Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 03:55 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default #142 - Walking the walk

Hi everyone!! Starting a new thread since the old one was at 2 pages.

My weekend didn't go as well as planned. I exercised on Saturday and then promptly pulled a muscle in my calf. Still hurts, so the exercise is on hold. I did OK with the eating. I haoping to see some results on Wednesday when I weigh in.

It's been exciting to see al the great threads that have been started up lately.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 01-07-2002, 08:54 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

STaying OP today for day 7!!! WHOO HOO I made it through TOM start so i know i will be good for the rest of the month (even for neices birthday!!!)
Old 01-08-2002, 09:51 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Talking Way to go!!!

Good Job Sue!! 7 days is awesome, and through TOM. Good job! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-08-2002, 11:48 AM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all, how is everyone doing? I've been really good these past few days. Everything seems back on track and going to stay there. I started walking at the mall for exercise, they open earlier 3 days a week for people just to walk around. Mostly seniors, I think there was a few others my age but not many, I saw one other woman with her baby in a stroller. It is mostly too cold out now to take the baby out for a walk at least how long I want to go out. I would usually be out for an hour and that is too long no matter how much I bundle him up. It is supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow so hopefully we can get outside for a walk. I've also been riding my exercise bike and doing some stretching. I need to start doing some weight training soon, that is my next step.

Sue - congrats on your 7 days! and through your TOM too, that is usually when I start snacking like there is no tomorrow!

Sandy - hope your leg is better and you can exercise again soon.

Take care all, have a great day!
Old 01-08-2002, 11:58 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

I usually hit the rocks during TOM It snuck up on me so I have no idea how I did it!!!

Going strong today so fat it is too early to boast of day 8 so i will wait till later today.

I did exercise hard today elliptical for 30 min 450 cals and weights hard effort for 45 min!!
Old 01-08-2002, 01:11 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Today I brought my lunch, but I had to run an errand. The whole time I was gone, all I could think was that I was going to run by McDonalds and get a fry. I am back at work and proud to say that I did NOT go by McDonald's. It's a small victory, but I think it's going to take one small victory at a time.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:47 PM   #7  

Wasn't sure which thread so I copied my reply to this one too!! Sorry

Hello Everyone!!

I don't know if anyone remembers me. It's probably been a year since I've last visited.

I haven't really had a chance to read all prior posts so I'm gonna just try to catch up as I go on. Not sure if I know most of you or not. Looking
forward to knowing you all.

Brief summary:

-weight problem my entire life. up down up down

-7 years ago lost 75 pounds and was done to 175.

-Bam-got pregnant-gained 45-had son and gained and gained and gained and gained.

-joined ww and starting posting here around 2(?) years ago-lost 20 or so-got discouraged and stopped.

-saw a therapist and recognized the "eating disorder" (complusive overeating and depression)

-past year talked and talked but never acted

- I think something might have clicked I hope so anyway! i JOINED A GYM TODAY!!!!!!

Since I obsess over food, whether I'm eating out of control or dieting, I'm trying a different approach. Thought I'd try to excercise and try to get in shape and if I'm less stressed I won't binge as much!!

Anyway, this is one of the few places I could share my excitement. Not many people understand how hard it is for someone over 250 pounds to
join a gym.

Can't report the weight yet. I have not been weighed in. I go Thursday nite to work with a personal trainer and set up my workout.

Keep your fingers crossed for me

Hope to check in soon.
Old 01-08-2002, 04:49 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Willy - welcome back. I know what it's like to come and go. I think that exercise is a big part of this whole thing. Good luck!! Hope to hear more from you!
Old 01-08-2002, 05:41 PM   #9  

Default congratulations

Sandi....
Congrats to you for passing up the
McD's fries (which are soooo delicious).
Old 01-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #10  
Jen

Sandi, you have my congrats as well for passing up McD's!! I love their fries too, and practically everything else they make!!

Willy - nice to have you back, hope we see more of you around here, congrats on joining the gym, it's a great positive step.

I've been snacking my face off for the past couple of hours, nothing really horrible, some carrot sticks, low fat graham crackers, and finally I got into some left over Skorr bites that we had around Xmas when I was going to make cookies with them but decided not to because I'd probably be the only one eating them. Luckily there wasn't all that many left so they are definately gone and I won't be buying any more. It is my TOM coming up though I know that shouldn't be an excuse. After the chocolate I decided that I'd better get my rear in here and get some moral support. Just posting and reading other posts helps out a lot. Well I'm going to go hit the exercise bike now and work some of that chocolate off. Take care all, see you tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2002, 09:39 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

Over did the fat but still sayed under 2000 cals Just bearly!!! and did stay under the cal burned area.

DAy 8 OP for me!

Welcome back Willi and great on passing the fries HHHMMM I wonder what is on my mind!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 04:19 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Angry Hi all!!!

Well another small victory for today!! I was in the kitchen at work and the peanut butter cups were calling my name, but then I said "NO!!!" and am now drinking a V8. Yahhhhh. I think my weight loss today was pretty motivating!!

Sue - 8 days OP - Great job!!!!!

Jen - Your snacks were sooo healthy, (skorr bites don't count, it was just a few!) Did you work that chocolate off??
Old 01-09-2002, 10:21 PM   #13  
gbo

Hello Darlins, It has been a nasty week the old pseudo tumor has caused me endless massive headaches. It is attempting to get back to me even as we speak....This is not a fun thing!
I have been OP 6 day's I will not claim that today as I did have one onion ring which means I am not totally OP today. Schwans has the best Vadila onion rings! I made them for the family and fully admit they are my super favorite things. Usually I cook and then serve and leave the area but today Hubby wanted to talk to me and I lost the battle. I know to leave and should have just done so. Oh well. As you all know I have been gone for a couple of months and was afraid to climb on the scale after all that time , Holidays and over two months of TOM. I did before I came back and was stunned and delighted to see I had gained but only 6 lbs. Which is a lot but for me that was a miracle unto itself. I was so afraid I had gained back 15-20 which has occured before now.

I have sneaked a peak and while weigh in is Friday for me I have gone from the 308 last Friday to 304 two more lbs and I will be where I ended here several months ago. I knew I made the right decision. 302 was where I had lost too. My weight loss was I had started at 340 and had lost 38 lbs. While I will register my weight loss this week I will not count it until it drops below 302. After all it is only relosing what I had gained back. This time I shall get below 300 and soon too! I am not so desperate this time and must keep from that attitude. I get jimmied up everytime I get all desperate. Once I am below 300 my short terned goal is 289 what I weighed when I Married my Hubby nine years ago. * Wedding picture in the profile section.

Anyone heard from Lee? I haven't even recieved response fffto my e-mails and am frankly concerned.
Love you all
Pam
PS. Still shelling pecans, when done I will have shelled 199 pounds of pecans. These nails are a mess!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:48 PM   #14  
Jen

Hi all. Got my TOM today, but I didn't get the massive headaches that I have gotten the past 2 cycles, knock on wood that I won't get them either. I would normally weigh in tomorrow but with my TOM I will postpone it til next week as I can easily gain 5 lbs with water retention and that would be really depressing to see!

gbo - I'm really happy to see you back! I was looking through the pics yesterday and was wondering where some people have got to, you must have been hearing my thoughts! A 6 lbs gain isn't too bad especially over several months, I gained 5 lbs last month!!

Sandi - sadly no I didn't get to the exercise bike, I think the baby got to fussing just then and I never got back to it after that. I have been keeping up with my walking though, at least 3 miles 5 or 6 times a week. Congrats on saying NO to those PB cups, what willpower!!
Old 01-11-2002, 12:13 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

OOOHHH IT is hard to walk the walk!!! I so want to just go out and eat a whole bunch of junk right now!! I know that i would regret it but i sure would like to do it!!

Go girls you all are on a roll!!!
Closed Thread