Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default I just dont get it!?!?!?!?!?!

Ok.. my scale is broken. It has to be. I work out everyday, well.. 6 days a week. I count my calories, typically 1200-1500 per day. I am losing inches galore, but the scale wont budge, the only way it goes is up.. so for the last 3 weeks i flex between 158 - 162. Only thing I can think is maybe Im not getting enough water?! Maybe I am retaining. Im just confused because I see the changes in my clothes, and body and I cant understand why the scale just wont move. Im about to throw the b**** of the balcony, if I was the type that based my results on the scale soley then I would have given up by now.. 158 is the lowest i can ever get it to go. Meanwhile I am able to where 5/6 now.. and Im 5'4. grrr..sorry I just had to get that out.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #2  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Is that you in your avatar pic? If so, you're hot girl! LOL!

I think this question right here might have answered itself:-

Quote:
I am losing inches galore, but the scale wont budge
Sounds to me like you are putting on muscle, which is great! You might seem like you're not losing weight but you're reducing your size.

Scales are the and hey, if throwing them off your balcony makes you feel better go for it! Just make sure no body is below when you do so LOL. I got rid of my house scales over a year ago and haven't looked back. You are doing great don't let the scales get you down.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #3  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I agree, you are probably losing fat and gaining muscle!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #4  
Is on an Infinite Cut

yeah that was me on halloween in the avatar. Its just so frustrating, and i cant understand it lol. The only reason why it bothers me is because I am the type of person that has to make sense out of everything, and i hate the unknown.. really bad lol.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #5  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

Kind of the same thing is happening to me. I'd like to see more weight loss instead of just inches.

Are you a 5/6 in shirt size or pant size? I'm also 5'4 and weigh 128 but my size 4 pants are still a little tight.
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 251/241.5/200

Height: 5'5

hi,
I am in the same boat - although at a starting weight much more where you started than where you are now. I was just going to write something similar and so glad I came across your post! I have lost 26 inches in a month and look so much better - but limited weight loss!!!

Please know that people are in the same boat - I'm going to try and change up my exercise routine and see what happens!

Keep breathing
aspiringdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

im in a 5/6 pant size, yet another reason I cant go by weight because people who are the same size as me weigh like 25-30lbs less. Just something else to drive me insane
Old 11-06-2006, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

You have kind of answered your own question. Does the scale really matter if you're getting smaller?

Remember scales weigh fat and muscle and bone and water. When people say they want to lose weight, what they often mean is they want to lose FAT. If you got your body fat % calculated you might be able to see that change which it sounds like you may be observing.

What do you do for exercise? Any weights?

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that setting a WEIGHT goal may not make as much sense as setting a body fat goal in your case!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote