Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-29-2006, 06:04 AM   #1  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

Arrow CALORIES vs EXERCISE

OK, so this is gonna sound a bit stupid proberly, but im confussed.
I knwo when you exercise your suppose to increase your calorie intake, to adjust for the burning off when working out.
but by how much?
see wheni run (acording to online) i burn about 300 cals... but i dont want to obviously eat another 300 cals extra that day, seems a bit pointless to me.

i eat about 1300-1400 cals averagly daily, while exercising, so should i even go up at all?
what happends if i dont eat any extra calories?
Any help would be appreciated
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #2  
Meg

I can understand why you're confused. If you eat to make up for the calories you burn off with exercise, you've defeated the main point of the exercise, right? Pretty much cancelled out all your hard work? And that doesn't make sense.

How do you feel at the calorie level you're at right now? Do you have energy or are you exhausted a lot of the time? Do you have trouble finishing your workouts? Are you really squ-e-e-zing as much nutrition as you can from your calories?

Those answers will tell you if you need to increase a bit or if you're OK where you are. You don't have to increase your calories, but at your weight, 1300 - 1400 is a little bit on the low side and you could go up 100 - 200 a day and still lose fine, I think. But if you're going to add calories, please make them healthy and packed with nutrients, like protein, fiber, and vitamins.

Best of luck to you - you're doing great!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:30 AM   #3  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

thanks for the reply....
im told by everyone for my weight i should go up a bit, but i feel fine eating what i am, and i worry eating more, well it may throw me a bit..i have over endulged on days when i go up to 1400, nevermind any higher.
I dont feel exhausted when running, i do get stitches in my neck though...but i think its because of lack of exercise done in life rather then anything else. I never feel dizzy just hot and tired like you should do lol.
Im eating alot of fruit and veg and the main part of my diet, although last few days i have eatedn less f+v because we have run out, off shopping today though.
as long as people think i will still loose ok, and not hurt myself. im happy :-)
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:39 AM   #4  
Meg

No, I don't think you'll hurt yourself, as long as you're feeling good and have energy.

But if you ever find yourself dragging around and running out of energy, don't be afraid to add in a little more healthy food.

Keep up the good work!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote