Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default 8 pounds off!

I've been back on Atkins since Monday. Lost 8 pounds already. I'm SO happy to be back on the wagon. It seems to me the only diet that helps me to actually drop some weight. Most of the time I feel completely frustrated with even trying and too tempted by junk food to even care.

Atkins diet Rocks!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:44 PM   #2  
searching 4 the real me

Sherry!! That is amazing!!! I take it your in the induction phase. I was on Atkins awhile back and lost alot of weight. That was the only diet that worked for me. I need to get back on track and start it again. I still have alot of weight to shed. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of meals and snacks have been working for you? I'm planning to start back on Atkins on Sunday.
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:18 AM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

Meals and snacks? Well I've been taking ham or roast beef (sliced up) with some cheese to work for lunch. I wrap the meat around the cheese and eat it that way. For dinner, chicken, or steak or hamburger. We had brocolli last night wit our meal, tonight the kids and hubby ate spaghetti, and I had a hamburger patty with spaghetti sauce on it.

For snacks? I've been making some smoothies with water, ice, splenda syrup, strawberries and cream when I need a treat. The strawberries aren't exactly induction faire, but I am not consuming many carbs in other forms, so I'm getting by with it.

Drinking lots of water, not too many veggys yet, although I did have some frozen mixed veggys the other night that I stir fried along with some sausage, and a little flavoring.

I made cube steak on top of the stove with spices and served with green chile salsa on top.

Sometimes when doing this plan (though not since Monday) I make "taco salad" without the chips. I will brown some steak with bell peppers and onion and tomatoes and soy sauce and then serve it over a lot of lettuce with sour cream, salsa and cheese on top. The only problem with that meal is all the salt in the soy sauce can sometimes cause a little water retention for a day or two. It is Atkins friendly, but the salt can make the scale look higher until it has gone away again.

There are a lot of wonderful food you can eat on Atkins. My biggest problem with it is when I start allowing too many low carb treats into the diet. Things like sugar free pudding or sugar free chocolate. I have to limit those things or I can tend to get carried away. I do buy them, because just having them makes me feel more in control, like I can have some little sweet treat if I need it, but I don't have to and usually try not to because I lose faster if I don't go that direction.

I know that most of what I've lost is just water weight so far. I don't care because I'm so heavy and my joints often hurt so any weight off, water or otherwise is better for my knees and back. I do think more than water is coming off though.

Atkins is my favorite method of losing. The only one that really works well for me. I guess I just don't have the self control for the other ways of doing this.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Awesome Sherry!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Great job Sherry!

(PS: Are you the Sherry who a few months ago lost weight by fasting? That was a fascinating thread!)
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:20 AM   #6  
300+ Chick

Thumbs up

Bravo!! Keep it going!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #7  

Congrat's Sherry....that' s awesome!!!!!!

hugs,
liv
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

FABULOUS Sherry!!!!

That's the best part about atkins, the results are so encouraging.
keep it up!!!
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote