General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Default What the heck??

Okay, I posted about a week ago about a late period. Well, I thought I got it yesterday (after day 33, when my cycle is usually 28 days)...I had all the symptoms I usually have on the first day of my period, excpept I didn't have cramps, and it was pretty heavy. My bf and i had sex last night (w/ a condom), and now today it's completely gone, just a little bit of spotting. What the heck is going on?? I took two pregnancy tests b/c I'm almost never late, and they both came back negative. But now this is worrying me. I did have a lot of stress, like I mentioned in my earlier post, where I couldn't eat or sleep for a week at the start of my period in the last cycle. Could stress cause AF to be late and then really short?

I have made a doctor's appt., but I'd really like to get anyone's opinion or see if anyone else has experienced this before so I'm not freaking myself out until then.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

The only one that can give you the answer to calm your fears is your doctor.....
Old 11-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #3  

anyone?????? obviously i know that i need to go to the doctor, which is why i made the appointment. so it'd be nice to get some feedback rather than advice on something i already did.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #4  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Stress is probably the answer. I went through a similar phase in August, skipping that TOM and I am always like clockwork. So I was freaking out only to have the doctor say nothing was wrong! But do check it out with the doctor.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #5  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'7"

Change in eating habits, stress, lack of sleep...all guilty in menstrual factors.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I had a clock work period until I changed my eating habits and increased my exercise...

After that it became first slightly irregular, then very irregular then stopped altogether for about a year and then came back (again irregular) when I gained a few kilos back (was far to stick like before).

I went to see my doctor in the meantime and was told not to worry, it doesnt even really matter whether or not I have a period at all.

The first pill I went on also screwed around with my period causing spotting etc (and depression >.<) - the second one I tried I don't take the sugar pills and so have not had a period since. Life has never been better lol.

Livi
Old 11-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

when did you take the pregnancy test? You may have been pg then had an early miscarriage. (my sister went through about 12 of these), but chances are it is just the change in your eating and stress. I know that nothing will ease your mind until you talk to the doctor.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #8  

***Update***

I went to the doctor. Thing was, I thought my period had completely stopped, but I started bleeding again the next day, and I'm still bleeding with no cramps, so I went in early. She told me I had an anovulatory cycle (I didn't ovulate) due to more than likely stress, since everything else was normal. She said if I don't get back on track next cycle to make another appt, but she thinks I'll be fine.

So all that worrying for nothing!! LOL. I tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac.
Closed Thread