Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #1  
Deb

S/C/G: 210/206/145

Height: 5'6"

Arrow The differences in scales

I have two scales at home - one plain ol' ordinary scale and one with the body fat thingy. Both scales were upstairs in the same bathroom. I'd stopped using the body fat one for awhile because I got tired of being in the "HIGH" section all the time.

So, first thing this morning before showering, I stepped on both scales. The body fat one said 210.8 (I didn't check the body fat calculator this time. I already know I'm still in the HIGH range). I came upstairs and checked on the other scale and it was 207! I know there's always a difference between the home scale and a doctors office, but I didn't realize there could be that much of a difference in home scales. Kinda upsetting - ya think?

I will now stick to one scale - the body fat one - even though it shows me as being heavier than the other. It will be the first one I see in the morning, so I'll use it most. Maybe the heavier weight will be more of an inspiration?

I'm not too sure I like this particular discovery, but at least I found it early in my weight loss journey so I know to use only one scale and not both.

Deb B. in VA
Blank65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

It is often the case that no two sets of scales weigh a person identically. It also varies on the surface you are weighing on. Mine are the same, mine weigh me heavier than my boyfriends so I am using mine.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #3  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Put a 5 lb weight on each one and see which ones more accurate and just use that one.
snuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #4  
Deb

S/C/G: 210/206/145

Arrow

What a great idea! I knew it was a good idea to join this group!

Thanks so much,

Deb B. in VA
Blank65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:29 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Don't get too discouraged by the scales. I have 2 scales and I can move each of them around in the house and change my weight by 10 pounds. The stupid electronic one even weighs me a different weight every single time I step on it! I just judge my progress by how my clothes fit anymore.......
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #6  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

I just have one of the old-school at home ones, that has the little knob on the front that you have to adjust, to get it to zero. Anyway, it weighs me almost 10 pounds lighter than my friend's electronic one.

But, I still use it because it's the one I've got and I don't want to spend the money on a different one... and who knows, maybe it's the one that's right?! I'll still be able to tell if I'm losing or not, so that's what counts for me.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote