Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chit Chat #219

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #2  
ugggg.....

I hate being the first poster...

Just a quick hi to all. I have to get to the grocery store since I didn't make it on Friday. DS and his gf are coming today and I have to finish putting away the rest of the things dd dropped off. DH is raking leaves and cutting wood--which means I will be stacking later. I am still a little sore, bit nowhere near as bad as I thought that I'd be.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Ya Ladies!

Hey all.

Well lastnight work had pizza brought in since they were doing upgrades to our phone system and everything. I was dumb and ate 2 and 1/2 peices. I paid for it later though, didn't set well with me. That will learn me to eat too much of the wrong thing! lol.

Loving the new car. We are going to take it to get washed, since we get free lifetime car washes and then we'll take a pic.

This weather is absolutely crazy! One day its cold and the next its almost 60! Weird. No wonder everyone is sick........lol

Okay off to individuals.......

to our thread, Melody! on the weightloss! I hear ya on genetics and environment, my family is the same way. I'm not on BP meds or anything yet, but I am a diabetic so I do want to change that. I'm working with my dr. to not only lower my blood sugars, but also to lose weight. He is awesome, he even looks like Matthew Broderrick! lol.

Anyways.....I wish you well and you have joined a great group here! These ladies are AWESOME!

Hi Jane! I honestly don't think I am cordinated enough to use the gazelle! lol. Your in Southern Indiana, right? Yeah that may be a bit of a drive. Not sure exactly how far away you are from me. lol. I was thinking about getting one of those total gym thingys that Chuck Norris Sells????? Anybody here have one of those or know anybody who has one?????? Yeah I think I'm doing good on portion control, well except for lastnight. But I paid for it........ I also have noticed my appetite decreasing! Your pizza sounds A LOT better than what I had for sure!

Hi Michelle, YW...... and yes I do love my car. I did notice that there are a lot of them around........Oh boy do I know what you mean about going through your mom's things. Where as it wasn't my mom, it was my step dad's things, it was very difficult so I understand....... All I can say is do it with your sister and loved ones and just remember her and cherish her memory, as I'm sure you do every single day. I know there are no words to comfort you at this time, but just know we are all thinking of you and yours everyday.

Cristina.......I will take a pic of our new car as soon as we take it to get it washed. I have been thinking about joining WW's for a while now, just never have..........Not sure if I would like the meetings.........
Funny you need stuff to have your nails to stop growing, I need something to get my nails to grow! lol. I've been a nail biter since I was 3 yrs old! lol......
Speaking of Hallmark, did you see the penguins??? I want those!!!!!!!

Hi Jules!!!!!! Enjoy your time with your DS and his gf. Don't over do it with stacking the wood, but I bet it sure it good exercise!

Hello to everyone else out there in lurkdomville!

Old 11-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

Hi Sassy--when we were driving around in the big Ford truck my dd looks at me and said why is you never notice how many of vehicle you are driving there on the road until you get one--or park at Walmart......there are alot of big trucks in WV!!

Dh and I were thinking of the total gym or the Bow Flex too. He doesn't want to go to the gym--he hates being around alot of people. Check out the does it work thread and the one on exercise--i think there are comments about the total gym posted on one of those....my concern was DH's height and he's only 6'2' I remember your DH is 6'7', only an inch taller than my brother.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Julie - I've helped Neal stack wood, and a person can get a real good workout doing that. Maybe you'll have time for a good soak in the tub later to help ease those sore muscles.

Sassy - I haven't had any pizza, but I did have some whole wheat pasta. I think that's what you meant. The weather here is weird, too. Well, typical fall weather, I suppose. Cool/cold in the mornings and then it warms up. We have more rain coming - sheesh! Enough, already.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I was so good at the restaurant. I ate exactly what I said I would - a salad with chopped veggies and some chicken on it. They had no baked chicken, so Neal gave me the meat-only part of a fried chicken breast. I had none of the skin. Everyone else was having steaks, potatoes with sour cream, carrot cake, etc. I had some not-so-fresh fruit for dessert. So the entire meal was a real NSV for me.

