South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Chick Chat

Drip Drip Drip All's quiet as the sun sneaks up and I sip me morning cawfee Nectar of the gods I say!

Christian: How wonderful to be a mentor..I bet you are making some wonderful memories for her and sharing words of wisdom that she will use in her life.

Jana: nuthin like a new doooo to make you feel new! I get a perm about twice a year.. I perm it and after I dry my hair I straighten it! It's the only way I can get any body in my limp fine hair...

Chellez: FREE WAWA CAWFEE??!!!! Lucky Girl!!!! I sure hope that the bank comes through for you--What a thoughtful boss to front you the money though.. Not too many people would do that...

Cottage: Ah The Power of Beans I'm a big bean eater--thankfully they don't *ahem* effect me.. I love the internet and get most of my holiday shopping done on line too.

Barb: Our boyscouts just dropped off my order.. I admit to being a nut! I use ICBINB, and this seasoning I found online (our movie theater uses it) called Kernal Seasoning. I love the Nacho Cheddar ..

Kiko: Matting and Framing the needlepoints are sooooo $$$ - I'm trying to finish them myself.. but seriously matting and framing is an art on to itself! I just finished an eyeglass case that has a Victorian rose pattern on it for my MIL. I'm not a very good cross stitcher, I have one big cross stitch project in the works, but stick to needlepoint,embroidery and crewel mostly. I Like the variety of the stitches -and in needlepoint there's only 2 basic stitches so the eyeglass case took me about a week stitching at night while watching TV. I hope to load on my Canon software (I forgot to when I rebuilt the laptop) so I can show you chicks the stuff I'm making..

I'm way ahead of schedule on my class work--I love online learning where you can go at your own pace.. I finished the first month of tests and got all 100's GO ME This gives me more time to concentrate on the areas I'm weak in ... and more time to finish the classes major project.

so What's everyone up to this weekend?
Old 11-11-2006, 07:26 AM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Mornin Schatzi

Kiko- Yes I have 2 girls, one is 10 and the other is 12 (almost 13) and the little girl I mento is 11...kinda stairstepping huh?? It is very heartbreaking how many kids there are out there that need help and it is just not available to the most of them...we live in a very small town and there isnt alot of money to keep the program running as it should, BUT it is still running and for that we are very thankful, now if we could just get people to do it
People just dont realize that just an hour a week really can change the course of someones life

Well today I have to go get a haircut and an oilchange but I am gonna be in and out alot, hope everyone has the best weekend ever on the Beach
Old 11-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning All! Sitting here in Austin, waiting for Dad to wake up and make the coffee! (That is one thing that I'm not "allowed" to make. Apparently it turns out horribly! )

Yesterday was a wonderful day for me. The drive was nice and uneventful. I made it in about 7 hours, including a stop to refuel. My biggest problem was that I probably drank a little too much diet soda on the way. I was a bit jittery by the time I pulled up to the parents' house. I went shopping yesterday and got a BEAUTIFUL lightweight jacket, a new shirt, and some socks. Will be attempting to complete the wardrobe today. I LOVE Super Target, and HEB (Sarah, I know you know what I'm talking about) and Wal-Mart. The closest ones to us are 1 - 3 hours away. Yikes!

I took my rest day yesterday due to the driving, so I jogged around the neighborhood when I woke up today. Food-wise I've been good. Chicken wraps on ww tortillas for dinner last night and a salad for lunch yesterday.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL, SPECTACULAR, FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!

~Kim
Old 11-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #4  

Chrisitian-- is the mentoring a program like Big Sisters?

Kim I neglected to say this morn...I thought you wouldn't be checkin in till Monday! Hey.... I thought you were Xmas shopping LOL! DH hates my cawfee.. I like it heapin strong DH likes a little cawfee with his milk! I swear a third of it is milk It never ceases to boggle my mind how BIG TEXAS is! 7 hours???? That's a little less than it takes for me to get home in Jersey!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL SHOPPING SPREE!!!1
Old 11-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #5  

M-m-m-mornin' everyone! Just heated up my java in the microwave, so I'm sipping away. Feels like the caffeine is kicking in already.

Schatz - I'm all curly again, but don't you just "love" trying to get the new perm smell out of your pillows?

Christian - Glad to hear that the mom of the girl you are mentoring is doing a little better. That's a cool thing you're doing!

Kim - Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy!

As for me, I made lasagna last night for my friend and myself - WW pasta for me, the traditional stuff for him - and threw it in the freezer. A treat to look forward to later. I've been horrible about staying OP, so I'm looking to settle back into P2 behavior for a while. (It's always been really hard for me to stay on P1 for the full 2 weeks.)

Got a surprise phone call from one of my sisters yesterday afternoon. Turns out that she's in town this weekend. She and the women in her husband's family decided to make a trip into town to do some Christmas shopping. She invited me to go with them, so it's time to balance the checkbook, heat up the credit card and watch the money fly!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #6  

Morning chicks!

Jana Have fun shopping!

Kim Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound. I love to road trip too!

Schatzi Morning! Sipping on my cup of joe as well trying to clear the 'ole brain.

Christian Are you going for a new look or just getting your hair trimmed?

Well, today should be interesting. My dad and stepmom are in town. I got an email last Sunday saying they were leaving town on Monday and would be here sometime on Friday and would call when they got close. No word from them all week, they called late yesterday and are coming over sometime this morning. No definite time, just sometime this morning. Good thing that we are around this weekend, since they just said they were coming. Very strange- we have little to no relationship, so our visits are always very awkward. I haven't seen my dad in about a year and a half, and it has probably been 4 years since I have seen my stepmom. Wish me luck!
Old 11-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #7  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning chickadoodles!

