Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Default WINNING LOSERS WEEK OF OCT.22nd

here is the new thread ill check back in later
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #2  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Default Accidentally posted on last week's thread.....

Sunday Greetings!

Hiya girls!!!

Hoping your Sunday is going great and we're all ready for another great week! Have gotten alot accomplished around the house this weekend and that feels really good. Exercise still needs to happen some time today, but I hit the ground running with laundry and football today. Loving this Steelers/Falcons game!

Deb, I remember you from the old SF thread that was going awhile back. And yup, Melissa's here being as supportive as ever and very focused! I hope that you will like it here as much as we do. Jump right it and post away, it's great you're here!!!

Mia, hope today is going well for you! Thanks for the new Sunday thread!

Ladies make today the best!

Danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #3  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Default Moved from last week's thread.

southerndeb vbmenu_register("postmenu_1445562", true);

HI Winning Losers,

Can I join your group?
I was searching for a group to join and saw that my pal Melissa is in this group. Hi Melissa

I have put on every pound I lost over the summer and I am starting over today. This group seems focused and very supportive, just what I need.

Deb
Old 10-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Sunday afternoon everyone!! Popping in at halftime to check on everyone!!

Deb!!! So good to see you again!!! Can't wait to hear how everything has been going for you!!

Danielle..Way to go with that DQ lady!!!! I'm so very proud of you!! this new mindset is going so great for you!!!!

Mia...thanks for the new thread!

Everyone else!!! hello! I hope your day is going great!!

So my negotiation thing was....alright I suppose. We had to do 2, the first one my contract was average. The second one I negotiated for myself the highest dollar amount in the class...which won me having to go in front of the entire class to do a demo negotiation...lemme tell ya it was not fun!! But I'm hoping that it earns me bonus points!

Okay time to get some water and head back to the game!! Have a great sunday everyone!!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #5  
Melissa

Good Monday morning! Well I've got one costume down and one to go, the hardest one is out of the way thankfully. No time to work on the other till later in the week as I've got tons of exams this week, plus a couple of PTA projects I need to get started.

I didnt do so good this weekend with food, Its my weekend curse, I hope one day to find a cure for it. Why do I get this mentality that I can slack off on the weekends? Its like my goals dont even drive me. Back on track today though! I did do awesome yesterday with water.

Off to start the day! Have a fantastic Monday everyone!!

~melissa
Old 10-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #6  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Ok I can actually say that Iam not on plan and havnt been their all weekend. I feel down in the dumps and Dont know what to do to pick my self up. Its about everything not jest one thing . going to spen the day cleaning the house and hopefully I can encourage myself to get back on plan and get to loosing again.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Goooooooood Morrrrrrrrning Ladies!!!!!!!

Welcome Deb!! Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do!!

Ladies, I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! Saturday, I didnt do too well. I was fine with my food...but I had a drink.. and then another.. and then we ended up having a little party at my house. Well, it was fun..but I hate drinking because of all the bad things in the drinks. So I took my hungover butt to the gym on sunday and ran for 5 miles!! WOO! Then later on Dh and I and Carter went for a walk along some trails by my house. So I hope I made up for the drinking.

One really really good thing happened! I bought a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller then I would normally wear and they FIT!!! I thought it was a fluke and tried on another pair of pants some wear else (only one size down) and they were too big! I am so freaking happy!! I have to go buy shoes today for a dress I bought. I hate that part. haha!

I changed my ticker!! another 2lbs down!!
CartersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #8  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Happy Monday!

Hi girls. Everybody ready for another great week? I hope you all had a great weekend and can say you did great things for yourselves!! Mine was good, lots of productivity, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was glad my kids aren't back in school today. Drove me nuts all weekend with the bickering (mainly my girls) and tattling. lol

Melissa, I'm glad your class went alright. See, you did so well you had to share it with the world! LOL I know that's one of your least favorite things, but trust me, people were listening. So you had a bad weekend, today's a new day! Great job with the water, now keep that focus, you can do it!! I bet the girls will look fantastic in their costumes. I swear you can't beat a homemade costume, they look a zillion times better than those expensive store bought things. Take pics!

Bonnie, I'm sorry you're struggling lady! I'm hoping today that you find that motivation to get back on track and get going with your losses again. Chin up lady, think about how fantastic you feel when you eat right and workout!

