South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Monkey Around Monday Chat

Woo Hoo! I'm the first one awake this morning!!! Must be all of this extra rain we are getting thats putting you all to sleep!

Well I went out dress shopping on Saturday.... that was quite interesting. We were running late so I forgot my camera to take pictures! I had alot of fun and tried on like 15 different dresses. I basically handed the catalog I'd brought from home to my consultant and said "I want to try on everything thats circled." It was crazy trying to get in and out of those things, but all in all I've narrowed it down to 6 dresses and there was still 2 or 3 that I picked but she didn't have them in stock. Good news is when I went a few months ago I was trying on 18 Women's which are $50 to $100 more expensive.... now I'm in a 16 Misses! We are supposed to go back in February so I'll make sure to pack my camera then! Hopefully I'll be in a 10 by then!

I gained back the 2 pounds I lost this weekend I was bad and ate cookie dough and cookies last night right after eatting spaghetti. Thank god that was whole grain. I'm not prepared to change my tickers yet.... hopefully I can work those off this week. I only have 7.5 more pounds to go to reach my Thanksgiving goal but I'm pretty sure I won't lose that in the next 11 days because I'll be at school the next 2 weeks. I just hope I don't get a case of the freshman 15s again! I would gain back everything I've lost. that doesn't happen. I'll definately reach my biggest loser goal by the 9th. I can manage 6 pounds in 3 weeks hopefully.

I'm very interested to see how Daniel is going to handle me going back to school. He's very dependent on me for meals and around the house stuff.... I'm sure he'll just leave it a mess like most males do!

Anyhow I'm jumping over to the biggest loser forum to finish up my chart for week 8. I'll be back later when more people are posting!

Last edited by chellez; 11-13-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:22 AM   #2  

Wow, We all must be sleepyheads this morning! Thanks for starting us up Chellez! I overslept this morning and now I have to run out the door! I'll pop in later chicks!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I slept in too! The Doggage didn't bark until after seven and wanted out immediately, of course!

Today is municipal election day in the Township. I am working at the poll as a scruntineer tonight. I intend to go to my painting class this afternoon but have a bunch of stuff to get done this morning. I should have gone for bloodwork but got up too late. Not a good way to start the week! I'll have to do that tomorrow which is also the morning I pull the campaign signs.

Things are still wet and gloomy here with no sun in sight for the rest of the week. I guess all my bulbs won't get planted. I wonder if they would survive in cold storage until next September!

Have a perky Monday, Chickies!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/196/170

Height: 6'

Good morning ladies!

Well, it's colder this week than it was last week but I'm ok with that, I like wearing my long-sleeved shirts. I only lost one pound this week but one is better than none and I cheated a little so it's ok.

I have a problem. I'll be having Thanksgiving dinner with my family and I'm the only one doing SB. Everyone else is very bad-carb happy. So I suggested that while my dad is making dinner, he can make little single-serving portions of SBD friendly foods just for me. Problem is I don't know what he would make. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I should make another thread for this so everyone who needs ideas for Thanksgiving can look. I think I'll do that.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I didn't sleep in, I just had a lot on my "to do" list that I wanted to get done first today. Now that I'm done all that, I can sit and enjoy my coffee and a chat.

kaity, with a little planning, Thanksgiving dinner should be relatively easy to stay on-plan. You can have turkey, just make sure it's white-meat only. Mash some sweet potatoes with a little Smart Balance and top with a dab of LF sour cream, yummy! How about broccoli or cauliflower with LF cheese sauce, and green beans with almonds? If you eat cranberry sauce, it's just as good made with Splenda instead of sugar. Bread? Make it whole wheat and use olive oil or Smart Balance instead of butter. For dessert, how about SF FF vanilla pudding with a little pumpkin pie spice mixed into it, topped with FF Cool Whip? You can even enjoy a glass of red wine with your meal. I hope these suggestions help give you some ideas.

Ruth, we're trying to dry out today from all the weekend rain, but it's pretty soggy out there. I hope your election goes well. I'm very happy with the way ours turned out, most of my favorite candidates won!

Schatzi, so where are you off to first thing this morning? Have a great day!

chellez, that must have been a lot of fun trying on all those dresses! Isn't it exciting to get into a smaller size, it makes you all the more determined to lose more! I was a stay-at-home wife and mom for years and Jake got really dependent on me, too, but now that I'm working he's had to learn to do things for himself. It was hard, and he doesn't like it one bit, but hey, he needs to pitch in, too. The kids say I still do too much for him, though.

Well, I've babbled on long enough. I want to try to get some online Christmas shopping done before it's time to go pick up my girls. Make it a good Monday, everyone!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies - Been MIA for several days, had training/workshops last week for my job, this weekend was busy, threw a huge party Saturday night to celebrate all the Scorpio Bdays and it was a HUGE success! Had so much fun and everyone else did too! Had to work a lot yesterday and was SO tired last night... even though my eating wasn't where it needed to be I still got quite a bit of exercise in this weekend.

Cottage - Christmas shopping online? That's a GREAT idea..

Kaity - Just follow the rule of filling half your plate up with veggies, then there's turkey of course - Maybe youd you could a SB friendly green bean casserole?

Ruth - Here's me sending a little Sunny Texas Shine your way! Hang in there...

Chellez - You are doing AWESOME! Congrats on that dress size, incredible!

Schatzi - Hope you have a fantabulous day!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #7  

I'm tired today. I'm going to grab another cup of caffeinated tea.

Friday night we got all our popcorn. 52 + cases is ALOT. Then I had to work an hour but was done by 11:30PM so it wasn't too bad.

The weekend was busy with lots of popcorn delivery. We've delivered 110 items but still have 151 more to go. At least we've collected all the money so I can turn the last of it in tonight at the Pack committee meeting. Yeah! It is easy to deliver when they don't owe money!

I got paged last night at 9 for an outage at work and didn't get done until midnight. Then the pager went off three more times between 5 and 6. I've been busy all day cleaning up paperwork from them.

I've still got to go grocery shopping but I have my list made so I'll do that on the way home from work. Then time to cook and eat a quick dinner and it's off to the committee meeting.

Oh, for Thanksgiving, I like to make roasted vegetables since those are always popular. I sometimes make a strawberry pie (with SF jello). I might try the angelfood cake listed in the Low carb Holiday desserts. I've thought about trying it but never have.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Barb - Hang in there!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:35 PM   #9  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I am coordinating a new Biggest Loser Challenge starting after the holidays for all of us that need to get in gear after so much food! It's open to the entire 3FC forum, but I hope to see more of the SBD chicks participate this time!

If you want to sign up, there is a link in my signature that you can click that takes you to the sign up thread.

It will probably run from the first week in January until the 4th week in March for 12 weeks total. Only absolute requirement is that you weigh in weekly.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM.
Closed Thread