Well its morning and I've been up since 8 with out eating.... my tummy is crying out for food but we have no groceries! We need to go to the store in a bad way. I just got back from my meeting at school and I officially start back on Tuesday. My boss had to lend me the money but I haven't been default on another loan I have with him so he had no problems with it.

I have to get myself mentally prepared today. My maid of honor isn't going with us to try on dresses so I'm going to be trying on bridal gowns in her place since they reserved 3 rooms for us. Just have to keep telling myself I'll only look big for the next few months then I'll be slimmer. I'll try to take pictures so you guys can see. The last time I went I was still 205 so I'm hoping I look alot slimmer this time. Plus I'm going to force them to bring out the undergarments or "sucker inners" as I like to call them.

I hopped on the scale this morning and after a week of no loss I was down to 191.5. Not sure why I dropped all of a sudden. Maybe lack of lunch yesterday? Either way I hope I keep losing. Daniel said that when I get into the 170s I can control his diet. Wooo hoooo I'll have him down 6 sizes in no time! That was his "promise/bet" to me. I made him promise to me that when I get to 145 or lower he would buy me my next tattoo for losing so much weight. Hopefully I won't have to have surgery to take any skin off.

Anyway I have to get to the store and get some food and razors for the other half. I'll post some pictures of my bridesmaids later. One of them is on SBD and has lost over 50 pounds.... its like wow.

Talk to you guys later
Old 11-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

Oh I just hit the worng key and lost a post...I will be back to reply to everyone...dont ya just hate when that happens!!
Old 11-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone,
We've been busy all morning shopping and comparing dishwashers, what a mind-boggling experience! It would probably be a lot easier just to go in one store and pick one out, but no, I have to drag Jake all over town making comparisons and trying to get the best price! At least he's a good sport about it. I'm pretty sure I've settled on a Maytag model from Lowe's, so we're going to drive to a Lowe's in DE tomorrow so we don't have to pay sales tax on it, plus we can save another 10% with Jake's military ID card. My dishwasher broke down when "Ernesto" hit us, and it's taken me til now to decide whether to repair it or replace it. I just hope now that we can get it in the car! Jake did some measuring and insists it will fit if I take out all my "junk" and the carseats.

Schatzi, I love my coffee nice and strong, too. Yes, DO post some pictures of your craft projects, I'm eager to see what you're working on!

Christian, have a fun day!

Kim, glad you made it to Austin safely. Enjoy your weekend!

Kiko, I hope your visit with your Dad and stepmom goes well, you never know, people change after a time.

Jana, I remember how Jake always used to complain how the bed pillows smelled after I got a perm. I actually didn't mind the smell! Now my hair's too short to perm anymore. Sounds like you're going to have a nice afternoon with your sister shopping!

Chellez, that should be fun, trying on the dresses for your wedding! I can't wait to see the pictures! WTG on that big weight loss,
Old 11-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #10  

Evening gals!

Whew! I am worn out, but today's visit went fine. They got here at about 9:30 and we hung out for a bit- walked to the playground then went for lunch. After that we had a birthday party, they came along and we came home for dinner. All in all a good visit- it is so hard because there are so many unresolved issues and then when we get together we act like all is fine. All I can do is learn from it and build the best relationship I can with my own girlies.

Chellez How did dress shopping go??

Cottage How smart to make the extra trip to save sales tax- that make a huge difference when you are spending that much money!

Christian How is your new do? Is that you in your new avatar??

Okay, it is early, but I am putting the kids to bed early and crawling into my own bed with a book.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:02 AM   #11  

crik crik creak Hear that??? Them's me old bones! groan Yesterday was so beautiful that I spent the entire day outside preparing the yard for winter...Pruned trees and shrubs, cut down the bulb flowers trimmed the hedges... then DH and I tackled raking all the leaves in the backyard.. Seems like the whole neighborhood was out in full force..this one borrowing a wheel barrow, that one helping this one, the steady vroom of lawn mowers, hedge clippers and chain saws! DH helped some neighbors with reattaching their mailbox, and chain sawing a tree down..I was soooo exxxxhausted that it was just nuked up leftovers for dinner, popped some advil and hopped into bed to schlub in front of the tube. So today looks like a good day to get the indoor cleaning done...But first some cawfee, and a crossword puzzle to clear my brain!!!

What are your plans today?
Old 11-12-2006, 06:25 AM   #12  
Losing on the Beach

Kiko- Yep that is me I was told by my DD I needed to switch it up for awhile...that was my graduation for my weightloss, I am in TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) and I reached my goal according to them last October and graduated with about 150 others here in Missouri in April...my hubby bought me a formal gown for it, I didnt even wear a gown at our wedding so I knew he was proud I am still not at my personal goal though but am inching closer daily.....I know exactally how you feel when it comes to having to pretend nothing is wrong when it comes to family, Your an example to us all in putting your heart out there and making the best out of an uncomfortable situation

Schatzi- My plans are to just go to church and come home and veg out for the day...I have so much housework still to do this comng week that I had better rest while I can Catch you guys later tonight!!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from a rather hectic five day "vacation". Unfortunately it was not an On The Beach vacation. I am avoiding the scale until tomorrow!

I've been to Church, visited Harry, am about to tidy up and unpack my suitcase and shopping and then head off to the AGM for the Fair Board. They have a pot luck lunch going on right now but I am avoiding it.

There's lots to catch up on so I'd better cruise the site. It sounds like everyone is having a great weekend. Mine will improve tremendously late this afternoon when I light the woodstove and snuggle with the Doggage for a bit.
Closed Thread