View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #74
Phoenix Song
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Okay... this seems like fun. Let's see if I can tell you a few things about myself! I've included an extra question towards the bottom. I'm a big TV (TiVo) fan and I couldn't NOT list my favorite TV shows as well!

First name (if you want to tell): Barb, Barbara or Barbie. I go by all of three.
Meaning of user name: It's from the Harry Potter books. Phoenix song is the most beautiful musical sound that strikes fear into the heart of the evil and fills the heart of the good with courage and strength. It's the sound that has protected Harry in books 2 and 4, and is the sound that he most associates with Albus Dumbledore. I feel that Phoenix song will be very important in letting Harry live at the end of book 7. It is also my name on my website.
Geographical location: Southeastern Louisiana
Marital Status: Married for 13 years this December
Children/Ages: 3 children: Son almost 10, and 2 daughters aged 7 and almost 6.
Occupation: Mother, Wife, Homeschool Teacher and Website manager.
Pets: 3 cats (Minnie, Emma and Snitch) and a chocolate Lab named Snickers. (How appropriate!)
Hobbies/Interests: Researching literature especially Harry Potter for symbolisms and clues, reading, cake decorating, sewing, movies, and spending time with my family.
Height: 5'7"
Eye/Hair Color: hazel/blonde
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm sure that it began shortly after I began walking and could reach my own food!
Highest Weight/Present/Goal Weight: I may feel more comfortable talking about it later... but I have to lose about 110 lbs.
Problem: Binge eating on starches and sweets, not enough time to exercise on a regular basis.
Plan/Way of Eating: restricting processed foods especially sugars, adding more protein to my diet, not eating in the evenings, more water, and exercise.
Favorite Exercise: Treadmill, yoga, small weights, stretching.
Favorite movies: Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars (Big Sci-Fi fan), Only You, While You Were Sleeping, Hope Floats, and many more. I love movies!
Favorite books/plays: The Harry Potter books (of course!), Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, anything by Catherine Coulter, and the Thomas Covenant series of books.
Favorite Quote(s): "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." {J.K. Rowling through the character of Albus Dumbledore}
Favorite People (dead and living): My husband and children, my parents, my family, the wonderful friends that I've met on my site, and many more.
People I canít stand: I think that male chauvenists and racists are the worst types of people and they get on my nerves in no time flat.
Places youíve been: I've never been out of the South except for a trip once to Mexico when I was little.
Places you want to visit: London, Scotland, Venice, Ireland, Rome, Hawaii.
Favorite TV shows (Current or past): Ghost Whisperer, Medium, Coupling (BBC), Hex (BBC), Friends, ER (the first few seasons), Boston Legal, Big Brother, Little House on the Prairie, Fawlty Towers (BBC), Touched by an Angel, My Hero (BBC), and many others!
Pivotís questions (donít think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? Gallant
02. What is your least favorite word? automobile. (Don't ask me why, it's just a quirk that I picked up when somebody I knew over-pronounced every syllable in an aggravating manner and said the word so often that I began to detest hearing it at all... I know, I'm weird! )
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Hope
04. What turns you off? Arrogance
05. What is your favorite curse word? I've been trying to limit my cursing, but lately I'm saying "crap" a lot. Not a nice word, but not technically a curse. It is what it is, though.
06. What sound or noise do you love? My cat purring contentedly makes me feel very peaceful.
07. What sound or noise do you hate? Grinding teeth.
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Nursing
09. What profession would you not like to do? Bill collecting
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "We've been waiting for you my dear daughter."