Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Core Chat for November 13-November 20

Hi All:

I see that no one started a new weekly chat thread yesterday, so I'll start one for us today

I've got a busy day ahead of me, with too many meetings. I know those dreaded cookies will be at every one of those meetings. OK, I'll ask sweetly "Are those Core?" Maybe I can start a new trend.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Come back Kathy!!

Rhonda
Old 11-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #2  
Tracy(Canada)

S/C/G: 186/185/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone,
I am a new member of this site and am just starting a new plan for losing weight. So far, I have just started to make small changes to my eating habits and have lost four lbs. I have been on weight watchers and herbal one before and have successfully lost weight, but have fallen off the wagon when I went on my own. I do wish to lose the weight once and for all, on my own and make it a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix. I am looking forward to connecting with others who are on the weight loss journey. I dislike the word diet and choose to call it a lifestyle change. Diet just sets me up for failure. I perfer to look at this as a way to better my health, have more energy and be obedient to God. Don't worry, I won't preach to anyone on this site. HaHa.
Thanks in advance for your emails of support and we'll talk soon.
Tracy

Last edited by tracteso; 11-15-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #3  

Happy Monday -

Hi Tracy, I just joined too! This is my fourth time in 18 years on WW. This time is totally different since they added the core plan. I have been more successful this time than ever before and have actually stuck with it. I mean this for life now!
Weigh in day for me. My meeting isn't until 7pm, so I have all day to think about it! I actually love weigh in day, kind of like I look forward to New Years Day. It is a chance for a new beginning, a clean slate if you will. My week starts on Tuesday (in my head) since I weigh on Monday evenings. I think that I have lost this week even if it is only a very small amount. I felt lighter when I woke up this morning - and I LOVE that! My work this week will be getting my water down and exercising. I love to do both, but if I don't make it a priority it just doesn't get done. I literally have to carry a water bottle around with me everywhere I go in order to drink. I can be so thirsty and will just continue with work and not get a drink - I can't figure that out. I just know that I feel so in control when I drink my water and exercise.
I'm tired today so I am going to try to get a nap in later so that I will have the energy for a workout. I hope everyone is a big loser this week! Speaking of which, is anyone keeping up with the biggest loser?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone

Well yesterday was a better day of eating but still not where it should be. I feel that today will be a much better day. We put some Christmas lights up yesterday and this weekend I plan on finishing most of my Christmas shopping. Last year I was really late getting everything ready for Christmas and this year I think I will be early

Rhonda that is so exciting that you are getting married soon. Congratulations and I wish you both the best!!!! Your honeymoon sounds very exciting and enjoy the warm weather. That was very nice of you cook the sweets for your former in laws and you did very good only having a little bit. That's the only way I could probably cook sweets ...if I was giving them away. Good luck today with all the cookie temptations..I'm sure you will do fine!

Sandra- Congrats on your archery rounds...sounds like you had lots of fun. You did great just having a dessert..I had a little wine and dessert on Saturday night and felt way too full but I did learn a lesson as my stomach bothered me for hours after dinner.

Tina- I think that it's a great idea to go between core and flex if that is what keeps you on program. I'm a believer in doing what works best for our own body as long as it's healthy. I know my weight responds better when I switch things up so I'm sure it won't hurt you any to go between the two.

Paula- Our Thanksgiving is in October but I love Turkey so much I decided I was going to cook a Turkey the same weekend you guys have Thanksgiving as I always crave it when I hear everyone talking about it lol. I will make sure I just make healthy side dishes and most likely try a core dessert.Sorry to hear you had a stressful time last week..I'm sure everything will work out for you!

Welcome Tracy I always try and call this a lifestyle change but sometimes that word diet slips in my vocabulary and I have to remind myself this isn't a diet. Jump in here and post away..this is a great group of people.

I'm off to do some cleaning

Areil
Old 11-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #5  

Morning Beckley,

I wanted to wish you luck on your weigh in today. That is great that you look forward to weigh in days..I actually do too. I have a really hard time with my water and I'm going to sit down and try and figure something out. Once I start drinking water I'm ok..it's just making myself drink those first few glasses. I taped The Biggest Loser last week and I was so mad..they reset my digital box and I think it stopped the vcr after only an hour of taping and it was a two hour show. I know what happened tho as I just went to the website and caught up but I still would of loved to watch the last hour.

Areil
Old 11-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Aeril, Welcome. When I posted earlier today I knew there was another person who joined recently that I don't think I welcomed. So, WELCOME! I'm lucky to be going to my SIL for Turkey day. I'll bring a salad and veggie. She is diabetic so she always cooks healthy. It should be a good day.

WELCOME to you too Tracy. When I did core I too made a lifestyle change. I had (almost typed have!) been heavy my whole adult life. Always had at leaset 20 pds to lose, sometimes upwards to 40. When I started WW this last time (Sept 2004) it was just when core was introduced. I loved the idea on not weighing and measuring -- after all, who does that in real life? So, it worked very well for me, for the first time ever (been on and off WW for 20 years) I made lifetime in June 2005. I still stick to core basics and have pretty much maintained my loss. I've been fighting 5 pds now for most of this year. Not sure why I can't seem to get back to losing, but I'm still very happy with myself.

Good luck!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #7  

Thank you for the welcome Paula!!!!

Areil
Old 11-13-2006, 01:03 PM   #8  

I think that the time change had something to do with the sattelite and the taping - I had problems as well. Luckily I was here when it started and noticed that it did not start taping. This is my first season of watching and I am a reality nut. I really wish they would share some of their secrets. I went to the website, but didn't find much info. Don't you have to pay or something?

I read in First magazine last week that finding online support was very helpful. Having a group of strangers with a common issue to lean on for support was a great way to succeed. I have always felt that if I told someone that I was dieting, I would surely fail - because they were looking at everything that crossed my lips. When Dr. Phil said to tell people to be accountable, I couldn't have disagreed more. My family is a great source of support for me, but I know that here I have people that know what I am going through and that can give me advice and relate to a bad day. It is very different.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Rhonda, as my little niece would say, YOU SO CRAZY! I didn't get your email yet but will look again tonight. Can't access home email from work.

Welcome to all you new members! Things might just pick up around here yet!
Old 11-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #10  

Beckley, You are right about the Biggest Loser website..you pretty much have to pay to get any information. I do know they exercise five to six hours a day which obviously in the real world is too much.
I know what you mean sometimes it's nice to have people in your life to share your new lifestyle but it can also be a pain when you are eating something and using your points and they ask if I should be eating that lol.

Thanks for the welcome Kathy!!!!!!

Areil
Old 11-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi and welcome to Tracy -another canuck!

Hi Beckley - nice to have you aboard as well - good luck w/your wi tonight! Let us know how you do!

Areil - I"m like you - any excuse for turkey - I think I too shall have to cook one up in honor of all my american chickie friends

Have never been out east! but would love to visit and eat lots of lobster and seafood! I actually grew up in Montreal - and now in Ottawa - a very lovely city to visit - come in the spring when all the tulips are in bloom along the canal - very pretty! I have been to Toronto many times but as I get older (ya I know) I find I just don't want to do that 4-5 hour drive each way. My gf in Toronto is now begging me to come next weekend for her daughter's bday party - but I Just want to sit home and do nothing - I am a lazy frouf.

So I am also SICK SICK SICK - yes dh had a sore throat and stuffed nose a few days ago - and guess what? I am not immune - I can hardly breathe and my head hurts - dh gone to pharmacy to get more DRUGS! Luckily off of work today for remembrance day (on saturday) so at least I don't have to go out. Except to vote - today are the municipal elections and I shall drop by to vote on my way to take dd to dance.

BEST NEWS - the 'thing' is out of her face - yes removed at her dad's place this saturday - just a little red mark on her face which I hope will heal - at least it doesn't seem to be infected or gettingn worse! Of course she is not a happy camper - what else is new?

At least I slept somewhat last night after taking some decongestants, etc. And went to bed early (11 pm) and woke up after 9 - pretty good for a tired and sick froufie!

dh out jamming tonight - I shall be the chauffeur for dd - home by 9:15 - so I can watch The batchelor in rome (I only watch it for the great scenery you know!) tee hee

Frouf

P.S. Vickie - where are you? Off on that gambling boat? Or just out spending all your winnings? Happy anniversary!

Last edited by Froufy; 11-13-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #12  

Frouf- I will join you in cooking a turkey to support our American friends lol. I don't blame you for not wanting to take that long drive...has to be better than my ride on the bus tho haha.
To be honest I must not live in the right city for seafood because we don't have much here. There are probably places in Nova Scotia and probably somewhere in New Brunswick too that would have good seafood but I have never checked it out. The best seafood I had in the last while was a few years ago when we went to this restaurant down in Maine called the Bluebird and it was cheap even with the exchange and it was very good.
Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad...I hate colds. One of the things that I find that helps me the most is steaming my head..I just put my face over a boiling pot of water with a towel over my head and breathe in as much steam as I can. I do it a few times a day and I find that it keeps my colds from lasting as long.
I'm glad to hear that your daughter took out the piercing...didn't sound like it was very safe.

Well I suppose I should go finish watching last week's prison break that I taped before the next one is on.

Areil
Old 11-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, guess what I made for dinner?

Chicken breast, marinated in margarita mix, and grilled. Served on a bed of black beans and rice, with a side of pico de gallo.

I do believe this is my new favorite meal!!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

Chicken drunk on Margaritas! I love it. My goodness that sounds like a tasty meal...gotta try that. Yep, Kat, I do hope I'm "so crazy." It takes a long time to get to be 61 years old and there's just no good reason to be sane anymore

Frouf, sorry you're sick. I too just hate colds. You know the story: one week with meds or one week without. I do take decongestants though just to be more comfortable. I'm also absolutely sure that OJ and Irish Whiskey are Core in situations like this. Also, very glad to hear that your daughter's face didn't fall off!

Welcome again to the new folks...nice to see more activity and hear from more people.

Rhonda
Old 11-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #15  
Melissa

Wow, am I ever behind. to BeckleyBunch, Tracy, Areil...did I miss someone? If so, welcome!

Kathy, you all must have eaten at Chili's. That sounds so good.

Rhonda, aren't we getting close to your big day??

Frouf, I hope that you're feeling much better!

Vickie, happy anniversary!

Girls I'm trying to catch the boat...I'm swimming way behind you all somewhere lost at sea...one of these days I'll get there I suppose. I MUST get back into the routine of getting up and exercising, starting tomorrow! I think I've missed a week now and that's no good. I felt so much better when I was doing it. I was off work today and tomorrow to do stuff for school. Since I've decided to not go back next semester I think my brain thinks it can quit already. It has to stay active for a few more weeks!
Here's a shameless plug...don't forget you can shop for some great Pampered Chef gifts through my website! If you need some ideas just send me a pm...I'll be glad to help you find something that will fit your budget. You can get gift certificates too! Oh and if any of you know someone who is getting married, we have an awesome gift registry.
OK enough of my shameless plug. I just thought of it reading about holiday preparations.
Well I better get to doing some before-bed chores. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

Oh Frouf I meant to tell you that I got this month's WW magazine and there is a menu for Hanukkah that is core! I thought that was really interesting and looked like some yummy stuff in there.
Closed Thread