Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:36 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again...#1059

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

I am very pleased to report that I did indeed see a loss at this morning’s weigh in. I am down 3 lbs I am so relieved to have lost half of that 6 lbs I had gained. Now I just need to lose the other 3 lbs and anything else will be working back towards my 100 lbs lost goal

My mood is great, the sun is shining, but my back is still bad I thought I would do a few little jobs this morning, ones that I could do sitting down, like sitting on my stool in the bathroom so I could clean the toilet and sink. Washing a few dishes, dusting what I could reach without bending. But even though I took great care not to bend or stretch my back still ended up complaining. So I guess exercising is still out. It’s so annoying. I hope that today my electric heat pad/wrap will be delivered. I will spend a while lying flat out with the heat on and hopefully that will help. I am reading so much about everybody and their Gazelle’s and I am missing mine soooo much!!! I wanna exercise, it’s not fair

Lori - there is nothing pathetic about not being able to put the decorations downstairs. You know your limits when it comes to your back and you don’t want to end up in the same predicament as me do you. I say good for you for knowing your limits and sticking to them.

I am glad you were in a much better frame of mind after you had done the shopping, and cooked the muffins. I have to admit that I still haven’t tried them out, and I really should because my SD needs to have something she will hopefully really like that is high in fibre. It’s odd, my SD has terrible problems with constipation, but my DD has terrible IBS!

It’s weird isn’t it how our feet can suffer so much on exercise equipment. I tend to try to wiggle my toes a bit like you said, but nothing works except for getting off the Gazelle and taking my shoes off and walking around a bit. Things have improved since I have lost some weight, so hopefully the more I lose the less my feet will suffer.

Before I forget, did you enjoy your Tuna Pizza?

Patti - the stew was wonderful and there was even enough left for me to have for my tea tonight. YAY. Daren put chicken, butternut squash, courgettes, parsnips, turnips, carrots, onions and potatoes in it and it was delicious.

Missy - I am VERY impressed that you could get that badge winning 50 games of First class solitaire. I was hard pushed to win 6 on another old badge I much prefer the other solitaire game with the passport. It’s much easier.

That’s great that you are thinking of getting a Gazelle when finances permit. I have the Freestyle one and one of the selling points for me was that it folds away. My house is too small to have any piece of exercise equipment that has to be left up. You asked Misti what tools she needed to put the Gazelle together, I don’t know about Misti, but my Gazelle came with the tools you need which was 2 spanners/wrenches or whatever you call them over there lol. Assembly is very easy, if a bit awkward when it comes to putting the two sides together.

I think it’s a good idea that you are going to the doctor to see about the possibility of you needing meds for depression. I wish it was just a state of mind like your mum said to you when you were 16. I have always been a strong person so when I started having depression I used to be so angry at myself, thinking that I should pull myself together. It’s not as easy as that though, and although I don’t like having to take meds, they do the job and I am grateful for that. So anyway I hope you have a more understanding doctor than poor Sharon has, and I also hope that whatever your TOM problem is, that that can be sorted out to.

Xena - I looked into getting a Gazelle with the pistons, but for one thing it was much more expensive and for another I figured as I was so heavy and a newbie at that kind of exercise I would be fine on the Freestyle without the pistons. I was right. I get a good enough work out and I haven’t actually even made it to 5 miles in an hour on the thing yet. I got up to 4.6 once. One day I will get to 5 and even further, so nope, I definitely don’t need the extra resistance pistons

Jen - so glad to see your post here, and I loved the picture of you on the picture page. You look so happy in that photo, it’s hard to believe you have been feeling so down lately.

Good luck with your WI tomorrow, and for getting back OP today. We don’t have long before Christmas is upon us. I don’t know about you but as I know I will gain about 7 lbs over the festive period I want to make sure I lose as much as I can before it starts Last year I gained 22 lbs over the festive period and I made a complete pig of myself. This year I will be more sensible, but I am not going to miss out on all my usual treats

Erika Leigh - make sure you where shoes when you work out on your Rider and then you won’t have to worry about your feet hurting from the nobbles on the pedals.