We're going to be re-doing Katie's empty room. Her bedspread and curtains were so vibrant that we had painted the walls beige. Now I'm going to do them a maroon color, partway up, then add some border at chair rail height. I found some border with birdhouses on it, and it will blend in well with the other colors in our home with maroons, blues, and greens. The treadmill and a craft table and tv are going in there. And maybe an easy chair with a side table.

Toodles!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening Ladies....

Having a good day today. Just hanging out w/Jhanai. I haven't done my walk yet today but will get one in before bed.

I weighed in this morning and lost 2lbs. A total of 5 since I started walking! Amazing! The weight hasn't cooperated w/me like this in SOOOOO long. It may be coming off slowly, but at least it's coming off!

Sassy--James & I used to have the Total Gym 1000. It was so heavy and hard for me to adjust that I stopped using it. James used it for awhile then we finally decided to sell it. We just didn't have the room to keep it up all the time. (This was in our last house) It's a great workout equipment though. I think you'll like it.

Jules--Stacking wood is great exercise! I hate doing it, but the arms sure benefit from it!! I agree w/Jane....soak in a tub later once you're done. Do a little pampering.

Jane--I really need to clean up this room (the extra room where computer and scrapbook stuff is) Its so disorganized that it's not really a comfy place. I would like to get rid of stuff in here......now to just talk James into it!

Well I'm dying Jhanai's today: Medium Auburn color, like a maroony color.

Ok...gotta get going.
Take Care Everyone.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi to everyone...I am too pooped to do much posting tonight. Just a quickie. We did yard work today which meant lots of leaves. I used the blower for so long that my arms and wrists got sore. Has to be a good muscle toner...
We didn't have trees at the old house, so this was new for me.

Taking Mom to the heart Dr. tomorrow and then to Wally World. AND I am starting my NO SWEETS week. Trying one thing at a time. LOL.

DH and I did take a nice walk yesterday and with the work today I had quite a lot of moving this week-end. Hope I can keep it up all week.

See you all on the flip side..........Off to slumberland here.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #8  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

SASSY...Your car sounds so nice, and that's great that you get lifetime car washes! Our weather has been very crazy too. Last week it had been so cold, even down in the 20s one night, a little warmer during the days, and now it hasn't stopped raining all weekend, very windy and warmer. Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. It was hard going through all of my mom's things yesterday, but we got everything done except for three boxes with all of her mail stuff. This morning when I got up, I cleaned off all of the china, and I arranged everything in the curiel cabinet from her and also added a few pieces to the china hutch that she gave us a few years ago. It still just seems so unreal that she's gone, even with going through her things, and I still think she will be calling me during the day like she always did. All I can say is one day at a time, and my faith, family and friends.

Last edited by Michelle; 11-06-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #9  

Good Morning Ladies--

Sue--I really need to get to my front yard and rake my leaves to the side of the road. There is a leaf pick up the next few weeks and if I don't get to it........it'll be a mess all winter! Raking is good arm exercise. Sheesh....seems like I have to turn every chore into "it's good exercise" for me to do it!

Michelle--My heart goes out to you during this time. Going through your moms things must be tough. I'm happy to hear that you have things from her to keep her memories alive. Our weather is bizarre today......it's uncannily (is that even a word??) warm out and the sky is dark! A rain storm is brewing somewhere.

Hello and good morning to the rest of you girls.

Had to get up early this morning to go get the oil changed in my car. Its nice that I only had to get it done here in town rather than drive half an hour someplace. Nothing like getting up early and hurrying to get ready!

Not a lot going on this morning so I think I'll take advantage and pick up the house a bit before I need to get to work.

Take Care and chat w/you all later!
Old 11-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

MARTI...I think I found your two pounds! Actually, I was up one last week and up one this week. Gotta get back to my walking. Glad you are doing well with yours! on the five pounds!

MICHELLE...hugs to you.

SASSY...can't wait to see your car!

Hi to everyone else

The weather is here weird also. Was a little chilly over the weekend, supposed to get up to 67 today and then 74 tomorrow and 70 something the day after. I just wish it would either stay chilly or warm...make up it's mind. Anyway, nothing much going on. Went to It Figures this morning and did my work out...man I was draggin'. But I did do the whole 30 mn. work out. Think I'll go tomorrow and work on the elliptical. I am really wanting to get one of those. Also, got in a mile walk and since the weather is going to be so nice tomorrow I am planning a 3 mile walk tomorrow at the park! That's about all I have. Have some laundry to do...chat with ya's later
Old 11-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Just a quick note to say I'm helping Mary with some things including the kids, so I won't have a lot of computer time for a little while. I'll be back when I can.

Take care, ladies.

Oops.... almost forgot.... Marti and Norma, you should've gotten my scrapbook pages last week, Friday or Saturday at the latest. Tiffany should be getting hers any day now.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Ladies!

Hi Ladies!

Jules -- You are so right about that one! As soon as we started seriously looking at the Altima, we started seeing them everywhere. lol.

Yeah I don't like crowds either and I think I would work out more if I had something right here to work out on. Also since we work nights, then we could work out whenever we wanted as well. My DH is 6'8" so yeah I never thought about the height thing. Thanks for the tip!

Jane -- I read your post wrong. lol. I thought you said pizza. lol. Pizza, pasta, they sorta look alike! lol. Yeah now its like 57 outside! Very weird weather indeed! lol. It was warm this morning after we got off of work too.

Good Job on sticking to your plan when at the restaurant! Sounds like your room your redoing will be very cute!

Marti -- WTG on the weightloss! I need to get out there and start walking myself or at least do my WATP DVD more regularly.

Thanks for the tip on the total gym, if its heavy and hard to move, I'm not sure if we'll want it, but we'll look into it. I just want something that we can do here at home regularly and so we don't have to go out to a gym. Plus it will save $$ in the long run!

Hi sue! Yardwork is always a great workout! When we lived with my in-laws we helped out with yardwork a lot and boy what a work out! on your no sweets week! I'm desperately trying my best, but its very hard!!!! So far I haven't had any "sweets" but I have had some regular pop.

Michelle -- thanks yeah we love the car and lifetime of car washes is great and the dealership is right across the st from our work so it will be easy to bring it in, they also have free shuttle service as well. I remember after my step dad died it was very unreal at first, you still think they are just going to walk through the door or call on the phone..........and your right, one day at a time.

Cristina -- Thanks. We will try to get it in to get washed then we'll take a pic, that is if the weather coroporates! lol. WTG on your workout! Wow a 3 mile walk? Wow. I had a hard enough time walking the 1.7 miles!

I hope you all are having a Great Evening! I am because I am OFF!

Old 11-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Hi everyone. I am new here and just want to wish you all a good week. I am a Weight Watcher member and this is my 8th week. I was down 1 lb. yesterday at my weigh in, which is a total of 17.5 so far. I am going to work harder this week and write down everything with hopes that I can lose 2-3 this next week. I am working to lose weight for my health and because I want to start trying for another baby next year. I have a son who is almost 5 and I want one more baby so he will have a sibling and because I miss those baby days.

Here's a quote we talked about at Weight Watchers last night that I really liked: Succeding in Planning is planning to succeed! This is so true!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #14  

Good Morning Ladies!

Woke up to a down pour! The last two days have been very warm, up to 73 last night. It felt like summer nights. And now it's pouring! Knew there had to be a rain storm coming.

Cristi--The eliptical kicks my butt! Such great workouts on those things. I would have loved to have gotten one of those instead of the treadmill, but James wanted to run. So we got the treadmill. Loving it better than the gazelle!

Jane--Give Mary and the girls a hug for me! I did get your pages!! I just forgot to let you know! So sorry! I got mine started (finally) Just need to work on it this weekend. I don't have a date of when I'll mail them.........just getting them started took time!

Sassy--Did you post a photo of your car somewhere and I missed it?? What kind did you get? What color is it? Questions questions questions. I loved getting our car. I still feel as though it brand new even though it's 2yrs old now! Congrats on getting a new one.

Melody--Good wishes to you too! Fantastic on losing 17.5 lbs so far!! That is just great. And here I've lost a total of 5lbs....but it's taken me 4wks to do it! Glad to have you here and we're all looking forward to getting to know you more.

Maria--Hope you found us!!

Hello to all the other gals. I need to wake up more. I'm exhausted! Coffee.....here I come.

Have a great morning everyone.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #15  
Maria

S/C/G: 182/180/135

Height: 5'2"

Jane... I found you! Thanks so much for your help.
Closed Thread