Old 10-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Height: 5'4

Red face Help

I need a little support on losing weight and exercising. I am 32 and at a whopping 215 lbs, I am also have diabetes and would love to learn to get this very large stomach off of me. My family thinks that I look great for my weight and I don't so I am asking for as much help as I can get. My problem is where do I start. I like to eat chocolate and eat late at night when my kids are in bed and my husband is either asleep or at work. Please help me to get on the right track.
ladyknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hello and welcome. You've come to the right place! You'll find lots of wonderful encouragement and support here at 3FC.
Do you have a free account at fitday.com? You could begin by entering everything you ate yesterday. It'll be a shocker but if all you have to do is eat less and move more .... it'll give you a good place to start.
All the best to you!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:29 AM   #3  

Thank you. I have not heard of fitday.com. I will go there and see. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Check out **********.com. Some people like fitday, some don't but either one is good if it helps you track food/water/exercise.

Something that helps me is to get rid of the junk food in the house so when the munchies hit I only have healthy choices available to me.

Pick one thing (food/exercise/water, no late-night snacking, whatever) and commit to just that change and after you've got it firmly established, go for another one.

I think you are doing the right thing to worry about your health whether or not your family things you are doing ok.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by Sandi; 10-30-2006 at 04:46 PM. Reason: fixed website
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

You've received great suggestions for starting so far!

The other thing you will probably want to start thinking about is exercise!! Are you exercising at all right now??
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

This is a great place for help. Just read often and post often and things will start to fall into place. You can do it.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

to the board

Please remember that there are no silly questions, and that together, we CAN do this!

Make yourself at home and post often so we can get to know you better, OK?

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #8  

Default help

Thanks to everyone. I am trying to do my best. But it is so hard. I started walking about 2 weeks ago with a friend and we walk about 4 day a week. I am enjoying the walks. It also helps to have friends like you to encourage me. But as far as the sweets go they are mostly for my kids. I try my very best to stay away from them. My problem is late at night. I guess when I get that feeling at night I will go take a walk. We live on 20 acres and I have plenty of room to walk at night without bothering anyone. Do any of you eat fruit? I am trying the Adkins diet and I like bananas and can't have them. What do I do? How often do you weigh yourselves? Again thanks for the advice and the warm welcomes.

Julie
Old 10-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #9  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

!!!
  • Eating chocolate - if you have to eat it (I do!), try to stick with the dark chocolate.
  • Eating late at night - you're going to need to replace that with something else (walking or other exercise, reading, knitting, etc.) unless you stay up really late.
  • As far as Adkins goes, it's been so many years since I tried that one I may not be remembering it correctly, but I believe that after the first 2 weeks you are allowed to add in fruits. So try to hang in there!
  • Weighing - I do it daily (even though I've been kicking the scales for the last few days!!! ).

I never can pick out one thing that I think is the most important in weight loss but these are at the top of my list:
  • Don't eat anything after 7:30 to allow it time to digest before I go to bed.
  • Write down everything! If I chew a piece of gum I write it down!! It sounds silly, but the little things you don't normally think about add up!!
  • Exercise
  • Drink water, lots of water.
  • Don't trust your eyes - weight/measure everything whenever possible (I even go so far as to keep measuring cups in my purse!!).

I look forward to seeing more posts from you! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:48 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome. Feel free to join us in the Atkins forum if you haven't already. I know that with Atkins, the fruit is limited. But, I have eaten as much fruit as I have wanted from day 1 and still reached my goal. I do eat bananas, apples, oranges, pineapple, watermelon, cantalope and strawberries. For some reason it doesn't ever cause me to gain. I have to stuck to the basic atkins plan, only ate more fruit and less fat.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:50 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

to the forum! There is lots of great advice here and lots of support!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM   #12  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

great place to be!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #13  

Default Sick

Hi everyone sorry I have not posted but was in the hospital for a very awful stomach virus and with diabetes that threw my blood sugar out of control. My mother who came to take me to the doctor found my passed out and could not wake me. So I ended up in the ER and with 2 IV's in me. But am home now. I lost 8 lbs in one day with this virus. I am feeling better now and on my way to losing this stomach of mine. Thank you all for you advice.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #14  

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...22f/weight.png