Glad you had such a great week, you sounded so happy in your post

Kymberly - yes indeed there must have been something in the air, I reckon it was little voices saying Thanksgiving and Christmas are close, why not have a little treat early anyway, I don’t have Thanksgiving to celebrate, but my anniversary is on the same day and I know we are going out for a meal that day. Probably Italian, yummy.

Sue - I am exactly the same as you with the one foot always working it’s way to the top of the pedal, with me it’s my left foot. If I want to get up any speed both feet end up at the top of the pedals, and it made me wonder if I was using the Rider incorrectly and that was why me feet end up in pain. So I made a real effort to keep my feet central on the pedals and as well as slowing down my work out it didn’t help my feet anyway. I wish I could work out what I am doing wrong because like I said, it’s only the pain in my feet that make me clock watch to see when I can finish my work out!

Katy - never a truer word said, back pain does effect everything, even turning over in bed becomes a nightmare. I was trying to think what I did to make my back start hurting. Last Monday I did a lot of housework which did hurt my back, but not enough to make me stop exercising. By Friday when I was walking to the shops my back just ‘went’ mid stride. So I am wondering if after the initial ‘pull’ on Monday and then the exercising all added up to my back going on strike?! Well I have been pampering it since Friday, so surely it will be alright again soon. I sure do hope so as I need to get moving with my exercise.

That’s so funny how your friend came around straight away with a baseball bat just in case he turned out to be a psycho When Daren came to visit me he came to the house. I know people think that could have been asking for trouble but I just knew he was safe and I was right. I did ring my friend to tell her that he was on his way because I was so excited about it. He was only supposed to be coming to visit, staying one night and then going back home. I was meant to ring my friend after he left. But we got on so well, and were so besotted with each other that he stayed for a week. I never even answered the phone for the first few days, not realising my friend by now was panicking about me. She even drove past on Monday which was the day I put my rubbish out, and she could see everybody else had put theirs out, but not me. I had forgot about it. She rang me that night and I did answer the phone and she said she had actually rung her dad while she was out the front earlier to ask him if she should ring the police. She really thought Daren might have ‘done me in’. I was sorry I worried her so much, but I couldn’t help laughing at how much I freaked her out when all along Daren and I were just having a wonderful time together. I am glad that Daren was as fabulous as I knew he would be, and that your hubby didn’t end up needing a whack with the baseball bat

As for going out dancing, the problem with nightclubs is that even when you go to one with your wife/husband, other people still try to butt in and flirt with either one. Daren and I aren’t interested in that kind of nonsense, so any dancing we do we will do at home It’s much cheaper too

I bet you get a numb butt having to sit for so long at your computer at work. I get a numb butt at home and I am sitting up in bed using my computer It’s my own fault for spending so many hours on here though. As much as my hubby is an online gaming addict, I am a message board/email addict !!

I am glad to hear your mum is doing much better, is there any kind of idea how long it will be before she is allowed to go home?

Katt - you are right you certainly did have a wonderful week last week. on passing the first part of your drivers license

Don’t worry too much about that small gain you had, I bet when you weighed this morning it was already gone!

I didn’t get much sleep last night, between waking up every time I needed to turn over because my back was hurting, and then having the neighbours having an all night domestic, I am now exhausted. I am going to catch up on some missed sleep as soon as I post this and then change my ticker. Yay it’s going back DOWN now. So take care all and I will post more later,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-13-2006, 06:12 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

I think I've really done it this time--despite the consistent exercise (I'm in my 5th consecutive week!!!), my eating has been HORRIBLE lately, and I think I'm back up just over 300 pounds. My scale did say 300 even the other day, but my weekend wasn't an improvement by any means, so I was afraid to look at the number this morning. I'll be brave and check it tomorrow morning and use that number for my ticker. Then I'll put the scale AWAY and not weigh again for a week.

I did get up and do my 30 minutes of exercise this morning--don't have time to do longer workouts, but I did what I could to make those 30 minutes more intense.

Patti--heh, seems lately EVERY weekend is a blowout for me! I had CHINESE food this weekend (and you bet I ate it ALL!) Nothing to do but get back on track ASAP!

Rayne--hey, fellow Virginian! I got hit with all the rain, too...and the WIND! Luckily, I'm actually a native New Englander, so weather doesn't usually phase me

Ziggy--delivery pizza is my weakness most weekends, except this weekend it was delivery Chinese instead It seems I feel like I have to start all over again every Monday morning, but it's better than never starting at all, I suppose.

Ingrid--welcome back! I know, man, these threads FLY by! I have a lot of trouble keeping up and sometimes just admit defeat But no matter...post about ANYTHING whether it's directed at anyone in particular or not...we're here for support!

lori--glad you decided to get up and get out! I've been super tired lately (probably due to my crappy diet), and it's like pulling teeth to get me to NOT fall asleep on the couch at any given moment. Hopefully, with the more intense workouts and the improved diet, I'll be feeling better again soon. I hope for you it was just a lazy day and you'll be back to kickin' in no time!

Elmay--I am jealous that you saw penguins! I have wanted to go to Australia for as long as I can remember, and now that I know they have penguins, I want to go even more! Of course, that will have to wait till we buy our home and save up money and blah blah blah...

Ayanna--50 minutes on the treadmill is AWESOME! I'm sure your body is loving it!

Melissa--ugh, TOM concerns SUCK! I'm glad you're going to a doc about that and your depression rather than being like me and being stubborn I had TOM concerns for about 2 full months before I finally went to the doc

Alice--I just have to say I love your photo on the picture page! What a beautiful dog, and you look great!

Katt--adorable lambs (especially the one with the flower sticking out of his nose )! I'm sure it's just a temporary gain...eating poorly can make you retain some water even if it's not enough cextra calories ot make you gain real weight, ya know? I'm sure it'll be gone in no time

Ooh, I went shopping this weekend. I did soooo much walking around that mall that I was dyin' for a nap afterwards! But I got some baby clothes for my sister's baby shower (the Sunday after Thanksgiving), and I got a Christmas gift for my sister and her husband, plus I ordered my mother's Christmas gift online. Now I just have to figure out whatto get my father and Jeff...
Old 11-13-2006, 06:14 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

Ammi--looks like we were writing our novels at the same time So glad you're back down 3!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 06:51 AM   #5  

good morning everyone! Ammi that is great about your loss back on track s usual! Jillybean weekends are very much hard for me too but we gotta do what we gotta do i guess. well goota go take some cold medicne and get ready to exercise!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I'm so extremely let down...I hopped on the scale. After staying PUT at 290 for the last FOUR MONTHS NOW, I was UP. What the ****?!?! I mean, come ON. I exercised SO MUCH (or at least, a lot more than usual) this week...I've been eating good, and now the scale says 298?!?! I REFUSE to hit 300 again! And I'm doing EVERYTHING RIGHT! It's really just NOT FAIR. I would rather stay put than GAIN. Especially since I'm doing everything I should be...I'm being so HEALTHY! I'm just really not in a good mood. Hopefully, I'm just retaining water or something...but 8 pounds!?!? I feel like I'm going to cry.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, all. No time for a lot of personals but wanted to pop in.

Melissa, I think ALL of the Gazelles fold. I dont have the Elite, just the Freestyle, and it folds. I think even the Edge (cheapo one) does.

Ammi, glad you are feeling more sunny, and hope the back problem gets better soon. Actually both of my feet do slide forward on the pedals but the left one seems to stop before it gets to the place where it is pressing into the front stop. But I do slow and move them back or otherwise I would have toe problems too. LOL last night when I went to bed I can "feel" my legs moving back and forth, and every time I woke up. My inner thighs are kind of tingly too.

