Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #1  

Default Let's Get thie Party Started!Week of 10/23

Hey all-it's Monday-let's do some updates and intros.

I am Lori, 34 with two children ages 3 and 10 months. Am trying WW for like the millionth time. I always seem to have more resolve on Mondays! I like to run for exercise-got up and ran on the treadmill this morning trying to kick my butt into gear. Am feeling motivated this week! Come out and join me! I plan to WI on Thurs or Friday...
Old 10-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #2  

PS can anyone help me add a tracker? i tried by following the directions but it isn't coming out...
Old 10-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #3  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Hi Lori and everyone else! I'm Jeanette. I'm 25, single, and work night shifts as a nurse. This is my first time trying WW, and so far it's going pretty well! WI is Tues, Wed, or Thurs for me depending on my schedule. Just thought I'd check in. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you! Have a great day!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi. I am Melody and this is my 3rd attempt at Weight Watchers, but I have stuck it out longer this time than the other times. This is my 7th week and I have lost 15 since joining. I have lost a total of about 34 since the beginning of the year.

I am married (6th anniversary 12/15) and I have a son who will be 5 on 12/1. I live in Mississippi and I am special education teacher for grades K-3.

I hope to get to know more of you here.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:55 PM   #5  

Hi Jeanette, Hi Melody! Glad to 'meet' you both. How are your weeks going? I went over points today to 29, some stress eating going on-I am looking for a new job and am way stressed about the decision making. Hope to do better tomorrow. I need to exercise, as well.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #6  
Working to be an after!

Hi Lori and Melody! My weeks going pretty well. Only lost 0.8 lbs at WI, but at least I didn't gain, and I've gotten my exercise in everyday this week. So I feel good about that.
Lori, good luck with the job search, that can be totally stressful. I feel for you. When I was looking for a new job a year ago, I think I gained at least 10 lbs. Just keep counting points, and hopefully it will be over soon.
Well I'm going to go back to waiting for the rain delay to be over for the World Series. I was looking forward to being able to finally watch a game, but I think it might be cancelled. Oh well, maybe tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:50 AM   #7  

Jeanette-.8 is a great loss! I'm a slow loser so any loss is always good. Where are you that you are watching the World Series?
I did better yesterday. i should WI tomorrow. Now if I can just add in some exercise...
Old 10-27-2006, 07:20 PM   #8  
Working to be an after!

Hi Lori, thanks for the encouragement. I've been losing 2-2.5 lbs a week so it felt like a slow week, but at least it was a loss. If I could lose between 1-2 lbs a week I would be happy! How did your WI go?

I'm in Utah. Just watching the World Series on TV. I wish I could go watch it in person!!! I love baseball and that would be the ultimate trip for me! Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until I'm rich. Until then, TV will have to do!

Hope your day's going well! Talk to you later.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:52 PM   #9  

Ugh-I missed WI. I'll have to do it tomorrow!!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone,

My week has gone OK. I have been making sure to eat well, but I am not writing everything down like I should. I do make out a weekly menu and follow it with some flexibility so I think I am eating in my point range most days. I need to make sure and write down everything because I know that is key to losing weight. Weigh in is tomorrow so then I will see it I have done any damage this week by not tracking well.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:06 AM   #11  

Melody-hope WI goes well for you!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Hey Lori! Nice to *see* you again!

Anyhoo, my name is Alison, I am 29 (I was 22 when I first came to this board), I am engaged and have a 3.5 month old daughter. I need to get this 25 or so lbs off of me. I have been at goal before, but since my pregnancy I haven't really gotten on track.

I love running, but due to some issues I am waiting for an all-clear from my doctor before I start again! I do weight train though.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-31-2006, 10:48 PM   #13  

Hi Ali! Missed you!! Would love to see pics of the baby...are we the only 'old timers' left here?? Belle, you out there?
I decided tonight that instead of sitting on my *** watching TV I would at least walk briskly on the treadmill while I watched LOL. I usually run earlier in the day and then after dinner veg out and eat in front of the tv. Yeah i am eating healthy stuff like popcorn and FF frozen fruit pops but it is still eating and vegging. So I am going to try to change that.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:49 PM   #14  

PS-have we really been posting here that long? Guess so, b/c I was posting before I was even engaged, and we are married 4 1/2 years. Time sure does fly!!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #15  
Running Babe

Lori: I'll try to upload some more recent pics this week! She's doing great though, she rolled over from back to front yesterday (she's almost done that for teh past 2 weeks but just never figured out what to do with her arm). She rolled from stomach to back a long while ago but hasn't done it since.

I was sooo single when I first came on here and a lot bigger!

Anyway grrrr.... seems like I might have t give up most exercise until my doctor appointment (asides from walking).

Cheers!

Ali
Closed Thread