South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  
paganfroglady

Default Introduction

Just wanted to say hi! I'm Melissa, and I've been reading the forums for a week or so now, finally decided to join. Today my husband and I start the SBD. I'm pretty excited, it seems like an easier plan to follow than Atkins. We did Atkins for awhile and it worked pretty well, but I can't stand to eat that much meat (I'm a semi-veg). Plus, it's expensive! And I hate being limited on my veggies. I haven't bought the book yet, going to do that tomorrow. But I pulled some great recipes from here and I have the food lists so I figure that's good to get us started. We work long hours and commute about an hour to and from work, I think that is the reason we are having such a hard time eating healthier. But I'm tired of being fat, and have about 200lbs to lose and my husband Jason has had the blahs for so long that we have to do SOMETHING.

So, hi, I'm glad to be here!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Melissa

You will LOVE South Beach if you even liked Atkins , it is so much easier and it makes alot more sence to be able to eat fruits and whole wheat pastas, Join in on the daily threads and post a bio, we would all love to get to know you better...Have a great day
Old 11-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Melissa!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #4  
paganfroglady

Talking Bio?

Hmm...so you want a bio? I'm happily married, no kids but trying (which is why I need to lose the weight.) We live with my in laws in the country (hence the 2 hour a day commute). I am such a foodie, I love to cook and try new recipes, though I'm not real great at coming up with them on my own. I work as an accounting clerk during the week, on the weekends I work from home doing customer service, and I have a busines called KumaFrog where we sell pagan and celtic themed tie dye and embroidery. I love to do yoga but I'm just getting back into it and have lost a lot of my flexibility. I'm also trying to learn belly dancing. I guess that's really all about me!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #5  

We are glad you are here! Jump right on into the daily posts!!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:06 AM   #6  

Melissa!! Check out the stickies in the FAQ section to help you get started on your healthy way of eating! And of course we're here to help with any questions too!

There's also a site on the forum called Paganchicks that you might want to visit too... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185

Last edited by Schatzi; 11-12-2006 at 08:50 AM. Reason: add link to the paganchicks for froglady!
Old 11-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #7  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I hope that SB works for you and your DH. I think it is a good plan and I find it easier than Atkins because SB allows you to have so many veggies and encourages healthy carbs. I had a hard time with limiting all carbs. I was a near veggie- then converted to a veggie- then back to near veggie again. I need my whole grains!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #8  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Welcome!!! If you love to cook, pick up the SBD cookbooks. I love the Quick and Easy one and, swear to goodness, I have not had a bad meal out of that book yet!!
Closed Thread