Kayley, what the pits that your weight is up! That does happen to me sometimes too; but usually that kind of weight goes away faster than the other. Hope the FFM gets rid of it soon for you!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #8  

Jill - I've been having TOM issues for about 2.5 years now, lol, so I must be MEGA stubborn...but I already knew that! I went to the DR about 2 years ago for it and they found nothing wrong. I'm confused.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:37 AM   #9  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just a flyby post, as I am right in the middle of report writing at the moment and most free time is spent on records or reports. Not a lot of fun, but I am hoping to get them out of the way by this coming weekend. Then I have to write the report for my student teacher. Then I can concentrate on our end of year assembly that my class is running with another grade 2 class. THEN, I can concentrate on CHRISTMAS!

Jill - You can come visit me anytime to check out the penguins. We don't have any big ones, but we do have lots of Fairy Penguins. I actually haven't been to the island where they say you can see lots of them over here. I know there are penguin islands over east as well, but I'm pretty sure we have one over here. I suppose I should check that out one day.

Ammi - I am glad you are feeling better emotionally, and that the scales are moving in the right direction. I am not sure if I actually told you, or just THOUGHT I told you, but I am positive that your bad back would have contributed to your 'mood' SO much. I know that when I have had a bad back I have snapped at anybody and everybody and just generally been out of sorts. As you have already said, you just can't get comfortable at all, and sooner or later that just wears on you. I hope you can get some relief from your back soon. Do you ever go to a chiropractor? I don't know if you've mentioned that. I know some people hate them, but I swear by them. My back can go out for no real obvious reason, but the chiropractor soon has me back on my feet again.

Sharon - I hope that you can get some help with your depression soon. Even if your doctor doesn't think it is depression, has he/she at least offered you some OTHER explanation for how you are feeling? It is all well and good that they recommend that you go and get some counselling, but how do you cope in the meantime? From what you have said, you have a number of stresses in your life and you can't just sit at home and vegetate while life passes you by. It would be good if your doctor could offer you something to help you lead a relatively 'normal' life until something else can be sorted out. I worry that some doctors just fob off real problems because they can't decide what the correct diagnosis should be. If you don't get anything useful from your current doctor then I hope you can find another one who is more helpful.

Katt - I hope you have a wonderful day at work tomorrow! It sounds as though you are SO excited about starting this new job. I hope the weather holds out for you so you have a pleasant walk to and from work.
Congratulations on passing the first stage of getting your driver's license!!!! What a major achievement! I'm glad I got mine when I was younger, as I'm not sure I would have the guts to do it now.

Kayley - I'm sure you've already worked it out, but could it possibly be time for TOM? I know that I gain a LOT of weight at that time of the month (or year, as the case may be with me). Otherwise, your body could simply be going into a little bit of a shock perhaps and it may want to hold onto whatever nutrition you are giving it. I don't really know a lot about these things, but I have heard of that happening. I would give it a few more weeks before panicking too much. Mind you... I should learn to practice what I preach, as I tend to worry BIG time when I see a gain and I am doing everything right. I hope that you see some positive results from your hard work soon.

Well, that is about it for me. I know there are many people I want to reply to, but I really do have to head off and get some sleep so I am kinda functioning properly when I get stuck back into reports tomorrow. Oh, what fun.

