Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #1054

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Just wanted to say: Yaaaaaay Misti! Finaly Im sure its gonna start moving down again, now that you've pushed it a little lol
Old 11-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #3  

good morning everyone! i have the morning off work today and actually slept in--well, to 7, which is sleeping in for me. i love sleeping in! well, my weekday challenge is going........ok, i guess. i did it mon and tues, but i was so sore from the weights this week and all that WATP, that i didn't do anything except my water aerobics class yesterday. this morning, i decided to sleep in, and i'll go to water aerobics at 9, then come home and decide if i want to to something else. maybe i'll take the dog for a walk instead of staying inside--it's looking like a great day out there. anyway, i'll be back on tomorrow with weights for 5 days, so i guess 3 of 5 days for the weekday challenge is ok. had to listen to my protesting body!

misti-- way to go on the -2 pounds! that's great! i'll bet you are so excited! all that sweating putting your gazelle together must have done it! about the 1000 pound guy and his boobs! how was the show? did he lose 800 pounds?

raven--i don't know if i've welcomed you yet or not--i get confused so easily on here! well, if i haven't, welcome! thanks for the support on my surprise extra pound lost! it really motivated me to keep my hands away from that candy bowl at work!

erika--first, i have to tell you, i have a really close friend named erica, so if i ever spell your name with a c, i apologize now. my fingers go faster then my brain sometimes and just type what they want! anyway, i'm glad to hear things are going so well for you and amanda! i love it when things are looking up!!

melissa--31 minutes of strength training is awesome! way to go!!

katt--your interview sounded great and they obviously liked what they heard! can't wait to hear what happens in the second interview and hopefully, you'll have a nice sunny and bright day! keep us posted! and, i'm glad ash is having such a great experience with friends at school and is invited to a party! one of the boys i nanny is on the autism spectrum and didn't have many friends at school. he'd try, and the kids were polite, but no one was really his friend. now he goes to a school for kids with autism and he's like a different kid. when i drop him off in the morning, he barely says good-bye, he can't get out of the car fast enough. and when he goes in, there are about 3 boys waiting for him and they all yell hello and give high fives and are genuinely glad to see him. it's great when they have friends to hang out with!

well, it's been an hour since i took some medicine and i can finally go eat breakfast, so i'm off! see everybody later and have a great day! lori
Old 11-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #4  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

My last post took so long to type that the thread closed before I posted it! So I am reposting....

Also wanted to add to Misti for finally getting to see that pesky FFM. I hoping it stays away this time for ya!

Good morning ladies!
Hope everyone is doing/feeling well.
DD is getting better. Another day or two & she should be back to normal.
Yesterday was kinda bad for me. We went out to a pizza buffet. I felt sick the rest of the evening. I ate less then I use to but still too much. I don't feel guilty about it because now I won't want/crave pizza for a long time. I also only got in about 15 mins of exercise because I just didn't have enough time in the day. Good news is that I really pushed myself on my little walk & did it in 15 mins when it use to take me 20. I am really able to work harder now then I was before. That makes me feel good.

Erika Leigh: congrats on your new apartment. Sounds like a good deal. Me & DH started out in an apt like your first. The only door was to the bathroom, it was sooo tiny. It was nice to get outta there.
Also congrats to your girlfirend on her new job. Looks like everything is lining up nicely for you both!

Sandy: I am worried about saggy skin too. I have had a hanging stomach (yuk, that sounds so gross) since I can remember. Seriously, I think it started around age 11/12! I know that it will not shrink back up to a flat stomach no matter how much I lose. But it will get better, in fact over the past month it has shrank 1/2" (yes I measure this). But I just figure that it gets covered with clothes & once all the fat is gone and its just skin, no one will ever know its there under my clothes. Only DH will see it & he sees it now & doesn't care. I just keep exercising so as to help as much as I can.
Congrats on staying away from that chocolate & on your pants fitting better!

Rayne: I had pizza too. Sorta wish I didn't but too late now. Gotta move forward.

Lillion: Hadn't had a chance to congradulate you on your loss. 95 lbs, wow. Can I be like you when I grow up???

Misti: Congrats on being the "amazing shrinking woman", lol. You must really be changing your body dynamic.
That program sounded really interesting. I saw one not long ago called the half ton man or something. It was really sad & the guy ending up dying in the end. He couldn't get out of his bed & had been laying in his bed for over a year. I just don't know how someone lets things get that bad.

Kymberly: Thats awesome that you have lost so much. People like you are a great inspiration. That is awesome about your clothes from the Gap. My 13th brithday I got an outfit from the Gap. Size 36 (men) pants & an XL V-neck sweater. Those were the biggest size they carried. The pants were tight and didn't fit at all a few months later. Ha ven't been to the Gap since. I hope to revisit it someday.

Melissa: You are doing great with exercise! Seem to really be back on track!
I too can't envision myself smaller. I have no clue what my body will look like & it is had to have a goal when you can't even imagine it. If we only had a crystal ball.

Katt: Congrats on your interview going so well. Sounds like the job is yours!

Michelle: Congrats on finding some good effective crunches. The weight lifting dvd I do has abs exercises on it too. I definatley feel the burn! Its the push ups I can't do. I can't do even one quality push up. I'm working on it though.

Xena: Sorry some extra pounds found their way to you. But acknowledging them is half the battle. You will be back down in now time.

Quiggs: Have fun at the christening & try to stay away from the baked goods!

Kayley: Holey Moley, Andrew rode his exercise bike for 8 hours! Thats nuts! Think of how far he could have gotten had he been on a real bike! DH use to play video games for long periods like that, but never on a bike, lol. I remember one night he was playing a game for like 2 hours before I went to sleep, when I woke up in the morning he was still playing! Boys & their toys. Thankfully he kinda outgrew it. He still plays every once in awhile but not nearly as much or as long.

Terry: Isn't it great here? I am so happy that you feel some motivated here. We really do need support to be successful at weightloss because its just so hard at times. This place is definately the support that I need!

Lavendel: Way to go on your loss! Thats alot!

Annie: Sorry you are having so a rough time. Hang in there. My thoughts & prayers are with ya.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Everybody moves so fast!

Biggest Loser was awesome last night. I cried at the end, lol. They really are all shrinking. I never thought that someone's frame got smaller when you lost weight. Like if you are wide shouldered fat the you will be wide shouldered thin. But all of them are more narrow then before. I know you can't change your bones but the missing fat & increased muscle makes them look more narrow. That gives me such hope. I have a "football player" build and it has always bothered me. I never could imagine what that would look like once I got thin. It gives me hope that I will shrink down too. Oh, I think they should have voted the girl off instead of Bobby because she sabotaged their weigh in.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #5  

Howdy Chickies!

Thanks for all the congrats on the 95. I'm almost afraid to say that given the way the scale has bounced up and down over the past weeks. 240, 239, 236, 238, 240, 238, 236, 233! NUTS!

As for what I'll do to celebrate hitting that 100 – SHOPPNG! I need clothes! That's what I'm doing to celebrate! Ok…I was going to do that anyway…but I think I'll go to a bigger town with more shops and really do it right. Other than that I don't know what I could do to celebrate. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry for not many replies…I missed so many posts!

Misti: The plateau has broken!

Annie: You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Katt: Good luck on that next interview! Knock 'em dead!

Andi: Must have been the night for pizza last night! I've seen so many posts where that's what people ate. Yep…I was miserable after pizza last night too! But mostly after the pasta, which was WAY more fattening than the pizza. Live and learn. Next time I'll try harder to look stuff up BEFORE I go out to eat. And no, you can't be like me when you grow up…You'll be THIN before you hit my age!

I'm REALLY out of time now and have to run...so a big to the losers in our bunch...a bigger to those struggling...and a to everybody!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

OK – I am just going to start with the last thread and work from there since I have missed so much.

Jill – I am so sorry to hear about your accident! That sucks. The insurance woes sound even worse. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Valerie – Your job sounds really rough, but way to go for sticking with it. I have only ever had one really physical job and it didn’t last very long. It was a problem of hours, but I remember I was determined to work through the pain and it got easier. Of course it was nothing like what you are doing.

Erika – A two bedroom apartment for $500? I definitely live in the wrong place! Sounds like this new place will be much better for you and Amanda, and congrats to her on the new job at Wal-Mart.

Sandy – I really like those nutterbutter snack pack cookies with one of the chocolate sugar free Jello pudding cups. Feels totally indulgent. Can you believe the Christmas stuff is out already? They seem to start earlier and earlier. Good for you not getting anything. Each time you do that it makes it that much easier the next time.

Kayley – That is cool that your Andrew does the JMS yoga with you. My Andrew only wants to watch, but I won’t let him. It makes me uncomfortable to have someone watching me workout if they are doing anything themselves. No dessert at Thanksgiving – you go girl!

Rayne – That is one of my biggest troubles too – getting myself in a situation where I am too hungry and then reaching for the first thing. That is why I come to work everyday carrying a bunch of food. I have my lunch, my afternoon snack and my after work out snack all with me so that I have something to eat. I also keep some Kashi Go-Lean cereal and oatmeal so that I have something filling to eat if I am really hungry and I am not tempted to go down to the cafeteria or let myself head home hungry. Don’t feel guilty – just start to figure out ways to plan your life so that it is less likely to happen.

Lilion/Rayne – It must have been pizza night, because I had it too.

Raven – You work at a hotel? I did front desk and night audit for about a year. I have to say I both liked and hated it. In some ways it was fun, but I am not cut out for pure customer service. The bowing and scraping really got to me. If someone is incredibly rude to you then you shouldn’t have to just stand there and take it. Also, I have never been propositioned more times in my life then when I worked there.

Misti – I may have asked this before, but do you take your measurements? Even though the scale isn’t moving too much that doesn’t mean there aren’t changes happening, especially if people are noticing! Congrats on your visit by the FFM!

Kymberly – I have heard about those flavored Splenda packets but I haven’t tried them yet. I will definitely keep my eye out for them.

Melissa – If it feels impossible to imagine yourself at your goal weight, then try for somewhere in the middle for now. It is a long road and there is plenty of time to get used to the idea. You don’t have to be able to imagine it now. Way to go with all the exercise.

Katt – That is fantastic news on how well your job interview went!! I hope your follow up goes well today. That is also great about Ash. It is so true – people like to be around positive people.

Michelle – Don’t you feel good after a good workout? I like to do my crunches with my legs up on something, usually a ball. For some reason it feels a lot better to me.

Seattlegrrl – Congratulations on quitting smoking! I quit about 5 years ago and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It was actually one of my periods of weight gain, but hopefully you can avoid that with what you are doing. Nicotine does have a small effect on your metabolism, so if things start off a bit slowly for you, don’t despair. It just might take a bit more time for the after effects of the cigarettes to completely leave your system.

Xena – I just don’t get people like your boss. Often they think they are funny when everyone else knows they are just a jerk! I wonder what kind of inadequacies he is covering up for with behavior like that. Sorry to hear that you were up over your starting weight, but as you said it is onward and downward from here.

Quiggs – How can people live with dial-up – I just don’t get it. I would rather not have cable tv then high speed internet. Hope you have a great time this weekend.

Terry – I am so glad that 3FC is helping so much. I know that I would feel lost without it. It may not make things easy, but it does make them easier then they would be doing this alone.

Lavandel – Congrats on being down 4 pounds! You will hit 20 before you know it.

Ammi – Thanks for the updates on Annie. As hard as it will be to go through the PT, I am really glad they found that out before starting the surgery. I definitely think you should be getting a commission for the Gazelle referrals!

Andie – Yesterday certainly was pizza day! I am glad to hear DD is starting to feel better. That is fantastic that you are seeing strides in your fitness level. That is what it is all about – being able to do more.

Wezi – It is definitely important to listen to your body when it protests. You don’t want to burn yourself out or hurt yourself. Sounds like you are doing great with your challenge nonetheless.

I am actually up a pound over my ticker right now, but I know that I am retaining water – I am very puffy. Last night I had two pieces of veggie pizza and a bowl of soup, which was ok calorie wise but I don’t even want to think about how much sodium it had. So, I am not going to get all worked up about it, although I am starting to get frustrated with my progress again. But, at the same time it is my own fault because my eating hasn’t been the best, so I just need to take my knocks and keep going.

The bathing suits I ordered on Monday arrived yesterday, so I will be able to try them on tonight and worst come to worst I can send those back and order more for next week if these don’t fit. I got 2 from Junonia and 2 from JMS. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I have been going through a lot of emotional turmoil, but I haven’t felt comfortable posting it in a public place so I haven’t been saying anything here. If anyone else is on LiveJournal, let me know, but I will need to friend you because the posts are friends only.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #7  

Hey everyone-

Seattlegrrl~Sounds like you are doing good with your calories. I try for right now to get in around 2000. Sorry you are having all of that flooding! Stay dry!

Xena~Having a boss like that would drive me insane! Hope he knocks it off! I for sure know that "type". Sorry you are up 9 pounds...but you are doing something about it! Glad you liked the WW meeting! I wish we had one here!

Quiggs~Hope you have a good time for your neice's Christening.

Terry~Sounds like you have a good holiday plan. For me the main thing will be portion! I will have to avoid the mountain high food on my plate for Thanksgiving! Congrats on staying OP for 3 days! This is a great support group. You for sure are not alone!

Melissa~You are getting some good strength training in! The weights you use are not wimpy! I use 5 lb weights. I really feel the burn!

Lavandel~Oh I hate it when little kids are so rude! I know a lot of times its not their fault. What I hate is a kid will say mommy she is fat! And the mom just stares at you. One time a mom said yes hunny! People can be so ignorant! YAY on losing more weight!

AMMI~Well the thing is the crunches are really bad for me! I have a lot of weight with my boobs and fat around my neck/shoulders that when I do crunches I am hurting my neck and my chest/back. So the legs lifts are not anywhere near that kind of strain. I actually cheat I guess because I put a pillow on my neck for support. And I go really slow. I love that I found out how easy it is! So much better than crunches! I am careful though...especially since all of the issues I have had already with my back! Hope you enjoy that beautiful weather! Wanna trade?
*And thank you so much for passing on info about Annie!

Annie~I am so sorry hun you are having to go through all of this. You hang in there! my prayers continue to be with you!

Misti~YAY!!! I know you have been waiting a while to see a loss. You must be so happy! WTG!!!

Patti~Hi! How have you been?

Lori~Glad you got to sleep in. I wish I could just take one day and sleep all day! I proably wouldn't be able to though! Sounds like you are doing really good with the exercise. I have heard a few people talk about water aerobics...that sounds like fun! I wish we had it up here!

Andie~Glad your DD is feeling better! Pizza now makes me feel so sick! I still have a slice or two from time to time...but I get so much sicker now! Thats great you are able to work at it harder than before. You are making good progress! That DVD sounds good! I don't even think I could do one push up!
I was watching the biggest loser ....but then Lost comes on at the same time. And I have been following Lost. I hate when the networks put all the good shows on at the same time!

Lilion~Shopping is always a great way to celebrate! Making a big day of it in a bigger town or something sounds like so much fun!

Nancy~Yes I really feel good after doing those exercises! I feel the burn all the time when I do them! Sorry you are up a pound. But I am the same way with sodium...I swear I will gain 5 pounds from eating to much sodium!
Good luck with the bathing suits! I do not have the live journal. So I am sorry whatever emotional turmoil you are going through! Hope you are ok hun!

So as for me...nothing much going on. I am already packing and everything for Anchorage. We leave Sunday!!! I am so nervous! Oh and not to mention the plane situation! Its Alaska Airlines. You know I was so terrifed when we had to move here to get on a plane. It had been years! And of course with my size I was scared. But it honestly was not as bad as I thought. DH and I make sure I have a window seat and I just squish him! But in all honesty I fit in the seat a whole lot better than I imagined! I do use a seatbelt extender...but BARELY! Hey maybe this time I won't need one. ( doubt it because I haven't lost that much weight) But regardless I do get nervous getting on a plane. I feel like everyone is looking at me! But I notice even the skinny people are stuffed in like sardines!

And some annoying news...the hotel we are staying at says their workout room is closed right now! I was so upset! Its a nice hotel and you think they would fix whatever is broken! And I am just not comfortable right now to go to a big gym. Oh well I will just do some floor exercises or something. And of course some walking at a store or around town.

Well I got to go finish getting ready for Anchorage. I hope all of you have a great day!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Misti - YAY the FFM came to you and now you can officially move that ticker to 230. I am so happy for you, I bet you feel like all your birthdays have come at once. I love what Lori said about it must have been all the sweating putting your Gazelle together that pushed the lbs off See even before you get on the thing it’s doing it’s job

Lavendel - now then I wouldn’t call you a freak but you have far more willpower than me. I just know that if I saw a gain, even knowing full well it had to just be a weight fluctuation, then I would be too tempted to use that as an excuse to eat. If I could get away with it I would only weigh monthly. But I did that once before and found out too late that I wasn’t doing well at all with the weight loss. So I stick to the weekly weigh in now.

Patti - good morning to you too, or afternoon depending on when you get to read this. WI for you tomorrow, that you have good results.

Heather - Annie had her first PT yesterday, 45 minutes of torture were her exact words! She has to go three times a week to start off with, so although I know it will do her a lot of good, I do feel for her having that ‘torture’ so often.

Raven - glad to hear you being so optimistic, and I hope that today does indeed turn out to be a great day for working out

Andie - you said to Michelle that you can’t do even one push up, well join the club I have a new work out DVD and there are some push ups on that, and something WORSE than a push up, something called a Plank/Bridge. You go in the position of doing a push up when you are up off the ground, but that’s the starting point. From there you have to lift your butt right up so you are forming a bridge shape! I find it impossible to do, but I will keep on trying because the day I can do it is the day I will know I am getting lighter and stronger

So happy to hear that your DD is on the mend

Lilion - wow just 5 little lbs left to go until you reach the 100, much better than my 16. I can’t wait to see your post saying you have made it.

Nancy - do you know anybody with Tony’s personal address I better start making a list of the Gazelle converts now Seriously it’s wonderful to be able to recommend something that I hope everybody will love and benefit from as much as I do

Michelle - I am glad that you are being careful with the crunches. Sorry for being a nag/worry wart. You sound like you are totally in control and know what works best for you, so I can rest easy now

My pleasure letting you all know about Annie, she's a lovely lady and I know a lot of people like yourself have been concerned about her lately.

Sharon - are you ok, not seen you on MSN or here today, hope you are just busy, not poorly or anything.

Ok time to go now, take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just a REALLY quick post, and then I'm off to CARDIO DANCE! I'll catch you ladies LATER!
Lavandel - Congrats on the loss! You'll hit that 20 pound mark in NO TIME!

Ammi - Thanks for the update on Annie! It's good that she's staying positive!

Misti - Congrats on that loss!!! Send her MY way!

Andie - He's starting to outgrow it, too...now he's all about his computer...since he's going into computer networking! As for your build...I'm the saaaame way. Broad shoulders...and I'm just BIGGER on top, and I HATE it!

Nancy - Andrew watches when I do my Crunch dvd sometimes...he says it's because he's bored...but I very rarely let him! I don't like it when people watch me work out, either. Good luck with the bating suits!!! I don't have LiveJournal, but if you ever wanna talk...you know how to find me. -hugs-

Michelle - Have a GREAT trip!!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:06 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechell81 View Post
Well the thing is the crunches are really bad for me! I have a lot of weight with my boobs and fat around my neck/shoulders that when I do crunches I am hurting my neck and my chest/back.
Just wondering, have you tried crunches crossing your arms over your chest? That's the only way they don't hurt me. Of course, I don't have your weight distribution...I'm all butt & thighs! WTG getting on the plane - last time I flew I paid for three seats for DH and myself. Turned out we didn't need them...but it was nice to have room anyway.

Ammi - those 100 lbs are taking an AWFULLY long time compared to some of the ladies here, including you really, but that's okay...slow and steady, just call me a tortoise!

By the same token, there is a man in my office, the receptionist, who has lost 120 lbs in less than six months!!! Without surgery! He says he has gone to eating really nothing but fruits and vegetables and really isn't starving. He told me a week or so ago that his Dr had actually told him to GAIN 10 lbs back...but he didn't. At that time his electrolyes were all messed up and he was severly dehydrated. I never see the man drink water, he drinks diet soda by the gallon. I yelled at him for that, and he says he's been trying to drink more water and isn't dehydrated any more and his last blood tests were all normal. Now this guy STILL is at least 350 lbs, but says his BP has gone to normal and he's off all meds. His diabetes is almost gone. His one complaint is that his eyesight has changed and his glasses prescription is wrong now.

Is it wrong of me to be pissed that he's lost in 5 months more than I have in nearly two years?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #11  

hey Ammi and Mechelle hope you girls are doing fine. yes tomorrow is my official weigh in.. i am a little nervous but hopefully i will see a loss!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:20 PM   #12  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Lilion - I don't know if I mentioned this here, but I recently ran into someone who lost a similar amount of weight in a similar amount of time. Of course it was a guy, and he told me he had eaten a south beach bar for breakfast, a plain chicken sandwich for lunch, and two bowls of special K for dinner. That's it. He basically starved himself and didn't get any kind of real nutrition. I could not have done this. I am not capable. As slow as my weight loss has been in my mind, it is real, it is healthy and I think it will be permanent. I hope for him he can keep it off, but it will be very difficult to transition to real eating. Also, because he did it so fast did he have time to deal with the mental and emotional issues that got him to the point of being overweight in the first place? But then maybe it is just that much easier for men. I don't know.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #13  

I don't really know Nancy. I don't know him that well. I know he's in his 40's with grown children and is a former Marine special forces guy. He has a teeny-tiny little Phillippino wife who thinks she's fat when she weighs 115 lbs. Frankly, I couldn't figure out how he got that big if she does the cooking, because he told me she doesn't eat meat much, just fish and chicken and veggies. I mean, I am happy for him if it works and he keeps his weight off...I guess I'm just a little jealous that he's stealing my thunder - I've been the office diet queen to date...petty of me. I should be ashamed of myself really.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:15 PM   #14  

hi again--i just can't stay away from here today! i just had to get on and tell you all about this. when i went to my water aerobics class this morning, we were waiting for the class before to finish in the deep water. i was just watching them and someone from my class asked me if i knew who the teacher for that class was. i said no and she said "it's the little gray haired lady on the end." well, come to find out the teacher of this deep water aerobics class is this tiny, petite, white haired woman who is 90 years old! the woman from my class said she tried to take that class once and couldn't even keep up with the teacher. i just thought that was amazing! i hope i can do that when i'm 90!

andie--i agree about biggest loser last night. i was hoping the girl would get voted out since she's all about "playing the game". but, bobby seems to be doing great since he left, anyway. i don't like the people as much this year and i haven't really liked the red team that much since all the girls decided to vote off all the guys. susie from last season was the best! and is it just me, or has bob become a total hard a**? i mean, he always seemed to be a great trainer, but it seems like he really has a "i'm not taking any s**t from anyone" attitude now.

anyway, i'm off again. i might be back tonight before grey's anatomy, but if not, see all of you tomorrow! lori
Old 11-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #15  

oops-forgot--all the talk on here about working out on the gazelle has made me interested--especially since you can fold them and get them out of the way (i think?). i was looking at them and saw about 4 different kinds--the edge, the freestyle, the power plus and the crosstrainer pro. what does everyone have and what do you like/dislike about them? also, saw some tapes you could buy to do workouts on them--does anyone have those? are they useful or do you just get on and go like on an elliptical? thanks for the input! lori
Closed Thread