Thread: Phentermine
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #54
Beach Patrol
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I used Adipex for a while. I did lose weight - but was it the Adipex? I'm not sure, as I was already "dieting" & exercising before I started taking it. It did give me some good energy. I was able to complete a full day's work, then go to the gym, then home & do some cleaning or run errands, & I didn't feel like I was about to fall down, LOL! I remember one day inparticular, I couldn't remember if I'd taken my Adipex or not, so I went ahead & took one - appartently that was my SECOND pill of the day... I kid you not! - I was on fire that day! - I didn't sleep for over 40 hours! - I was constantly cleaning something or rearranging something or taking a walk or whatever; I just had bookoo energy! It was an extreme high.

After about 6 or 8 months, I went off the meds. I did gain weight back. But I stopped exercising (injury took me out of the gym) and a few months after that I started eating junk again instead of making healthy choices. So did I gain weight because I went off the Adipex? I don't think so. I think it was my lack of exercise & bad food choices that made me gain the weight back.

I might go back on Adipex again. But right now, I'm on Celexa for depression, and it's really helping me. So I'm not sure I want to mix meds. The doc has offered to give me Adipex again; I'm just not sure I want to take that route. I am not really trying to lose weight at this time; I'm more interested in getting my head together. But I AM trying to not gain anymore! Good grief, it's a long hard road, ain't it?

You CAN have ANYTHING you want,
but you CAN'T have EVERYTHING you want!
~my mama!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote