Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:43 AM   #1  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Default Jenny Craig Members - November '06

It's November already. I can't believe it. I love this time of year with Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to. With a lot of will power, I'm hoping to still lose a little weight!
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/150

Hi Sunshine
I'm more than positive that you'll be able to make your goals throughout the holidays.
I do love this time of year, my absolute fav...except for all the leaves that need to be raked every other day...part of exercise so not complaining.
Does everyone have a plan for sticking to the program through the holidays ?
Good luck to all of us in November !

Be well everyone
H.
hermanita32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Everyone.

How did you make it past Halloween? I thought I did o.k., but today seems worse than yesterday. We had a potluck here at work yesterday and I had 1 cocktail weenie, fresh fruit, and a few candy corns as well as my normal JC meal. I thought that I did very, very well. I live in a condo, so I didn't have to buy any candy, so there, too, I think I was successful.

Well, today there are leftovers at work and I find myself nibbling a lot. I get a little scared of losing that focus! I can be a compulsive eater.

The good news is that more and more people are noticing the weight loss. I need to dwell on that. To borrow an old saying: nothing taste as good as thin feels.

We will all lose during the holidays!! There. I said it for all of us. It's o.k. if maybe we don't lose at the rate we do right now, but we will continue to lose. I think it is important that we all enjoy the holidays, even enjoying the foods we may love. If we are going to be sucessful in this process we need to be able to deal with our temptations. For me, I intend to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas and the foods I love to eat at these times, I just want to make sure that I enjoy them and then stop. I always let the holidays turn into a whole series of days that involve too much eating. If I can enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner and not make it into a Thanksgiving weekend that rolls all the way into January, I know that I'll be o.k.

Sunshine, I know you will be making your goal soon, too. You have been doing such a fantastic job at this. I hope you will continue to post in this forum to help the rest of us. You really have helped me in the last few weeks.

Hermanita, let me know how things are going. When do you have your first weigh-in?

Take care, everyone.
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:40 AM   #4  

Hi all:

I had my 1st weigh in ( well I weigh at home or the gym...but anyhoo) I lost 4.2 lbs. I am very excited about that.
I have decided to work this weight loss by setting mini goals in increments of 10. I have also decided to challenge myself at the gym by increasing the exercise that I already do. Without your stories and posts, I would not have been able to do this. Today for the first time in a long time I feel proud of me. Thanks guys. Let's continue to keep each other motivated, and welcoming others to join us as we achieve our goals together !

How is everyone doing ? Wishing everyone a great day !

H.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #5  

Hey everyone!
I've done JC in past and had great results, so when I found myself unable to lose my pregnancy weight 8 months after I had my daughter, I decided to join up again. I started wednesday, and I'm already down 5 lbs I hope everyone else is doing well!
Katiebobatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #6  

I hope you don't mind me joining in here!

I've just rejoined JC last week.....My first WI is tomorrow morning at 8. I am trying very hard not to get on the scale. I tend to weight myself daily (several times a day) and just get totally discouraged. So, since I haven't been getting on the scale, I have no idea what tomorrow will hold! I have stayed OP all week, so it has to be good

How do you all stay motivated? Right now, I just want to go out and binge so bad, but that is what helped me to gain all the weight in the first place. I can never stick to a program for more than a couple of days. I have faithfully done JC for 7 days now, which is longer than I've ever done a program!
hzrdus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #7  

Hi all.
How's everyone doing today ?

Welcome hzrdus7 and katiebobatie!

hzrdus7- you sound just like me ! I definitely find the motivation I need here on this board, everyone is ultra supportive. Knowing that there are people who are going through what I'm going through and they've accomplished what I hope to accomplish keeps me motivated. This is the first time in my life that I've ever stayed on a plan for more than 1 week...big accomplishment. Keep visiting and keep posting, believe that you can do it and you will...good luck in achieving your goals.

Be well everyone.

H.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #8  

Thank you hermanita32 for the welcome

My WI was this morning and I was down exactly 3.0 pounds. I was hoping for a little more, but I'm happy with that.

The last time I tried JC I did not have any support from friends or family. This time, my friends are trying to support me (basically by just not asking me to go to lunch at work daily, which I asked them to do) and my husband is also trying to eat healthy so I think I will have a better shot at it this time. Plus, with this message board, I think I have all the help I need!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/157/160

Height: 5'7"

Default VCR/Tivo Alert

Just in case you haven't seen it in some of the other threads, Kirstie Alley will be on Oprah on Monday 11/6. It's the bikini episode. (Thought I'd say something since I always seem to miss these shows).

I'll introduce myself later as I'm at work and probably shouldn't be posting.
wntrdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/191.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default New to Jenny Craig - need advice on food selections - which entrees are dried?

Hi! I'm a new Jenny Craig participant... today was Day 3 and so far I'm sticking to the program (and ready to eat my arm!) I've done many other diets, and all have worked, but I have a terrible habit of giving up towards the end and going back to my usual eating habits... which puts me 10-15 lbs. over my starting point in about 6 months. I obviously have underlying issues as to *why* I eat, and I know what they are, but I can't get past them! This time I want to be held more accountable so I'm hoping that a one-on-one consultant will help. I've only been to the initial consultation with a manager and have yet to have my first weigh-in with my regular consultant (next Wednesday). I hope it's someone I can connect with! Anyway, I've been looking at the different foods JC offers and was wondering if anyone knew which foods are frozen and which are dried? I'd like to make a list of foods that I think I would like (to save time), but I am definitely not interested in the dried varieties (unless someone here can whole-heartedly recommend one!) May this lifestyle change/diet attempt be my LAST!

Tammy
tamfielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:47 AM   #11  

Tammy,

If you are looking at a food brochure, the Shelf Stable/Dry foods have a little suitcase icon next to them indicating that they are suitable for travel & the frozen foods have a snowflake (providing that I'm remembering correctly.)

I don't think I can "whole-heartedly" recommend any of the shelf stable items. I do enjoy the swedish meatballs (had them for lunch tonight) and the chili is good. I find that most of the italian based shelf stable stuff reminds me of chef boyardee and I've never particularly been a fan, though I try them every once in a while just to remind myself that I don't really care for them. I mostly eat the frozen entrees. I feel the quality is a better and it's worth the extra money.

Good luck on your first meeting. I hope you get a consultant that you click with. I've been with my consultant for a year and a half and I'm grateful that we get along so well.

Dove.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #12  

tamfielder - The consultants do help keep you accountable. I know when I was previously on the program, I would dread my consultation if I knew I had a bad week 'cause I would have to explain in to my consultant! They are usually very nice and helpful.

I personally like the Mashed Potatoes and Beef and Gravy shelf stable item. I find it to be pretty tasty. The tuna salad is eadible, but very small (like most other items). If you sign in to their website, you can set up your entire menu and take it in with you to the consultation to save some time. That's what I do.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199/191.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hmmm... I can't tell online whether the food is frozen or not... there's no suitcase or snowflake next to any of the items... at least not where I can see them anyway... and they won't let me take home a brochure with the icons on it. Would anyone be willing to look at the list below and put an "F" or "S" next to the items that are "F"rozen or "S"helf? And maybe a * next to the ones you think are decent? I cut and pasted the list of lunches and dinners from the website, removing the items you've already mentioned and that I've already received for week 1. I tried to put together a menu online but the system won't let me. I'm assuming that I have to complete my second week of the planned menu before I can customize... even though they already let me swap out several items from week 1, which is what I plan to do with week 2 but I wanted to research the foods from home before going in so I can make those changes quickly when I'm there since I have a toddler to hurry back to. They must have a way of restricting new members on the website. Anyway, here's the list I need help with (and thanks so much for the encouraging words and advice so far!!!):

Bean with Ham & Bacon Soup
Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potato
Chicken Stuffed Sandwich
Creamy Potato Soup
Garden Vegetable Soup
Homestyle Chicken with Noodles
Jenny's Personal Pizza
Rotini with Meatballs
Southwestern Chicken with Rice & Beans
Spinach & Cheese Tortellini
Thai Lemongrass Chicken with Noodles
Vegetable Beef Soup
Beef Sirloin with Rice
Beef Steak Portobello
Chicken Pasta Parmesan
Fish & Chips
Florentine Ravioli
Island Style Chicken
Jenny's Rising Crust Pizza
Lentils with Beef
Macaroni & Cheese
Pasta Fagioli
Penne Pasta
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Traditional Lasagna
Turkey Chili
Vegetable & Chicken Potstickers
tamfielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #14  

