Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:21 PM   #1  
a brave new me...

Default Weight Loss Plans

So what kind of weight loss plans or strategies are people using? I just joined weight watchers and although I really hate following a system I have found it to be really successful so far. Well hahahaaa ok its only been two weeks but I feel like I could live with it. Normally I rebel against any rules or systems but with the WW flex plan there is not a whole lot to rebel against since I can eat whatever I want with the obvious total intake restriction. The great thing is that it I have really been making healthier choices and trying to creatively "rebel" by finding super low point yummy foods.

What are others here doing?
Old 10-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm working through my own plan that kinda takes bits and pieces of other plans and squishes them together. My guidelines are:
  • at least 100g protein per day
  • 3+ liters water per day
  • 30 minutes of exercise at least 4 days per week
  • average of 1800 calories or less each day (I say "average" because if I only have 1500 one day and then 2000 the next, then I'm still okay )
  • eat at least 5 times a day (about every 3 hours)
Old 10-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #3  
a brave new me...

Yeah I like to take bits and pieces from different plans. I like your protein requirements and think I might add something like that into my eating regime. I lost about 10% of my body weight doing it on my own a few years back and managed to keep it off. I then lost another 10% but this weight I have lost and regained a couple times. I haven't been with weight watchers in years but I am back because I need to be accountable and the tracking and counting is so important for me. I like their online tools where I can track everything online. Since back with WW I have lost 6.4 pounds in two weeks... good start and my mind is definitely in the right place! Just feels different this time.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm going with a wholefoods and mainly vegetarian diet these days.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #5  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I am doing the "don't eat everything in sight and try to eat fruits and veggies too" diet.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:59 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I think a lot of us have tried that one Squeaker!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

I'm food journal person. I've created my own spreadsheet and track calories, fat, carbs, fiber, and protein. I also have the WW points on there (though I don't follow their diet specifically) and also the % for the Zone. For me, it is about knowledge is power. If I pay attention to what I'm doing and track everything, I will make good decisions. I've never consistantly gained if I'm tracking, but for some reason I usually stop tracking after 2-4 months. I'm hoping chatting on the forum will help me stick with it.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #8  
a brave new me...

Yeah these forums really help me. I have now just started my sixth week of weight watchers flex plan along with exercise and I am down 10.4 since starting. Very happy with the results and I love their online tracking tools, flex points, etc. In the past I hated tracking food on those little forms but now that they have the online etools I LOVE IT. Everything is right there on my computer and I have been tracking my food intake, exercise, weight, etc. So far it has really been successful and doable for me.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Finances are nil right now, so I can't join back WW nor can I afford to waste what food is in the house. So my "diet" is no snacking btwn meals. I eat way too much that way. Anything I do eat has to be in a meal. Avoid things I know will do dmg such as mass sugar, mayo, gravies, creams, fried, fatty stuff. Try and have veggies at 2 meals and fruit at 2 meals. And eat until not hungry. Not stuffed, not satisfied, just until my body has had enough.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am a calorie counter-but I have nutritional goals that I try to meet each day:

~limit caffeine to 2 drinks each day
~eat a minimum of 4 fruits/veggies each day-but I strive for 5+
~eat lean protein, such as chicken, fish, extra lean beef, and soy
~take a multivitamin
~buy organic when possible
~only eat dark chocolate when I do indulge-more antioxidants
~only drink wine when I do indulge in a drink-more antioxidants and health benefits
~takea calcium supplement if I do not meet the RDA that day
~exercise!!!
Closed Thread