I hope you all have a great start to your week. We had a lovely warm day today (30C/85F) and are expecting 34C/almost 90F tomorrow. That will be a nice change. It is getting cooler and a little damp after that. I hope we have some nice weather for the zoo on Friday. At the moment they have changed the forecast to say 'morning shower'. Fingers crossed that this passes and we have a fine, but not too hot, day.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 11-13-2006, 08:24 AM   #10  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Good morning ladies! Seems like forever since I posted last although I'm sure I did on Friday. Everything just moves so quickly.
I had a rotten weekend. Was in a bad/blah mood for most of it. I hardly exercised & my eating wasn't very good either. I think I consumed more salt then anything. But from the looks of it it has been a bad weekend for alot of us. Ah well, today is another day.
Two positive things..... DD seems to be over her sickness. Thank God, I don't think I could have dealt with that much longer.
I also have found a new hobby that I could get excited about. http://www.geocaching.com Its like a big treasure hunt. DH & I went looking a bit yesterday but didn't find anything yet. We don't have a GPS so we were just trying to go by a map & it didn't work so well. Hopefully we can get a GPS soon so I can get into it totally. Good thing is that it involves alot of walking/hiking.

I missed too much to try & catch up with personals. Did want to say a few things though.

Misti: Huge Congrats on reaching your 70 lbs! I am so happy for you!

Katt: Love the pictures of your dogs & lambs. Too cute.

Congrats to everyone who has had recent successes. This site is so full of positive life changing stuff. I love it.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #11  
Each step gets me closer

Oh, weigh in was Saturday & I stayed the same. This is probably what started my bad mood. Ah well. I'm sure next WI will be better because this week will be a great week!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

Unhappy sad one

so this is going to be a weird post.....sorry. we had some horrible news yesterday. my mom got home from a trip she'd been on with my aunt and when she came in the house, she found that my dad had passed away while she was gone. we don't know what happened and will have to wait for autopsy results. i think i'm in denial or shock. it doesn't seem real. i think i'll try to keep on exercising and trying to eat until we hear something. i can't just sit around all day waiting for the phone to ring. this really sucks..........everyone take care. i'll be around later, lori

p.s. misti--the receipe for the muffins i made is on page 5 of the receipe thread, post #75

Last edited by wezi1126; 11-13-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:38 AM   #13  

WEZ i am so sorry to hear about your dad. i will keep you in my prayers today
Old 11-13-2006, 09:59 AM   #14  
Each step gets me closer

Wezi: wow, hun, I am so sorry for your loss. How horrible for your mom to have to come home to something like that. How horrible for your whole family. You will get through this. You & your family are in my prayers.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #15  

Hello all!

Lori – I'm so very sorry for your loss!

Kayley – I wish I could tell you something brilliant that explains everything about what your scale has been doing. The darn things are a mystery to me too though. I'm sure that if you've watched your food and been exercising it must be some weird fluctuation. Don't give up! I WILL come down if you don't give up!

Ammi – Glad to see you had a good WI.

Sorry I don't have any other replies, but I'm afraid I've missed too many posts! Keep up the good work girls and big to those who are struggling!

I've been really busy which is why I haven't posted much. We had a three-day weekend, which was nice, but lots of work. Thursday DS had a friend spend the night and since DH works days I took work home with me instead of coming in. Friday I did some office work then DS went home with his friend and DH worked, leaving me a bachelorette and I decided not to wait for 100 lbs to go shopping, but didn't find much I liked. I still haven't decided what to do to celebrate the 100 lbs when I hit it. But I suspect I'll take food to work – like a WW cake or something. Should do something to commemorate an event like that, huh? Heather Zelma Kenya – what did you guys do? Anything?

Saturday I decided I needed to make a new gown for my SCA group Toys for Tots event which is this weekend so I sewed all day. Sunday I did some office work, took a break and worked on the yard then went back to office work.

I've been asked a couple times about my nephew. For those who don't know, my husband's 22 yr old nephew blew his hands off playing with fireworks/explosives a couple of months ago. He's now home from the hospital and, according to my MIL is doing pretty good. Apparently he is in good spirits and determined to do things for himself. I expect I'll see him at the in-laws the Sat. following Thanksgiving. That's when we'll do the get-together for family. My own DH is working that day, but it's okay…less pigging out for me if I only have one turkey day. And I plan on eating WHATEVER I WANT that day! I figure if I'm good all the rest of the week it'll be just fine.

Time to run!
Closed Thread