I'll answer the ones that I know....I'm pretty limited on what I eat

Bean with Ham & Bacon Soup - Soups usually canned
Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potato- F
Chicken Stuffed Sandwich-F
Creamy Potato Soup
Garden Vegetable Soup
Homestyle Chicken with Noodles
Jenny's Personal Pizza - F
Rotini with Meatballs
Southwestern Chicken with Rice & Beans
Spinach & Cheese Tortellini
Thai Lemongrass Chicken with Noodles
Vegetable Beef Soup
Beef Sirloin with Rice
Beef Steak Portobello
Chicken Pasta Parmesan
Fish & Chips -F *
Florentine Ravioli
Island Style Chicken
Jenny's Rising Crust Pizza
Lentils with Beef
Macaroni & Cheese - I Think F
Pasta Fagioli
Penne Pasta
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Traditional Lasagna
Turkey Chili - Shelf Stable
Vegetable & Chicken Potstickers
Old 11-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #15  

I'll go ahead and build off the previous list. SS-Shelf Stable

Bean with Ham & Bacon Soup - Soups usually canned
Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potato- F
Chicken Stuffed Sandwich-F
Creamy Potato Soup-Canned (For the sake of being complete )
Garden Vegetable Soup-SS
(This is actually dry. Just add water. I didn't like it when I started but I should give it a try again. My consultant has said she has many clients that enjoy it.)
Homestyle Chicken with Noodles- SS
(I always forget but I really like this one too since I generally don't eat the dry stuff. It's like a hearty chicken noodle soup. I put some goldfish on top as you get to add 2 lowfat crackers and a 1/2 oz of cheese.)
Jenny's Personal Pizza - F
I enjoy this with a sprinkling of soy sausage crumbles from morningstar that I get from King Soopers (Kroger Chain). If you keep the serving small enough you can count it as one of your limited free foods. (A serving is 2/3 of a cup, 90kCal and 2.5g/fat. I usually use about a tablespoons worth.)
Rotini with Meatballs-SS
Southwestern Chicken with Rice & Beans-SS
Spinach & Cheese Tortellini-SS (canned)
Thai Lemongrass Chicken with Noodles-F
Vegetable Beef Soup-Canned
Beef Sirloin with Rice-F
Beef Steak Portobello-F
Chicken Pasta Parmesan-SS
Fish & Chips -F *
I really like this one too. It's just like the fish & chips I used to get in elementary school. The girls at my center swear by cooking it in the oven but I like it just fine out of the microwave with a little ketchup to stand in for tartar sauce.
Florentine Ravioli-F
Island Style Chicken-SS
Jenny's Rising Crust Pizza-F
This one has to be cooked in the oven. I usually only get it in the winter and since I usually take my dinners to work with me I cook it ahead of time and eat it cold at work. It gets pretty chewy, but still tasty.
Lentils with Beef-SS
Macaroni & Cheese - I Think F (yes, F)
Another favorite. I think it's better than any other low cal mac and cheese on the market. The key is the layer of really cheese on top. It get really nice and chewy.
Pasta Fagioli-SS
Penne Pasta-F
Sweet & Sour Chicken-SS
Traditional Lasagna-F
Turkey Chili - Shelf Stable
Vegetable & Chicken Potstickers-F
This one has some firm tofu chunks in it. They took me a while to get used to but now this dish is one of my staples. The actual potstickers are really tasty and it's got edamame too.

When I first started (and a couple of times since then since I tend to lose things) I got a brochure called the Personalized Menu Planner. It lists all of the foods with icons indicating what is meatless, shelf stable and frozen foods and also lists exchanges for dining out. I would ask for one even if you are still on the planned menus. I found it helpful to keep track of which foods I really liked and hated.

And if you are feeling restricted by the planned menus or are a really picky eater ask to go personalized. You are the customer after all. I went personalized from week one because I had budget constraints (and I'm picky). It has gotten to the point that I've got the foods so memorized that I just pick the number of lunches, dinners and snacks that I need (I do all of my breakfasts on my own for the most part) and mix and match according to how I feel that particular day. It also makes it easier to match up your meals to your families if you need to. (I know a number of people will do things like eat the rising crust pizza if the rest of their family wants delivery.)

And regarding the "eating your arm" syndrome, use your free foods. They help alot. I add a huge salad (usually larger than prescribed by the menu)and an extra veggie to every meal ('cept breakfast) to add fiber and bulk to my meals. I also eat a lot of baby carrots and sugar-free jello too (one or two of the cool whips count as a limited free food. just check the nutritionals). And remember that sometimes drinking water when you feel hungry can also help as you could be dehydrated.

Hope this helps,
Dove