General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:56 AM   #1  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default What's your Skin Care Regimen?

Okay, I know that it may make no difference, but I figure it won't hurt.

I have fairly dry skin. Every time I get out of the shower, I use skin firming lotion all over me. I pay special attention to the areas that have potential for being saggy: tummy, upper arms, etc.

If nothing else, I am keeping my skin more moisturized. I think it also keeps me in touch with my body and how it is changing. I can feel the changes in my body. I enjoy the extra little pampering for myself, and my skin feels nice after.

What about you? Do you have any special routines?
Old 11-08-2006, 03:23 AM   #2  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I moisturize pretty much my whole body after I get out of the shower. I tend to have very dry skin and the moisturizer definitely makes a difference (when I lived in Chicago, in the winter my hands were so dry the skin would crack, even with regular moisturizing). I don't know if it makes my skin any firmer, but if I don't use my moisturizer, my skin will be dry and itchy. I go swimming on Saturday mornings and then shower at the pool afterwards. After I shower, I put on my moisturizer. I have to admit that I feel a little silly standing in the locker room, naked as a jaybird, rubbing moisterizer all over, but if I don't do it I'll be itchy all day (esp. with the chlorine from the pool).

As for pampering, I am a sucker for expensive soaps and body washes, not too mention hair products. I also snagged several bottles of Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner from a hotel I stayed at last month(score! that stuff smells so unbelievably good! ), so I'm feeling very pampered these days.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:30 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I have to use moisturizer a lot too as my skin tends to get dry very easily. I also moisturize myself after a shower, especially in winter time. For other stuff, I give myself manis and pedis when I have the time. I also get my hair cut and straightened every 6 mos (pay a good price for it too). For not bingeing on crap last week, I allowed myself to buy lip glosses and more lotion from bath and body works. I get a bag for all my purchases too. Hehe.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
I go swimming on Saturday mornings and then shower at the pool afterwards. After I shower, I put on my moisturizer. I have to admit that I feel a little silly standing in the locker room, naked as a jaybird, rubbing moisterizer all over, but if I don't do it I'll be itchy all day (esp. with the chlorine from the pool).
Have you tried the in shower body lotions, I know Olay and Caress both make them (I prefer the extra dry version of Olay)... they're amazing. My skin is amazingly soft since I started using these, plus I feel like I get to skip a step because I just smear this stuff on while my hair conditioner gets to do it's thing for a minute or so. I use them at the gym, and because they're applied in shower then you don't have to go through the locker room routine.

They are work far better than any traditional body lotion, I'm never going back.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

For my body, I use either a hemp-based moisturizer or cocoa butter (Queen Helene or something cheesy like that). Sometimes I use straight vitamin-E oil, too. I also exfoliate with a loofah in the shower and use an Aveda body wash. I don't shave my legs, I use an epilator. It seems to make the skin less irritated.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #6  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

How weird! I live in houston, TX, and i don't think i've ever needed a facial moisterizer. My girlfriends don't either. Maybe it's because we live in a place where the humidity is 8000% most of the time, lol! sometimes I use lotion on my legs, but that's it. Anyone have oily skin?
Old 11-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

I got one of those in shower lotion things... but I bought Suave, it was the cheapest and it shows. Don't recommend it... but I'd like to try another one. I use a biore daily exfoliating wash, oil of olay moisturizer on my face (when I remember to do it), and Aveeno lotion. It works alright. Both me and hubby have dry skin... he uses Cetaphil and loves it.

the best thing we did was get a filter for our water, our water was making our skin flake off it was awful! This thing has made a night and day difference for us.

I love swimming for a workout, but have a hard time with the chlorine making me itchy and dry and plus even after I shower I can still smell it, bugs the heck out of me. Anybody use anything particularly great after swimming?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

There is a shop in Banff, that sells soaps that are wonderful,,,very similar to LUSH. I have become addicted to their licorise face soap. It smells like licorise and its black,,,my face is so smooth and soft looking after
I drive the 1.5 hours to go and sit in the springs, relax and shop. But I always make a point of buying a few bars of this stuff.
I have a different lotion for whatever Im doing,,,at work I use non scented lotion. Going out I wear a couple of different kinds. I had a dear friend take soap/lotion and bath bombs class and she made me some lotion that smells like heaven,,,I use that when I want to pamper myself.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:23 AM   #9  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I love The Body Shop's Hemp lotions for hands and feet. I also use their cocoa butter all over when I get out of the shower. It's a very soft and naural smell. Alot of times, I use Johnson's baby oil on my legs after shaving because they get really dry otherwise. I've even used straight olive oil (not extra-virgin as that smells stronger). When I visited a client who had a baby in NIC-U, the nurses told me they used olive oil to massage the preemies because it's more natural and also cheaper than massage oils so I thought it seemed a really good idea as I always have olive oil in the house!

This may seem funny but when my legs and feet are smooth and pampered (as in using a pumice stone on my heels, painting my toenails), I feel totally sexy, even if I'm in jeans and noone can see.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/169/130

Height: 5'3"

I hear ya on the rosemary mint shampoo, BluetoBlue! I have an Aveda cosmetology school near me, so when I go to get my haircuts there, I loooove getting a shampoo because they use big globs of it.

As for skin care, I'm a LUSH girl. There's no store near me, but I order my things online. I use Ocean Salt to exfoliate 2x a week (on face and body), wash with Angels on Bare Skin at night, use Eau Roma toner, and a non LUSH moisturizer. I have dry skin, too, and if I don't regularly moisturize I get dry patches. Sorry this turned into an ad for LUSH, but my skin has never been better! Their website is www.lush.com, if you want to check it out.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #11  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I'm a Bath & Body Works girl. I LOVE Moonlight Path body wash, body lotion & body splash. It smells heavenly. I use the body butter in the Winter months, especially on elbows.

For face care, I use Olay products and love them! The foaming face wash, the refreshing toner, total effects moisturizer & eye cream.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I use the skin firming lotion. I just grabbed lotion, I haven't noticed a difference, but I do put it all over my body!
Closed Thread