Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 01:53 PM   #1  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Default Help.................

I want a BROWNIE..............

Someone brought brownies to work today and they are setting on the "community food table". They look sooooo good. I have been walking past that pan all day and ignoring it. Now that I have had my healthy lunch(flax seed lavash wrap) it is all I can do to keep going past it. I can not have one it would not fit into my day. I just get so aggrivated, there is food on that table every day and people around here just don't understand why they are overweight...................
Old 10-31-2006, 01:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Take a deep breath (away from the aroma of the brownies) and say to yourself "I am better than the brownie and I do not need it." Then walk away from the table and do not return to the table today.
You can do it!!!! Think about how rotten you'll feel IF you eat it.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:56 PM   #3  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

They're overweight because they don't have the will to stay away from the brownies. You, on the other hand, DO, and that's why you will not be overweight!

I read a good quote once; it was about ice cream, but it fits here too: [That brownie] is not Mount Everest; you don't have to eat it just because it's there.

Good luck, and stay strong!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:57 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Would just a bite of the brownies satisfy you or would it make it even worse? I've been finding lately that I can actually just have one bite of something and be satisfied and get it out of my system and be done with it. But if you don't think you could then it doesn't pay to start. If one bite won't cut it try to time yourself, give yourself 30 mins and then another 30 mins and before you know it you"ll be home. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:58 PM   #5  
Mom of 4

Thax guys ya know it really helps just to have someone else tell me no sometimes.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #6  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

When I'm feeling really tempted (I work right next to a bakery!!), I head over to the Goal and Mini-Goal Pictures and look at them. Works like a charm for me.

And look at all your happy dances! Don't sabotage that!
Old 10-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "fed"up View Post
I've been finding lately that I can actually just have one bite of something and be satisfied and get it out of my system and be done with it.
That works for me sometimes, but it works best when there is someone else right there to eat the rest of the brownie . Like if my SO is eating a brownie and I take a bite of his. If I have to have the resolve to throw the rest of the brownie in the garbage, I'm not sure it would work so well.

RRVMMM - do something nice for yourself for avoiding the brownies. Maybe buy yourself a CD or book that you've wanted or treat yourself to a pedicure. It's hard to walk past a plate of brownies all day and not have one, you deserve a (non-food) reward.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

I am having almost the same issue. I just bought the halloween candy
for tonight and it is sitting right behind me and I really want some
chocolate -So when I went to Wal-mart to get the candy (I waited
till the last day) I also picked-up some mixed fruit so now I am going to eat
that instead and hope that works.

Good Luck to you, you can do it.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:43 PM   #9  
a brave new me...

DON'T DO IT!! Even if you could fit it into your program... you will feel crappy afterwards. I did just this exact thing today. Had cake and a small scoop of ice cream for breakfast! I counted the points into my daily intake but let me tell you I felt awful when I was finished. Actually I didn't even finish the cake. Its been tormenting for the last several days and I thought today I would fit a piece in but I REGRET IT. Not worth it. My body deserves healthy, nutritious food and this is a lesson learned. The only good thing I take out of it is that I am starting to lose my taste for unhealthy food! WHOO HOO!!
Old 10-31-2006, 02:54 PM   #10  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Well everyone is different that is for sure. There are certain sweets I am crazy about like chocolate or banana cream pie but others i am better about. But still goodies are tempting for me! One morning my dh and I went out for coffee and donuts. I had a bagel with cream cheese and he had donuts. In the past i would of loved to of had some. But they are just not worth it to me now. If I splurge it will be on pie! But what I love to do in situations like that is to smell it! I don't know why. But if I know I am not going to eat something, yet it is there I want to smell it! haha As long as it isn't one of my favs I am good to go.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #11  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
But what I love to do in situations like that is to smell it! I don't know why. But if I know I am not going to eat something, yet it is there I want to smell it!

I thought I was the only one who did that!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:11 PM   #12  
Mom of 4

I think the smelling it would make it worse but I'm not sure. I have never tried it and am afraid to.

There are only 3 brownies left now so hopefully the rest will go quickly. I wish I could avoid that table but it is right outside my office door and I have to walk past it all the time.

I can do this, I can do this.

Don't know why it is bothering me today other than I love brownies.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:27 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

As for the annoying food all the time, and people wondering why they are overweight in your office... Tomorrow, why don't you take in a HUGE bowl of fruit?
Closed Thread