Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:21 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default 100 lb Club Weekly Support Chat 11/06 - 11/12

Good morning everyone. I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes or anything since I'm fairly new here. But I've noticed on other forums there are weekly support chats and that the 100lb. club doesn't have one. I hope you don't think I'm too forward by starting one. I know I find it quite helpful to plan for the week and try to keep one another motivated and on track and about stuff in general. I would like to get to know you all better. So I would really like to get this thing going. I hope you'll all join me and just let loose!

Okay folks another Monday rolls around. Today is my 9th week of my "new lifestyle". My scale finally gave up 2 pounds this morning since last week, so that's kinda okay I guess.

Definitely a little bit nervous with the holidays fast approaching. For me I will be hosting no parties this year, because the temptation is too much for me. Cooking leads to me picking at the food which is a big no-no for me and leftovers are an absolute disaster for me. I'll be going to my mom's for Thanksgiving and she asked me what I'm bringing cause she loved what I brought last year which was a spinach, noodle casseerole thing, yummy, a big salad with mangos, strawberries and candied almonds and a heavy, oil-filled dressing, delish it was and mushroom barley also pretty darn good. Then for dessert I made a pecan pie and walnut brownies. I told her this year will be a bit different. She said what about the salad that everyone loved and I told her I know longer use oil-based dressings. Anyway I will be bringing sugar snap peas sauted with onions and soy sauce, a finely chopped tomato, cucumber and onion salad with oregano and lemon juice and maybe some steamed cauliflower and brussel sprouts. Dessert - a large pineapple, sliced. Not very Thanksgivingish, but much kinder to the scale.

Do any of you have any not so caloric Thanksgiving recipies that are more in line with Thanksgiving? There's still time to change my menu.

Have a great and healthy day everybody.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

Wow this thread is going ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE . Oh well, it was worth a shot.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Congrats on the two pounds! And it sounds like you have a great plan for Thanksgiving--I wouldn't change a thing about your menu. Well, maybe I'd roast the brussel sprouts and cauliflower rather than steaming, but I discovered roasting veggies last year and just love it.

And, no, it's not too forward of you to start a chat thread. Start any kind of thread any time you want. That's what makes this place so fun.

So I'm wondering if anyone saw Kirstie Alley on Oprah yesterday? I love that she was bold enough to go out in the bikini. When I watched The View today, however (I watch it at the gym two days a week for 35 min. while on the elliptical), I got ticked because one of the hosts said that she didn't think "chunky girls" should be seen in bikinis, indicating that Kirstie Alley was a "chunky girl." What??? I thought she looked amazing, and if that's a "chunky girl" then I want to be one. She's curvy in all the right places, and she looks darn good for a 55 year old, or for any age.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:23 AM   #4  

I'm sorry this happened to you "fed". This is the main reason I don't post on this board anymore. You have 60 people read a thread and only 1 or 2 people can be bothered to respond. This is basically a very "clique-y" board. Certain people can post about something boring like earwax and everyone would just jump on in and comment, while others barely get a glance. Good luck finding a place to fit in and on your weightloss journey!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

Ummm.... I really don't know what to say. I'm not quite ready to give up on the 100lb club just yet. Cause I still have well over 100 lbs to lose. I do think that there are some dedicated people and that we CAN be of help to one another. Having said that I'll move on for now.

Anyway I think Kirstie Alley looked great, she's a very pretty, voluptuous girl even with her support hose on and oh so brave. And Sheila how do you roast vegetables? It sounds yummy, a lot more interesting then steaming.
And when I do steam my veggies I steam them in a bit of consumme, but your way does sound yummier.

Today is rainy and miserable out, so today's walk is definitely out. Oh joy that means I have to break out the Richard Simmons videos. I think it's definitely time to update my exercise videos. Although lately I just turn on the radio and I know this sounds corny and I just dance. The time goes really fast and it does get me moving. And I need to move, that's for sure.

Have a great day everybody.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

By the way Inca's Momma your baby is absolutely precious. So sweet just lying there sleeping. Too cute.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #7  
DNR
Determined Woman

Fed Up,

I'm sorry you haven't had a lot of response here. This is just my opinion and that's not saying everyone should agree. I think if you want to post your weekly "chat" that's fine but I feel that some people have more time to spend on their computers than others. I personally have time to maybe post a weight loss and maybe comment on something that happens to strike me at the moment. I also am not a person who relies solely on this website for my motivation. There are some who post here who are committed to their weight loss and are in it for the long haul, and there are others who post once and you never hear from them again. They get on a kick to lose weight and do it for a few days and then have all kinds of excuses as to why they aren't losing and quit. They haven't made the decision to be willing to do what it takes yet.

So, don't feel slighted if you don't get a lot of response to a particular thread. Just use this as one of your tools for success - there are many others.

DNR
Old 11-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Inca's mama your baby is toooo cute!

I also this Kristie looked fine. I think there is a lot a hype about it, so there has to be people that say she doesn't look that great. That always seems to happen. If you make a big deal about someone, someone else will find something wrong with them.

I am hoping that I don't worry to much about Thanksgiving. My current plan is to stay on plan exact every day, so that I can have some room for thanksgiving, Christmas eve and Christmas day. I am not going to go crazy, but I will have one desert each of those days. That is my plan anyway. I also will hopefully get at least one workout in the morning of Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. I usually have 1 day off of working out each week, so I will rearange it to make it for Christmas day. Jelly
Old 11-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Fed Up,

I'm sorry you haven't had a lot of response here. This is just my opinion and that's not saying everyone should agree. I think if you want to post your weekly "chat" that's fine but I feel that some people have more time to spend on their computers than others. I personally have time to maybe post a weight loss and maybe comment on something that happens to strike me at the moment. I also am not a person who relies solely on this website for my motivation. There are some who post here who are committed to their weight loss and are in it for the long haul, and there are others who post once and you never hear from them again. They get on a kick to lose weight and do it for a few days and then have all kinds of excuses as to why they aren't losing and quit. They haven't made the decision to be willing to do what it takes yet.

So, don't feel slighted if you don't get a lot of response to a particular thread. Just use this as one of your tools for success - there are many others.

DNR

Don't be sorry, there's no need. I 'm a big girl and I'll get over it, although I was hoping for more responses, but I definitely understand that not everybody has or wants access to their computers as much as others. Everybody has to do what works for them. I most definitely DO NOT feel slighted. I'm certainly not taking it personally.

Jelly it sounds like you've got it all figured out. It's just a shame that such an enjoyable time of year I have to dread because I'm afraid I'm going to overeat. Why is it always about the food?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Okay, roasting--love my roasting. Basically, you toss veggies in a bit of olive oil (which is a healthy oil and good for you so make sure to include some healthy oils in your diet ), add some seasonings, spread them on a baking sheet and put them in about a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes (depends on what you're roasting). It browns them a bit, and almost carmalizes them. My DH wouldn't eat a brussel sprout for any amount of money, but when I started roasting them, he asked for more. You might google "roasting vegetables" to see if you come up with some interesting combinations and seasonsing. I like garlic so I always throw garlic powder on them.

Kimberlie, I'm really sad that you feel that way about the board. I miss hearing about the baby and your dogs. I hope that everyone here strives to be welcoming and inclusive, but it seems like we're missing the mark. That makes me sad--hope we can do better so everyone feels welcome to post anything. Yeah, sometimes people don't respond for a variety of reasons, but for me it's helpful just to write something and put it out there no matter the response.

And because I happened to catch the last few minutes of Oprah, just have to comment here. Size 12 is a PLUS size!! Oh, no--no, no. That made me mad! I've worked hard to get out of the plus sizes so that really got to me. So nice to hear that (not actually) plus-sized model say she'd like to see fashion shows with every body type represented. That would really help with the body image problem we have in the U.S.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #11  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I was watching the Biggest Loser on Korean TV which means it is probably over a year old. It was the one where navy wives verses marine wives. I was so impressed with the weight loss of those ladies. It really hit home much work and commitment changing your way of life is. They all came back to the same thing about pushing yourself to make it work. Calories in verses calories out.

Today I am trying to get in around 1600 calories and see if I can do it. I am also working on the Fat Smashers plan but I could not make through detox without any coffee so I switched to decaf. I will tell you....it was hard! I am angry with myself for letting myself get fooled into thinkin that I was not drinking a lot of caffiene. I must of had what equals 4 cups of expresso. I was also trying to give up sugar and whites. I have to wean myself so I am trying to just work on calories. I have lost 2 pounds since Monday. I hope those two pounds will stay off.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #12  

I saw the Oprah show with Kristy in her bikini. She looked great to me! I wish my weight was coming off as fast as hers. I am more comfortable in my one piece bathing suit than I use to be but still need to drop about 50 more pounds before I even think about a 2 piece.
Hubby and are are going to Laughling NV on Thanksgiving day but we will share a traditional meal with our 2 boys the night before. The boys asked for a peach cobbler for dessert other wise we will do the turkey, ham, sweet and mashed potatoes, all the usual things and just use portion control.
Today I stuck with my food and exercise plane for the first time in a long time. I hope to get back on track. I have been traveling a lot a but back on 5 pounds. I was wanted to be under 200 by Christmas.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #13  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Wow Kimberlie, I'm sorry you feel that way. I've always found this a great group. Always willing to except you back in if you screw up and always helpful with any weight loss questions and support. I've heard that comment from one other but I guess I just have not seen that here.

As for this thread I think it's a great idea but I know people have done these in the past and they come and go. I'm not that into a lot of chat but I'm a guy so go figure. You should feel free to post whenever and whatever you like though. I hope you stick around because this really is a great group and it has helped me tremendously.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up I like to chat

I hope Kimberly sticks around too.

I have hopped in and out for a long time;but, now try to pop in more b/c I have finnally decided to make weight loss real for me.
I don't get upset and quit if my weight floats up a little after I lose a pound. I just hang in there and after a few days to a week it settles back and more drops off. it floats -then settles.
I think water has something to do with it and I find I celebrate a little the next day (have to be careful there)
I don't think I would do as well if I didn't stop here.
I don't like going to places to get weighed,etc. I usually have other places to go or I don't have the money.
Here I can follow my own plan and still get the personal help from others that I need on my time. Sometimes you have to check back several days to see an answer;but, they are busy too. Sometimes the post has run out of date and i didn't look at that when I posted.
Howie and Gardenwife do seem to hold the group together the best; but, everyone seems nice and helpful to me.
I do hope you will stay Kimberly.
This chat may be the best way to get more encouragement. I'll try to pop in every time I'm on the pc.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #15  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Of course Kimberlie too. I do miss seeing you around. I was just thinking last night of how many new faces there are here and was wondering about some of the ones that have dropped off. I know how that can be though. I've been in and out this past year myself. The thing about this group is that we are all so mentally tied to our weight that you tend to see a lot of in and out. I think most of us feel that if we are not being prefect then what's the use of posting. It should not be that way but it is. That is what is so different about people that have large amounts of weight to lose. There is the whole mental game going on. It's not just a battle of losing the weight but it's a battle of the mind too.
Closed Thread