Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/103/107

Height: 5'3"

Default Is this considered diet cheating?

I had 2 "fun size" snicker bars. I needed the chocolate. Considering that's less than 200 calories total, and I watch what I eat the rest of the day, is it still considered cheating? I had it for breakfast, I am still full. I know it's not the best breakfast choice, but I needed the chocolate, lol!
It's true, Snickers does satisfy.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

I think you're the only one who can decide whether it's a "cheat", because you're the only one who knows your goals and what works for you.

Personally, I would've had it as a snack instead of breakfast, but that's because my blood sugar would plummet later in the day and I'd just be tempted to eat more. It may not work that way for you, so: I'm glad you enjoyed it and got right back on the ball. Have a great day!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #3  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

i agree, its up to you. somtimes chocolat can have that filling happy effect on us, but for me it just makes me want more. and hungry in about an hour.
i can t have any chocolate for this reason, but everyone is different
Old 11-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/103/107

Thanks everyone! I actually have no desire for more which is a good thing!

thanks for the reply!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #5  

if thats cheating, THEN IM IN TROUBLE, haha. i had alot more than 2 the other day, i just couldnt control myself. i am better now and its out of my system. just get back on track, thats whats its all about...
Old 11-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I agree that it's up to you, but if it were up to me I would say no. I usually have a small piece of chocolate or something sweet everyday, and I'm still losing. I think it's better to not deprive yourself, especially for me. If I do, I end up gorging myself.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #7  

I find it counterproductive (and a little silly) to think in terms of "diet" and "cheating". Diets end - and when they end, weight usually comes back. The way we eat should be sustainable over the long term. If you can't allow yourself a couple of Snickers every now and then, is that really going to be sustainable for you? Or will it make you eventually dive head-first into an entire bag of Snickers only to end up discouraged, frustrated, and feeling like a failure. Some people need to go cold turkey, I can understand that, but I think occasional treats are perfectly fine (as long as they ARE occasional) - I think it helps us not to feel deprived and, therefore, more likely to stay committed to healthy eating as a lifestyle change rather than a "diet".
Old 11-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #8  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I agree with 1tiredgradstudent... "cheating" as a concept just doesn't seem good to me. If this is a lifestyle then there is no cheating. Anyway it's great that you had some good chocolate and enjoyed it.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresurferchick View Post
I agree with 1tiredgradstudent... "cheating" as a concept just doesn't seem good to me. If this is a lifestyle then there is no cheating. Anyway it's great that you had some good chocolate and enjoyed it.
I agree with this. To me, the word "cheat" doesn't even exist in my vocabulary. This is a lifestyle change for me and if I want the occasional chocolate bar, I eat it.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #10  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I wouldn't say it was cheating.

I would rather eat a fun size snickers when I wanted a chocolate fix than a regular size bar. The fun size takes the edge off sometimes.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #11  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I eat chocolate extremely often and as long as you count it in your calories it's not cheating.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:21 AM   #12  
a brave new me...

I agree with the posts here... work on fitting in all sorts of foods you enjoy into a healthy diet that is within a healthy daily calories intake. I eat a small piece of chocolate every day and successfully lose weight.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:45 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I agree with everyone here. We are normal and human and I think we're expected to eat an occasional Snickers bar every now and then, although probably not for breakfast, but sometimes when the urge hits......

By the way who the heck invented those things? I am not his friend.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

One of the things I love about calorie counting is that there is no cheat foods. You can eat whatever you want as long as it fits.
You know that you're short changing your body nutrients, but it'll probably forgive you if you keep an even keel. A bit of candy won't hurt you.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #15  
Isa from Chile

S/C/G: 181/181/132

Height: 5.4

For me is cheeting, because if i only try one piece of candy my body will want more and more. So i prefer not even to smell it. Also if you eat candy you will have more apetite later and eat more, healthy or not
Closed Thread