Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 05:42 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #16 WE CAN DO ANYTHING!

Hey girls just starting the new thread

Hi all

Lurkers we have lots of room on the bus!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:10 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I have my meeting tonight so i wonder if anybody will show. I will let you all know tonight. Not much else going on here but staying op and have tons of work to do!!! I can not chat so i will check in tonight!! LEE??? where are you???

I am getting frusterated that this fluid is ot comming off. I am beginning to wonder if it really is fluid!! I can not believe that the holidays packed 5 lbs on me in a few days!! Actually it was 11 in 2 days when i ate all that salt and carbs but then ate not to bad after that so i can not believe it is fat!! That is too fast to gain fat water yes but not fat!! (I have since lost 5 of it peeing)

I have done my numbers my cals is over 1500 daily and under 1800 carbs are under 50 usually under 30 and I have been exercisisng. i wonder if i have gained muscle and lost fat?? I can not tell with my pants as i have been wearing my big ones with long johns under to keep warm. and am to cold just to try on small pants to see if they fit!!! So back to the water water water water and then more water. KEEP my focus. repeat after me I am getting healthy I am getting healthy I am getting healthy

Last edited by nasus40; 01-08-2002 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2002, 03:49 PM   #3  

Default HELLO

Hi all,

Just popping in for a few minutes......trying to get back OP,,,havent had any luck I dont know what the prob is , its just hard to get back at it.....I have every intention when I wake up and just cant seem to stick to it all day...altho yesterday I really didnt do all that bad and my prob yesterday was I didnt get home till 7 p.m from work and running with the kids...

I took Kelly (my 12 yr old daughter) to the docs yesterday after work....she has broken ankle from playing in basketball tournament on Sun,, so off to the pharmacy for a big gel brace and crutches......by the time I got home last night everyone was screaming for dinner (no, no one else here seems to know how to cook haha) so it was a late one and I was so hungry that I didnt care what I ate....I know, I know,, better planning on my part...... anywhooo

Im feeling good and ready to start....just need to plan better..I have done my walking (at the mall) a little window shopping goes along with it hehehe.....

Take care everyone talk to ya later...
Old 01-08-2002, 07:12 PM   #4  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello Buddies!

A co-worker and I stayed after work today and did the Leslie Samsung (is that her name????..the lady who does the walking tapes and has those blue hand weight balls) 2 mile walking tape. We did the one that is 2 miles in 30 minutes with lots of upper body movements. I saw them on tv and wondered if they were any good. My friend bought a few of them and really likes them. After doing it I can say that I realy liked them. We plan on doing it a couple days a week. Did anyone else out there ever see them?

On plan and trying hard to get the water in! I would really like to see Mr. Scale get FRIENDLY with me on Friday!

Work to catch up on here...so I gotta run!

Hello to all!

Dana (HOPEFUL and feeling some burn in the upper legs thanks to the workout!)
Old 01-09-2002, 05:57 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Well it's wednesday

I am shooting for a third OP day. I can feel my mental energy rise each day as I get the carbs out of mysystem. I too seemed to be holding on to the weight alot longer than I thought I should from x-0mas. I finally decided that some of it must have been fat. But I am happy to say as of yesterday that ugly old weight was gone!!
I almost had to buy a new scale because i almost threw mine out the window. LOL I thought I had put on 5#. I have to admit it sure helped me yesterday when I had the occational craving. TOM is looming. It can arrive any time.

My routine seems to have worked out so I am getting everything in without being an airhead or feeling rushed. I was going to join the Y, but I will see if my boredom or complacency creeps in. I workout in the morning and that would mean that I would have to take my work clothes to the gym. The hassle seems like a pain. We''l see. There is still the candy dish at work, but I seem to be able to avoid it w/o too much of a fight. I was talking to a co-worker yesterday, who shared that after her DH left her she dropped 100+ pounds she still has at least that much to go. She was scared that she had allowed 10# creep back over the holidays. And was trying to get back on track. Talk about fear, I could relate as I have been in a fit about the 4-6 I kept playing with. I came to realize that that is something that is different this time. I don't want to do this again. I don't want to slip back. I hate that I have to do all that I am doing to get this damn stuff off, But I certainly don't want to have to do it again. .

