South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 05:45 AM   #1  

Default Thursday thoughts on the Beach!

Thufferin' Thuckatash! Thursday already?!!!!! Looks like we're headin into some Indian Summer weather here....The rest of the week in the 70's

Cawfee's tastin mighty fine this morn

I finished up a small needlepoint Xmas gift last night, and if I can get my Todos done today, I' think I'll spend tomorrow starting a new crewel project.. and getting some other gifts started...

Darby and Casey are sitting here staring up at me patiently waiting fer me to let them out...Be Back later chicks!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

Has anyone been listening or reading the buzz about the new diet book, You On a Diet? I hear that it is alot like the SB. Just a little more science behind it. The Dr's who wrote it were on Oprah. Did you see that? I think I would like to read it just to see how it is. I've been to the website and there is a support group starting on here. But, I think SB. is going to be easier to follow

Gina
Old 11-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Pass the pot, Schatzi, I'm needing it this morning. I tossed and turned most of the night, and finally got up and read for an hour before trying to sleep again. Now that it's morning, I'm ready sleep soundly! Today should be an easy day so maybe I can catch a little nap with Maggie this afternoon. The skies are clearing up after yesterday's deluge, and it's supposed to reach 70*, so a nice day is in store for us. I put some pork chops marinated in a sugar-free teriyaki sauce in the crockpot, so supper will be almost ready when I get home tonight.
Gotta run for now, I have just enough time to stop at Wawa to get another cup of coffee and gas before I take the girls to school.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:01 AM   #4  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Mornin ladies

Looks like everyone is off to a good start today
I didnt get a chance to get online yesterday as I went out of town to visit family...BUT I packed my lunch before I left and even passed up homeade peanut butter pie and jelly that my aunt made I still cant believe I said no....and it feels great to see the determination back again I know the holidays are gonna be rough but I am really gonna try hard to just limit my cheating on the actual days and do phase one afterward, Hope you all have a great day and know I am for ya!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:36 AM   #5  

Good Morning!

I am taking a half day just to make sure that Abigail is better. She had a good evening and then a great night of sleep, so I am anticipating that whatever she had was a little 24 hour deal.

Schatzi I love to crossstitch- it is something that I have not done in years. Me thinks you have inspired me to dig my stuff back out. It could help my nighttime snacking problems!

Cottage I am so sorry to hear of your sleep troubles. That is always so frustrating- especially when you know you are bone tired. I hope that you are able to get a nap in today!

Christian Good plan for the holidays, when you think about it that way- you are planning to cheat for 2 days (T-day and Christmas). Big difference from blowing off the whole season and restarting in January!

Okay, both kiddos are up, need to get my cawfee going.

Later gals!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #6  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Chicks!

It's a pretty nice day here, too. I have tomorrow off I'm so looking forward to a day at home!

Not much to report on around here. Went to yoga last night and am a little sore this morning, but it's a good sore. Food's been pretty good. I've been craving chocolate like a mad-woman so hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow to make something SBD-approved to kill the cravings. The fudgecicles just aren't cutting it for some reason?

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #7  

Kiko - I'm glad to hear Abigail is doing better. Stomach bugs are a pain.

My meeting was a blast last night. The three hours went so fast! I meet with the other troop guides next week for a few hours and then the next staff development day is in December. That one will be a full day on a Saturday and I have a lot of homework to do beforehand. It also conflicts with a DRA drill that I'm supposed to work. I'll find out next week if the time conflicts. I may have to find someone else to cover the drill.

Tonight is Cub Scout Roundtable. I have Sausage and Beans in the crockpot so all I need to do is fix some rice and a salad to go with it. I'm planning on getting my flu shot today. They are giving them for free at work which is why I am in the office today.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

TGIF - At least for us government employees!! I've got a ton of stuff to do before I leave this afternoon as I won't be here until NEXT Thursday. I'm again waiting for stuff to be on my desk so that I can finish up. I hopefully won't be here late, but we'll see.

SB has been a little shaky for me the past few days what with the election and the celebratory parties. I've done okay and haven't seemed to gain. Workouts are going well, but I face the family-monster tomorrow night. I'm sure there will be yummy carbs and calories that I'll need some strength to stay away from.

Kelly: I buy the Hershey's Sugar Free mini bars and eat one every time I get a craving. I stock up on the dark chocolate ones as they're supposed to have more antioxidants and throw them in the freezer. I have to wait for a piece to thaw, but it's worth it in the end.

Kiko: Hope Abigail feels better soon and that you get your rest as well!

Christian: PLEASE don't ever post your aunt's pb&j pie recipe. That sound delish. You're so strong to be able to turn it down!!

Cottage: I'm glad it has cleared up for you. Your dinner sounds yummy, can I come over? I have NO idea what's for dinner tonight.

Britmum: Sorry haven't heard about the new book. Going to Austin this weekend for a conference and shopping , so maybe I'll check it out!

Schatzers: Talk about warm! Our high is predicted to be 80 this afternoon! Good grief! You sound like you're buzzing away on your projects for Christmas! Wish you lived near me (or I lived near you) so that you could teach me!!

Well, gotta go look for some info for the State Comptroller. Need to get it faxed off. Tonight will be busy with packing and cleaning out the car and cleaning the house! I probably won't be back until this weekend, but maybe not until next Wednesday or Thursday depending on the internet situation, but never fear, I'll be back.

Have a Beachin' weekend, week or whatever. Hope to "see" you all soon!

~Kim
Old 11-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #9  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Britmum- I had seen the Oprah episode with Dr. Oz (I thought it was a memorable name) and the other guy who wrote You on a Diet. You were saying it seemed very similar to SB. I thought the same thing when they were talking about it. I think I would stick with SB too just because (without having read the You on a Diet book) it seems to be more spelled out- more structured, which I need.

Kiko- I am glad your little girl is feeling better.

Yeah, it's supposed to be really warm here too (well comparatively) 70*. I'm going to take advantage of the good weather and get my son out for a long walk today.

Well, ladies I will probably be off until Sunday. I have a college friend coming to visit tomorrow am. She'll be here until Sunday. It's interesting. I just realized that although we email and talk on the phone I haven't seen her since she was in my wedding nearly 7 years ago. Technology is a very interesting thing. It definitely has changed our lives compared to our parents.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #10  

Afternoon all. I have 1/2 day and all day tomorrow off work, so I'm finally getting a chance to post this week!

Schatzi - It's warm here today too, but is supposed to get a lot colder tomorrow. I'm going to enjoy the last warm day by taking the dog up to the park.

Britmum - Hadn't heard about that new book. Will have to go check it out.

Cottage - Hope you're able to get some rest tonight.

Christian - I'm with Kiko - sounds like you've got a good plan for the holidays!

Kiko - Glad to hear that DD is feeling better.

Kelly - If you find anything that takes care of the chocolate craving, let me know!

Barb - Sounds like you are going to be one busy scout!

Kim - Enjoy your time off!!!

Ebb - Enjoy your time with your friend!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #11  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Huzzah!
So yesterday was my weigh-in day , and I've lost another 2.5 lbs (my tickers are recording it funny, but oh well)! That brings me a little over the 20 lb mark! 20.5 lbs exactly. So freakin exciting. It's nice when your body just cooperates with you.

I'm officially switching to Phase 2 now; I know I could probably keep on Phase 1 for a little longer, but I don't want to burn myself out. I might do Phase 2 until after the holidays are over and then do a week or two on Phase 1 again, just to make sure I'm not overdoing the carbs. I'm trying to limit myself to 1 SERVING (v. important!) of Phase 2 foods a day for a week or so, then I'm going to experiment and see how I have to eat to keep losing 2 lbs a week. Please body, no evil plateaus!

Kim- Blast you, government employees! You are supposed to stay chained to your desks, hard at work!

Christian & Kiko- I'm with ya'll, T-Day and X-Mas are two days that I refuse to think about my weight. I'm not going to go hog wild , but I'm not going to be super-restrictive on myself either. By the Diet Godess (cause you know any diety in charge of dieting is gonna be a woman), I will have my mother's coffee cake on Christmas and her cranberries on Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #12  
Losing on the Beach

Lisa...You lost 20 pounds on phase one That is AMAZING!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Here, here, obvious! I've been playing my version of Thanksgiving in my mind since starting SB again, and none of the scenarios include me avoiding the pumpkin pie OR the potato salad (my grandma's specialty!) And WTG loosing 20.5 lbs on P1! Quite an accomplishment!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #14  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Thanks Christian and Kim, but I should make an addendum. I've lost 20.5 lbs since August. I did P1 back then and lost 15ish, which I then maintained (failed transition to P2) until these past two weeks when I went back on P1 and lost another 5.5.

But hey, those 20.5 lbs are gone FOREVER. And my transition to P2 is going much better this time around. Although I'm only 2 days in, I've been adding one serving of a good carb a day and haven't been bombarded with cravings yet. Fingers crossed, I may still hit my T-day goal!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #15  
Losing on the Beach

Lisa- I am sure you will hit your goal, it is wonderful to see the progress you have made already
Closed Thread