Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:02 AM   #1  

Smile Hey Sistas

It has been a long time since I have posted, obviously. I wonder if anyone I started with is still around? So much has changed for me. Since the last post; a different boyfriend, a different apartment, three different jobs, and have grown in many ways. My weight has not gone up, but it certainly has not gone down either. Although I started on and off little diets and such (and even bought a treadmill), I have done very little about my weight. I want to start. After my employers closed down, I got a job that was a bit of a commute. It was right next to a Gold's Gym. I went in for tanning, but after much contemplation, finally decided to sign up. I figured it is such a big expense that it will be motivation for me to go there a lot. Problem is that day I "lost" that job (whole long story, of course), and so now it is terribly far away for just the gym and none closer. I want so badly to work on this and be fit and strong and weigh less. I am hoping by blogging a bit it will keep me in the mindset. It is weird how things work out so that when I can not do things I plot and plan and make lists, but when it comes time, I rarely follow through. Is so silly. Like right now I am kind of thinking and telling myself, "please please please do this" and very worried that my future self will not listen. It seems ridiculous, but I am worried because that future self never does. . . I know that I can work really hard when I am at the gym-it is just getting myself to go there.

I am very confused about a lot of things right now. I am sort of lost in life about loves and locations and jobs. I am hoping that at least this will give me something to focus on. I want a bit of meaning and something to work on to make myself feel good and a bit in control. There is so much that I am unhappy with that I can not change. This I can. I want to do it. I wish I knew some magic trick that would convince myself to go to the gym. I want to aim for 3 times a week for the first month and then go from there. One of the little motivations that I will have is that they have televisions on their equipment. It sounds so dumb and lazy, but if it gets me there, right? I know I exercise better to my ipod because of the beat, but it is a start. I know I can get addicted to television easily, so maybe I can use it to get myself addicted to going to the gym at set times. I hope so. I need to get a job with set hours so that I can do that.

It is really on my mind right now-the whole losing weight and getting into shape thing. Right now I am visiting my hometown (I signed up for the gym right before I left so that I would not forget about it or change my mind after getting back and have not used it yet). I keep avoiding going out because I do not want to see anyone I used to know, even though I have always been heavy. In another way, though, I am kind of glad for bad pictures that my family is taking and such, thinking what great "before" pictures they will make.

What I really should look into getting (also sounds dumb because here I am, unemployed, spending a fortune to have a "vacation" and all this money on a gym membership, yet I act like I should save up for) a little blue bracelet. I am not sure how it came about, but somehow I remember in the past that having a blue bracelet on my right wrist is a neat little motivational thing for me and also reminds me everytime I reach for food that I have been working hard (when I have ha) and not to spoil it. Funny how your mind can play such tricks. Or maybe it is just <u>my</u> mind.

It has been a very bad year for me electronically. I have not had a television, cell phone, or computer. The only reason I am on right now is because I am back "home". I hope to keep in touch, but can not make any guarantees. All depends on my next job.

Wishing everyone well!!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #2  

HIPPOHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! Girl, where have you been! We all worried so much when you left, we knew things were bad and your computer time was limited. I am so glad you are back!!!! when you say "home" do you mean your parents? Did you tell them everything?

Anyway so glad you are back!!! There are a few of us around and some new faces (great ladies). I hope you are able to come back oftena dn we can all get back on track together!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #3  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hiya HippoHips! I left here for a while, had another baby, and rejoined again. It's nice to see you again & I hope you can find a way to stay in touch!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #4  

Well, here I am again. *Fingers crossed* This time, perhaps, to stay. After I moved it took quite some time to get Internet again. Then when I got it, my mouse quit. When I got a new mouse, my computer died completely. It has been so long, but I finally have a new computer and am hoping nothing else will break or stop me from using the Internet!

As for my last post, I was so scared that I would have this gym membership and never use it. I really lucked out, though, getting the job back near the gym. It is on my way home every night, so I have to go out of my way to avoid it. The only thing keeping me from going as regularly as I would like, is that I do not have a lot of time/effort/money to do laundry regularly-do not want to be working out in clothes that are sweaty before I start!

Anyway, just got my computer tonight and had to come back on. Unfortunately, my weight has gone up since I used to come here a lot, but I am looking forward to it going down with the help of you girls and the gym! Wish me luck!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #5  

Hippohips!!! HI!!!!

I haven't been around for a while either. I'm pregnant!! Actually, I was pregnant, had a miscarriage, and now I'm pregnant again. I can relate to your whirlwind of emotions and such!! lol

I'm not around much, but I certainly wanted to pop in and say hi!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #6  

Congratulations!!
Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #7  

Hello, I have just been lurking as of late. No motivation so I don't want to bring others down. But when I saw you resurface I had to say Howdy. We really were concerned about you. So glad you are back. Hope 2007 is a much better year for you. So glad you were able to return home!
Merry Christmas and big hug from me!
Closed Thread