Stacia, hey party girl! I'm glad you had a good time with friends this weekend. And look at you, working out the morning after! See, I knew it, all those spin classes have earned you some major compensation----2 sizes smaller!!!!! Woo hoo!!! Cannot argue with those results, you're doing awesome!

Have a fantastic day ladies! Make it the best!

Danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #9  

hi everyone? well i guess we all had a rough weekend my eating habits were alittle off i decided to start my challenge over today i guess that was a test run
im starting off bad today already though i had to take the baby to the dr. at 9am we didnt get back until 12 i ran out this morning without breakfast so when i got back i was soo hungry and thirsty that i ate a bowl of cornflakes with 2 spoons of sugar i know i was wrong for that i also ate a ice pop later now i have to work on my exercise and water for the rest of the day the bad thing is im still hungry man it dosent pay to skip breakfast somehow though i manage to lose 1 lb

Last edited by miafluker; 10-23-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'5''

Hey everyone

Wow, i have had a looooong few days. It all started around sunday night last week. I had a really sore throat, a fever, back pain, etc. for 2 days and on tues i went to the doc and did a throat swab and i ended up having strep throat. I had to stay home from school for 2 days so wed and thursday and there was no school on friday. Anyways, on thursday night my mother and drove 3 hrs to a place called Cranbrook and we stayed overnight in a B&B, it was nice, and on friday I went on a college tour to the college I got accepted to. Then I drove all the way back to a place called Grand Forks (bout 4 hrs) and went to a confrence all weekend, stayin up till 1 or 2 am each night. Then yesterday my mom picked me up around 11 and we drove to Kelowna (2.5 hours) to a college fair at 6:30 pm so we did a lil shopping went to that till bout 8:00 and then drove 4 hours to get home and that was my cheat day so i had mcdonalds and i dont think it was cooked so i was sick last night and this morning and didnt go to school today. Anyways, i need to eat sum crackers or sumthing and get sum rest. Cya later

Heather
needhelp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:41 PM   #11  
I can do it this time.

okay im going to pat myself on the back for the workout i did this weekend and then im going to slap my wrist for eating reece's candy (halloween) all weekend. so it evens out... im going to the gym afterwork which is going to be from now on my regular scheduale. I really need better eating habits more control over what i choose to stick in my mouth.. Ever since I had to take the scale out of the hallway (matt kept tripping on it at night) I havent weighed myself. I have no idea where I'm at. I did manage to take before pics though.. I'll be taking progress pics once a month.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:24 PM   #12  

hi all i learned some new info that im going to share tomorrow because im so tired tonight i hope everyone did okay have a great night
Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #13  
Melissa

Good Tuesday Morning! Today is my 14th wedding anniversary. Had plans to go out to eat but my cousins MIL was put on life support yesterday so she is rushing to be with her husband while they wait and we are taking on their 2 small children for the week. So now I'm a mom of 4! And I'm not taking 2 toddlers to a restraunt! LOL! It also means that I may not be here much the next few days, depending on if I stay home with them or not, If I cant get them to sleep at night I'll have to stay out at their house and they have the slowest dialup on the face of the earth so I wouldnt be able to make it here. Just know I'll be cheering everyone on even if you dont see me!

I had a great day yesterday stuck to plan all day long with NO slipups and got in all my water! Looking for another fantastic day!

Bonnie...I'm sorry you are feeling so down. I think that tends to happen to alot of people this time of year with the weather change. Just try to make the best choices you can. Journalling will help alot too. And if you just need to vent we are here for you!

Stacia...you are shrinking!!!! LOL!! Way to go on the smaller pants!! And down 2 lbs!!!! AND you ran hungover!!! LOL!!! That is some serious committment! woman you are just simply amazing!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Danielle...your attitude just gets better and better!! Cant wait to see your leaf tally this Friday! I havent seen you this in control for a long time and I gotta say...it looks fantastic on you!!

Mia...yep skipping breakfast is a nono, thats why I love the Slimfast products, you just grab and go! Cant wait to see what you've got for us today!

Heather...I hope you are feeling better! My goodness you've been through it havent you! Take good care of you! Rest!

Sara...Way to go on your workout!!! That halloween candy I tell ya! It should be outlawed! No sense living by the scale its just a number anyway! Keep up the good work lady! those progress pictures will tell an amazing story!!

Okay off to study for my finance exam! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa
Old 10-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #14  
I can do it this time.

Melissa, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! We understand if you cant come on. Just know that we are hear for you rooting you on! Thanks for all the good advice.

Stacia -Congrats on getting into those smaller pants. you are doing it girl!

Mia - I usually dont like to have breakfast too but I heard your metabolism speeds up a bit if you have breakfast, Mel is right take slimfast just for breakfast... I get the walmart brand called Equate... the chocolate is delicious!

Danielle - God I wish I had that site that says how many calories you burn doing housework. When I saw it my mouth dropped. hehe. I didnt know. Glad you got a lot accomplished.

Bonnie - *big hugs* You know we are here for you, you can do it! If you ever need to talk just let us know.

Heather - I hope you feel better! Other than the getting sick part your trip sounded fun.

I've been working out at the gym as all of you know, and boy do I get tired. I talked with matt when he was driving home and told him, I really pushed myself yesterday at the gym, which was good but boy did my thighs burn while I was on that elliptical machine! hehe. By the time I was finished and went to walk home I was sooooo tired. I think it's good that I have to walk home instead of drive. I know soon I'll see some progress
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #15  

hi everyone! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Mel
sara im glad im not the only one having that problem my ? is would the shakes be enough? i hope so because i may be starting a new job so breakfast would really be hard

okay i found this info i like it and though i would try it so i wanted to share

The Easy Six Week Diet Transition
In some ways, changing your diet is similar to making a successful resolution in that it's conceptual at first. Your long-range goal should just be to eat well. As your healthy eating behavior becomes a habit, you will find the other intangibles (such as weight loss, energy gained, etc.) falling into place. The easiest way to accomplish this is a gradual transition from food choices that don't help to food choices that do. By making this transition gradually over six weeks, we've found it to be the easiest diet program ever recommended.

Working in a 6-week cycle, you can train (or trick, if you will) your body into craving more nutritious foods. This cycle is easier if you're exercising because your body will crave the proper nutrients to re-build its broken down tissue.

Week 1
Eliminate the junk from your diet. That's it, just junk; no potato chips, candy, ice cream, etc. Other than this you may eat whatever you like... and here's the kicker: you may cheat on this twice, and that means for TWO WHOLE DAYS YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU LIKE AND STILL SUCCEED!

Week 2
No eating for 3-hours before you go to bed. That way your body can go to sleep in fat-burning mode, rather than in calorie-storing mode. Plus each week carries over, so you still cannot have junk, except for the 2 days when you may cheat and eat whenever and whatever you like.

Week 3
Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. If you make yourself do this, the size will control itself because you won't ever get ravenously hungry. Try to keep each meal balanced as close to 30% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 30% fat as you can - and try and eat for what you will be doing for the next three hours (If you're working out, eat more, sitting at a desk, eat less)... Still no junk food, and still no eating three hours before bedtime. You may cheat on two days.

Week 4
Eliminate fast food and alcohol. This can be hard for many of us because we now have to plan our meals, but hey, it's only for a couple weeks. People tend to forget that alcohol has calories, and it also slows your metabolism. Cheat ONLY ONE DAY this week.

Week 5
Eat whole foods. This means that you eliminate any processed foods from your diet, such as bread, most salad dressings, almost all cereal, luncheon meats, cheese, anything with preservatives, and most everything served in restaurants. What you can eat are whole foods such as fruit, raw or steamed vegetables, meat (sans any type of sauce), natural grain rice, poached eggs, etc. It shouldn't be terribly hard since your eating habits have been slowly changing. Still, it's a hard week because it will feel like dieting. Try not to cheat, but you may if you find yourself getting ravenous - just keep your blowout to a minimum.

Week 6
Eat healthy. Eat whatever you want, following the general rules we've followed for the last five weeks. You may be surprised to find yourself craving something healthy instead of a candy bar or pint of Ben & Jerry's. You should now be better at listening to your body because it will tell you what it needs to eat, as opposed to what you're used to eating - especially if you're working out. Keep a couple of cheating days, allowing yourself to give in to occasional indulgences. Just try not to overdo it.

Now take some time off and don't think about dieting. Have your eating habits changed? Most likely they have. You may find that your body feels transformed and that you've shed some fat! More importantly, because you have gradually changed your lifestyle, your body is likely to maintain this change, without a lot of effort on your part.

You should now know enough about yourself to tweak the next 6-week plan to suit you. However, keep the cheating days. They are important, and not just because they allow you to have fun. Whenever you are restricting your caloric intake, your metabolism wants to slow down because it thinks that you are starving. By "cheating" a couple of days a week, you actually trick your metabolism to stay higher, so you lose more fat.