and found her a Chinese style dress. Very beautiful. Long straight with the high collar, slits up the sides (so she could walk) black with red embroidery all over it. LIttle "frogs" at the side of the shoulder, and at the top of the slits. She looked really cute in it when she wore it yesterday. I want a figure like that!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

hey all!
Brenda - I know soda was a big thing with me too. Now I can't stand the taste or even the smell of it! if you can give up those few sips in a bout a week you won't even think about it and can begin to tackle the next thing!!!

CANDY - Welcome back! See you should have stuck around like lillybelle. I thinkeven afteryou reach goal you need support too! At least you caught yourself after 10 lbs. That shouldn't be hard to pull off!

MsChris - Don't worry I'm sure those few lbs will disappear as TOM does! Good plan with the birthday cake!

Beachbum - congrats on a LC weekend. That's an accomplishment in itself!

Lillybelle - yes, it seems the worst thing we can do is NOT eat! That happened to me today. I went to the store after work and I was starving. I bought 2 kinds of nuts, ice cream and a cake, telling myself it was for my kids when I just swore that i was going to make them start eating healthy too. I really didn't want the stuff in the house! So far so good though, but those nuts are always calling out to me!! (I'm ot the type thatcan have just a few!) so I best stay away from them altogether!

Nasus- Hey! Like your post on Sunday! It's good that you at least check in!! Hope all is going well!

Robin - Isn't that a great feeling? I'm beginning to feel like that with the treadmill again!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:45 PM   #9  

oops! hit the send button instead of the enter button..
Sandy - You have done great. you know those big numbers won't come off everyweek. 2 lbs is really good too! Heck, I'll take it!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:39 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

NTL, yes I hate it when my routine is messed up. If I somehow don't start my day with my usual breakfast, I'm more prone to mess up. However, I think that with exercising again today and the fact that I had only my one meal maybe I won't gain . (I can hope anyways). Just got home from bingo with my step-daughter, we didn't win tonite. But, it was nice to go anyway.

I am looking for a TOPS program in my area for maintenance support. I think I could use that group support and weekly weigh-in for accountability for at least 2 yrs. to help with my maintenance efforts. I love coming on 3FC's to post and think a Live group would alsohelp me. I'll let you all know how this
goes. I'm not going to change the way I eat, I'm sticking LC for life.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:40 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Candy: Good job getting back on track! And sounds like you like not being in management?

Robin: Great attitude!! You can do this!!

MsChris: How'd the birthday temptation go? WTG on the exercise!!

BB: The cruise sounds like fun! Enjoy it for sure! And the pots and pans sound like a great deal!!

Lily: How's the foot been? I noticed you're exercising more so was wondering if it was healing ok? WTG on not eating the chips and other stuff!!

Sherry: What type of flooring was it? And installing stuff is definitely a workout! Keep up the great work with your eating. Looks like you're doing great!!

NTL: How's it going?

Last night went well, slight headache but wasn't sure if it was carb withdrawal or if my ear was the cause. TOM has arrived so won't be expecting any big losses. I'll be happy if I can get through the week OP!! It's not like we don't have plenty of OP food to eat in the house. Just a matter of choosing. The hardest part is the "I want a snack" part of the evening. I have to keep reminding myself I'm really not hungry. As this is only the 2nd day...we'll see how that goes! I need to get something legal in the house on the offchance TOM decides to throw huge cravings into my system! Hate it when that happens! Didn't have soda yesterday so I consider that an accomplishment!! YAHOO! One day at a time now for the eating portion!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ sounds like you had a good day yesterday!!

Ive discovered, with having my new office in the attic....its 2 floors away from the kitchen!! I dont like stairs to begin with, so I managed to keep out of the fridge last night just by staying in my office til about 930 What ever works right?!?!

Ive started using that listerine whitening...and its giving me a funny taste in my mouth....anyone else notice this? Its very weird.

Anyway, Im off to get some work done, have a great day!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe how balmy it is up here on the Cape for the month of Nov. Had breakfast while the skies we're getting dark with terransal[sp] down pours and lightening.

Well I got my pots & pans designed by Rachael Ray.I love them except you can't put them in the dishwasher. I hate washing greasy pots and pans by hand.The reason we bought them as Leo & I love to cook and these are suppose to be lifetime guaranteed.

Having my canasta group coming to the house this afternoon.Than the same group & I are going our to a luncheon giving by the Senior Center for all the volunteers. So I have a busy schedule ahead of me.

Have to got out and buy the snacks,will post my menu later. Have a wonderful day

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 264/253.5/140

Steady weight loss. Another 2 pounds gone and my eating habits are going really great.
lrgnlvly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #15  

lrgnlvy - Great! Are you finding it easy sticking to the plan? I'm glad to hear that things are working for you!