Well enough of me

Sue I hope your meeting went alright last night. WHat exactly are you doing? You were one busy poster yesterday!

Dana, how do those walking tapes work? I just read ina mag of all the gym machines the treadmill ranked the highest in getting the most out of your w/o. Is is a video?

B00- Today you will have an awesome Day

Terri, great on the walking You too will have agreat day!!

Pam , Lee Mary and all you others , wheer are you? Check in and let us know.

Lurkers climb on
Old 01-09-2002, 10:18 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

Hi all. I am still here just checking in. had to clean house today and had a kid home sick UGH!!! so did not spend time on te puter. did spend time getting my kids schedule for the nest 4 years in high school tonight. nothing worse than sitting in school for 2 hours!!!

business is being a diet counselor. so you and I are in the same field I think. I have learned a lot. my meeting was defunct it was me my self and I. but that is ok. I need to get out there and advertize. I am going to go to the YW tomorow and see if I can hold a meeting there. i also am going to put up a motivation board in the YM, free advertising!!

So I am not depressed.

I have to watch the amount of fat i am taking in cuz i have the thendancy to take in too much and then wonder why i am not losing weight so it is strict watching. I am going to eat some PB now though as i am starving and have takin too little calories only about 1000 and 37 grams of fat and 12 carbs or les and only about 60 of protein. I am hungry now!!! so pb on celery it is!! or it willbe a major cheat!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 11:22 PM   #7  
gbo

Weight Warriors.....Darlins, I have had a nasty week and it is not quite over yet. The ole Pseudo Tumor has attacked me this week and awful headaches have been the rule of thumb. I have been OP until today which I blew with an onion ring. Just one but that is not OP. Still. I have sneaked a peak and have lost4 of the eight lbs I had gained in the past couple of months and have two more to go to be back at the 302 I was when I dropped out for a couple of months. while I will log the pounds I lose I will not add them to my weight loss ubtil I have reached the 302 weight I stopped at. I was on 500 calories for a week here and a week there but it is an unreasonable way to live. Failure is built in to that totally. Anorexic ( I know the spelling is incorrect) is not an attitude I desire to aquire. I throw up quite enough on my own, thank you very much. It destroys your throat and teeth too!
Nope .
I had one onion ring today which does make me not Op but......... I ate three half chicken breasts sliced lengthways and seasoned with two tblsps butter and lemon pepper.
1 cup coffee -w- cream
5 almonds
8 pork rinds
6 chicken livers wrapped in bacon
two sodas
130 oz. water

Yesterday I had a shake
12 oz. of tuna mixed with three tblsps of mayonnaise, a good shot of spicy mustard, one tblsp onions, I tblsp chopped olives
16- 18 pork rinds to scoop up my tuna salad
1 large cup coffee-w-cream
9 -10 chicken livers wrapped in bacon
1 cup spinach -w- butter and a little salt.
3 sodas
120 oz water

while I don't quite recaall the previous day in total I do know I was totally OP.

Darlins the pressure on my brain from this bugger is getting to me so I shall go for now. Take care.

Anyone heard from Lee? She hasn't even responded to my e-mails and I am getting really worried about her. Lee , Honey are you there?
Old 01-11-2002, 10:23 AM   #8  
gbo

Down 4 lbs this first week and with all the meds I am DElighted!
From 308 to 304. Just think 5 more down and I will be below 300!!! That has been a goal of major concern for me as you all know and I am ready!!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 01-11-2002, 12:10 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

Pam to bad the server went down as i had given you a very lengthy post of umph and encouragement. i can not remember what it all said but it was good. so you are doing great and keep up the great work.

I am holding my own trying how to tweak to start the weight loss back up. I am still droping the water from the holidays. Oh i just want to let you know that i have a small friend that want to say hi to you here she is walking across in front of the screen. her name is Aisia. I3 4hink ha 5rld lovfe her. well that was her hi she was helping me type!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 06:07 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

I just realized that anything I posted on 1/10 is gone. Bummer. Must have had something to do with that thing that kept me from getting on line yesterday am.

I am doing well. ANd am very pleased to have shown a loss and worked out 5 days in a row.

Pam Congrats on the loss I hope you are feeling better.

Sue, I had a long post to you about your enterprise which is gone

Dana How are you? missed the poem this week. ANy loss?

Terri and B00 how are you doing?

Well, I'd like another challenge for next week, Sue are you up for it?
Old 01-12-2002, 08:41 AM   #11  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello Buddies!

I was simply not able to get on to this site! I tried both going to my favorites and then to the main page. I was only ablt to get to the main page after many tires....then unable to get to the message board! No explaination! I am glad to see the weigh in thread started! I will go there next!

Not much to share! I am DOWN to PRE HOLIDAY WEIGHT! YIPEE! (I will share that on the weigh in thread.)

I love the Leslie Sansune walling tapes. In 1/2 hour after work we are managing to get a nice work-out. She has many variations and it makes it interesting. Anyone else try them?

On plan nicely. Made some stuffed peppers yesterday and have been getting that all important water in!

Not much else to say!

SOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD to see my buddies dropping some weight right now! I know it it onward and DOWNWARD with the hohlidays behind us! DARE TO DREAM....we are AWESOME!

Glad to be back ON LINE with you all! (That was weird last 2 days!)

Take care and have a great weekend!

Love,
Dana ( HOPEFUL.........THAT'S ME!!!)
Old 01-13-2002, 07:08 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Good Sunday morning everyone!

I have 6 days of OPness under my belt. I so want to weigh 229# next friday!!( my new years goal). That would make it a 3# weight loss this week which I know is doable, BUt something I think I have only done once in the past. Well we'll see. I will be greatful for any loss. I finally have that metal taste in my mouth again so the carb withdrawel is over.

DH is working this wekend so it has been pretty quiet around the house. Did house work yesterady and face more today. I have been considering entering a Master's program in the fall and really need to get on the stick and get some paperwork going. That will keep me busy again.

Dana , You are so close to the 100's. I am so excited for you! It is the beginning of winter, just think how wonderful you will look this summer!

SUe- How are you doing?

B00 and Terri

Pam

Well it looks like there is some blue sky peaking out. Yesterday it was 40 here and I saw the sun a little.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:50 PM   #13  

hi all. i have done horrible this weekend. i at least am still exercising. i don't know what happened. i think because i'm stuck and not losing anything it's depressing. not much in the talking mood today a little depressed i guess. i'll get back on track tomorrow though.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:51 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

I am here. Had a hard time getting on with the kids. DD has broken with her Bf so now she monopolizes the puter to play games!!! I can not get anything done with her here!!! I get other things done during the day but UGH!!!

Pat i do believe i read it!! And i did reply with the long post to Pam it to had dissapeared. I know you had said that youu were thinking of becoming a life coach???? that is absolutly great we have to bring that up agian. I think that is exactally what i am doing but with a different punch line but in essence I am a lifecoach. HHHMMM catch title i love it!!!

I am doing good this weekend but not takin in enough food!! it sure is funny saying that!!!!

I am tired so i will hit the sack so good night to all. I have a busy day tomoorow so i will not be able to get on untill late if dd has not taken the puter again!! I wish that she would just go a head and get it over with and make up with the kid!!! he is a love sick puppy!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 05:35 AM   #15  
Work in Progress

My posts are missing again!
I lost my posts last week and thought it had something to do with the maintenance they did. But everything I posted yesterday is gone too! ANyone got any ideas? I don't remember posting anything inappropriate that would cause myself to get censored.

Oh well,

I am still OP, Got 1 hour workout in yesterday. I am mad at the metal monster which isn't moving anywhere. I so want to be in teh 220's but that d*** thing won't copperate. UGH. BUT it will move at some point. I can't believe that I am putting on muscle that fast. I am thinnking of buying a size smaller pants to keep trying on to motivate myself .

How is everyone else doing?
Closed Thread