Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 05:27 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Planning for Thursday, Oct. 26

Bah, yesterday became such a busy day at work that I literally did not even have time to microwave my Lean Cuisine. Instead, since I was in meetings from 9:30am till after 4pm, the company bought us sandwiches and chips so we could have lunch DURING the meeting, so everyone stayed in the conference room. I even had had to sneak out earlier under the guise of having to pee just to eat my pbj sandwich! So yeah, instead of Lean CUisine, I had a sandwich and chips. Oh, and a couple handfuls of peanut M&Ms during the last stretch of meeting AND (good lord, there's more??) Jeff and I had some banana creme flavored sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding with a banana sliced in it after dinner. I ended the day at less than 2300--not my goal of 1800, but still better than it could have been, considering.

I should have known better than to peek at the scale this morning. I knew it might be up a little from extra sodium and whatnot, but TOM was rearing his ugly head (due to start any minute now...which could also explain the severe case of the munchies I had on Tuesday), and I was up almost 5 pounds I'm going to go ahead and just sweep that weight under the rug and weigh again when TOM departs

Anyway, got up and did my 30-minute workout again this morning, so exercise is done. Not sure about food for today, but hopefully maybe something like this:
  • strawberries and "cheesecake" stuff
  • Carnation breakfast drink
  • yogurt
  • pbj sandwich
  • Lean Cuisine - chicken parm
  • 2 Morningstar Farms chik patties on wheat buns w/slice of ham and Swiss cheese (kinda like a mock chicken cordon bleu sandwich?)
Old 10-26-2006, 06:41 AM   #2  
Wen I'm thin fat'll be in

S/C/G: 162.8/156.2/143 (pounds)

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Talking

Gurl,
You sound like me!
Anyway,I'm writing coz I love your attitude. You have positivity oozing out of the negative!
Hope we can stay in touch and best of luck on your journey!
Old 10-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Smile

Jillybean - I give you and all the ladies who are out there in the workforce soooo much credit. I could absolutely never, ever do what you are doing. The temptation would just be too great for me, what with meetings and all and peanut M&M's, PEANUT M&M's, I mean peanut M&M's (you may have noticed you hit a sore spot with me). I am a SAHM and I work from my home as well and I always complained how hard it was being home and trying to lose weight what with the fridge just feet away, but now I'm begining to see it's not necessarily a bad thing. I am now dreading the day when I have to go out into the "real world" and deal with deli sandwiches and chips and xmas parties and umm yeah - peanut M&M's.

Give yourself a big pat on the back girl, what with your early morning workouts and all that nasty temptation in your face. Have a great day!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #4  
Fat-be-gone

Br: honey bunches of oats, yogurt, banana
Sn: cantaloupe
Exercise: 30 min walk
Lu: spaghetti squash w/pasta sauce and chicken
Sn: apple, string cheese
exercise: 30 min walk, 30 min cardio + strength
Di: italian sausage w/potatoes and veggies, rice, salad

Last edited by Rosario; 10-26-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #5  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

So...the past week has been very hard. We're officially moved in but the entire house is a mess. My kitchen is so much smaller than my parents' and I keep finding things that I need but just don't have.

Breakfast
  • 1 egg
  • 1 piece of toast
  • Apple slices
  • Banana slices
  • 2% milk

Lunch
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Rice
  • Steamed Veggies

Dinner
  • Not sure yet, we're eating out
Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

Thanks, Soulmia and fed up! If only a good attitude burned calories, eh?

I am in BIG trouble today, guys. I already stopped at McDonald's for breakfast on my way into work Hopefully, it is just because TOM is arriving today, but I really feel like eating EVERYTHING I can get my hands on! Good thing I don't carry much cash or that office vending machine would already be near empty by now
Old 10-26-2006, 09:49 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

OH MY GOD!!! There's an office vending machine too? How much does a girl have to put up with?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

[QUOTE="fed"up;1450343]OH MY GOD!!! There's an office vending machine too? How much does a girl have to put up with?[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Indigo"]Oh, HA, you have no idea! There's a vending machine in the kitchen, and then there's also an older guy who works here who actually has a filing cabinet in his office FILLED with snacks for anyone and everyone to have for free. He's got peanut butter and cheese crackers, cookies, lots of candy (cow tails, twizzlers, starbursts, M&Ms...), NutriGrain bars, Nature Valley granola bars...and sure, those last 2 don't sound so bad, but they are still full of sugar and empty calories, plus I can never have just 1! I try to avoid his office as much as possible

Hmm...wonder why the HTML for my color isn't working in this post...[/COLOR]
Old 10-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #9  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Nature Valley granola bars...and sure, those last 2 don't sound so bad, but they are still full of sugar and empty calories,
I *just* finished downing my NV granola bar...empty calories!!! I thought it was a good snack... *sigh*

Anyhoo, here's my day:

B - 1 apple, 1 cup grapes

S - Nature Valley Granola bar

L - 2 slices Domino's pizza (so that's what 10 cals because they're so tiny? I kid... )

S - Ate it (See S above)

D - 1/4 cup brown rice with okra
1 8 oz container plain yogie (fat free)

Exercise: Didn't work out today. Have a loooooooooooong day - literally 12 hours.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

I'm sorry Jillybean, I just couldn't do it, I simply COULD NOT do it, of course I don't HAVE to do it, so perhaps if I did, then maybe I COULD. Did that make any sense to ya?

The only reason that I have been able to stick to my "diet" this time and yes I know it's not that long, is because I have only healthy food and snacks and drinks, etc., etc. in my home, which is where I am for the most part.

Like I said in a previous post - I give you A LOT of credit. More power to ya.
Oh yeah and definitely stay away from that nasty older guy with the horrible filing cabinet - he should be shot (just kidding, well kinda)
Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I work in a office full of computer nerds (junk city). We have vending machines, office parties, birthday cake once a month, weekly meetings at the coffee shop etc. When it comes down to it, I want to lose weight MORE then I want to eat that crap. Saying no is easy once you get used to. Of course, sometimes I have a treat... or slip as some may call it. But I am on the ball at least 80% of the time, and they say that is all you need.

..Breakfast:
banana with a small amount of natural peanut butter; oatmeal
..Snack:
coffee with tad of skim milk and vanilla syrup; thinsations (if I get hungry)
..Lunch:
cup of chicken noodle soup; sandwitch (two slices weight watchers bread with mustard and deli turkey); 1 piece of beef jerkey
..Snack:
rice crackers and hummus
..Snack:
celery with smoked salmon cream cheese; cucumber (left from yesterday - hope it doesnt taste too nasty or I will throw it away)
..Dinner:
going out, BUT I WILL make a healthy choice
..Water: 4L
..Exercise:
did ONE HOUR on my bike this morning

SO from the sounds of it, I am going on a vaction much sooner then I wanted... so I need to start being good with my eating (stop the treat meals) and start exercising an hour every morning. Time to pick up the pace! I have been coasting along at half effort for the past few months. I am having a friend over saturday night to watch movies and eat pizza (I friend I havent seen in years, and we used to be best best friends) - anyway, I am going to try and keep it low today and tomorrow and not eat too much saturday....
Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

B - 2 pieces of organic, sprouted 20 grain bread, natural peanut butter

S - organic fat free plain yogurt, half a carton of sliced strawberries

L - Chipotle - chicken bol - white rice, no beans, 2 scoops of pico, 1 scoop of hot, tons of lettuce, side order of guacamole (no cheese, no sour cream)

S - tall non fat sugar free latte

S - cut up veggies - carrots, red pepper strips, sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes

S -1/2 enormous pomegranate

D - home made pizza - boboli whole wheat crust, spicy sauce, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, black olives, fat free feta
Old 10-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I also work completely surrounded by food. Most people have candy on their desks. The two administrative assitants deliberately have snacks on their desk that they encourage us to come get (currently one of them has trail mix and Hershey's kisses and twizzlers). To promote a product launch, folks came around yesterday with carts of Krispy Kremes. There is usually birthday cake or pizza left as snacks in the break room, I'm also invited to a lot of birthdays/showers involving cake/ice cream. There are small meetings with donuts. There are big "all hands" meetings that always have very good finger foods - potstickers or chocolate dipped fruits, huge cookies, chips/dips, etc etc, etc. Not to mention the snack machines and the cafe downstairs with all the yummy baked goods and the buy one/get one free special after 2:00 pm.

I just try not to eat anything at work unless I brought it, makes it an easy rule.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:11 PM   #14  
Wen I'm thin fat'll be in

S/C/G: 162.8/156.2/143 (pounds)

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Default Jillybean alert!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Thanks, Soulmia and fed up! If only a good attitude burned calories, eh?

I am in BIG trouble today, guys. I already stopped at McDonald's for breakfast on my way into work Hopefully, it is just because TOM is arriving today, but I really feel like eating EVERYTHING I can get my hands on! Good thing I don't carry much cash or that office vending machine would already be near empty by now
THAT's IT! I am kicking some serious butt! TOM or no TOM You stopped at McDonald's??!! what were you thinking you're gonna get there? SB friendly 's ????
Now. stop it. No vending machine. No visits to Mr "eat a chocolate bar and get fat" of your office. Free or not - stay away. Got it?
The South Beach police has a new recruit - MOI!

Seriously.... don't give in.... take it from me - you'll kick yourself later...coz TOM will come and go... but the pounds will haunt you a while after that
Old 10-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #15  
Eating for two!

Soulmia--I am not on South Beach. While I try to eat healthy as often as possible, I do sometimes have burgers or chocolate candy, so long as it fits into my calorie allowance for the day. Of course, today I did completely fall apart, so I absolutely did need the kick in the rear!

Yeah, my planned menu went right out the window. Actually, it all went in my stomach, just much earlier than anticipated, which left a lot of time for me to pick and munch on plenty of junk So, one day given in to TOM--NO MORE! He doesn't get more than one!
Closed Thread