Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #1  
Susan

Default Thursday Chatters for October

Well it's hard to believe that it is OCTOBER!!! Where does time go? There are no pumpkin smilieys.

We welcome anyone who wants to join us! We all either once weighed or thought about weighing in on Thursdays.

I know that you will find this hard to believe... but yesterday, I dropped a board on the top of my foot. It hurts and my foot is all swollen. I don't think it's broken but it sure did pop up. We were out raising our mail box and I was in flip flops (my favorite thing to wear.)

Tammy, how are you feeling?

Tina, too bad I'm not a little closer and we could go play this week while I'm off.

Dee, when is your birthday?

Mimi, where are you?

Sis, how is the puppy?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #2  

Susan, when I'm rich I'll take us all to Tina's house!! She would love to have a big slumber party at her house, don't you think??? I used to watch ER all the time, but haven't watched it for a few years. I don't think Jess's foot is going to heal if she keeps going places instead of letting it rest. I told her that, and I told Tim that she'll listen to him and to just tell her NO when she wants to do things. They came home for the football game on Friday night. That didn't do her any good walking around. In fact, it was pretty silly.

I usually see the chiropractor more often than I have recently. Monday was the first that I had been so see him since June before we left for Disney. I know going more often would be a good idea, so maybe I'll need to get into the habit.

Tina, I drink way too much Diet Pepsi. I used to only drink the real stuff, so I feel like I've made an accomplishment by drinking the diet. Quite a few less calories in 2 Diet Pepsis compared to 2 real ones.

Dee, happy birthday to your son and to you too whenever yours is!! The food sounds great!!

Went to the football game last night to watch the band. We saw pregame, then part of the first quarter, the sky started getting really eerie and dark, and they evacuated the stadium and told people to take cover. Bob and I took off back to the hotel which is very close. It rained and the wind blew pretty bad, and then blew on over. There were tornadoes sighted in some areas near there, but not in Muncie. The game was delayed an hour, and then restarted. We saw that info on the tv and headed back to the stadium for the rest of the first half and for halftime. The band did a Beatles medley and it was awesome. Toward the end of it, there was a drum break that featured the percussion. Fantastic!! They have 8 xylophones/bell sets, and they were playing Eleanor Rigby while the rest of the percussion was doing stuff. Too cool!!! Tim was so glad that we came back because he knew we'd enjoy it. Bob and I are both Beatles fans from way back, and we love the percussion!! During the storm, the band found shelter in the nearby Alumni Center. Tim did call us to tell us where they were.

During the wind before the band left the stadium, one of the sousaphones caught the wind and almost took the player and it over the back of the seats. That would have been a long drop off the back!

Well, I guess I should go do something productive. Not sure what it will be. Maybe a nap?????
Old 10-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #3  

by the way, I just cut and pasted that post from the Sept. thread, so it's in 2 places. I tried to delete in from Sept. and I couldn't for some reason.

I think when I was typing it originally (about 3:00), Susan posted not to post there at the same time that I was typing the long thing. I didn't realize it till I logged back in.

I never took a nap. I read the paper. I listened to trains and combines. I thought about all of the dust coming in through the windows from the combines, but the air felt so nice I didn't shut them. What's a little dust? Oh my!!
Old 10-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Everyone is invited to come on down to our house for a slumber party. We have a sleeper sofa that's never been used. I still have David's sleeping bag, too.
Susan, thanks for starting us off this month. Wow, this year is flying by.
Ouch to your foot, Susan. I'm so sorry!!!

Tammy, I'm glad y'all weren't caught out in that weather. Good thing you got to return to hear the band playing. I, too, like the Beatles. I have kept one of the Beatles' 33 1/3 records.
On Friday night, Larry and I were at a Chinese restaurant when it started thundering, lightening and pouring. The waiter told us to just sit there for awhile. The lights blinked but stayed on. That was a couple miles from home. Would you believe that it barely rained at home!

Sis, how are you feeling????? How is Molly doing? Yes, please let us see her picture.
Maureen and Mimi-----we miss our Canadian friends.
Everyone have a great rest of the day.
Tina
Old 10-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #5  

Halloween is my birthday! You know, I have spent the last thirteen years of my life trick or treating with my kids. I would love to have a birthday....maybe for my fortieth.

I can't believe the wind was that bad. That poor guy, I would have given that up for a flute, LOL.

I love slumber parties Tina, how far are you from Miami?

I have never been to a chiropractor, I have always wondered if you start, then do you always need to go back? Kinda like cracking your knuckles, once you start, you seem to keep doing it.

What? Still no puppy pics?

Did I mention I am going to a gym this week? If I say it enough, maybe I will remember to actually go and work out.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Halloween is a great day for a birthday, Dee!!!
My husband proposed on Halloween night. It's our unofficial anniversary.

Dee, just get onto I-10 and go West. I'll put out a big arrow to the slumber party. Do you watch CSI Miami?

Old 10-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #7  
Susan

Me again...

Tammy, I figured you were writing while I posted. I'm glad ya'll are ok. Yes, Jess needs to take care of herself!!! That girl!

Tina, a slumber party would be a blast! Rain always miss us too.

Dee, we keep talking about a trip someplace in the middle. So far we still are talking about it. A Halloween baby!!!! Good for you on going to the gym!

Remember I said I was going to cancel E Tools. I did, now I'm thinking of signing back up for it. Isn't that silly? I'm setting myself a personal goal of 5 pounds this month. I'm exercising everyday and work out with the trainer twice a week so hopefully I'll have a bigger loss but right now I'd be happy with that.

Have a great evening!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #8  
GoddessInclined

Default My son's a stud!!!

Is that wrong to say?

His first game Saturday--he sacked the quarterback!!!! Whoot!! Whoot!! Then he got three tackles on a kid that outweighed him by at least 60 lbs--he's got a killer instinct. I guess he'd have to, since he weighs 96 lbs and wants to play defensive tackle!!! He was pretty sore Sunday, but said "it was a good kind of hurt." He'll be scheduling a visit to the chiropractor this week, and maybe even the massage therapist.

Which brings me to Dee's question re: chiropractors. Yes, if you go to a chiropractor, your initial treatment tends to be around 8-12 visits stretching out over a couple of months. Then, you should go into what they call "maintainance" which could be once a month to once every 3-6 months. Look at it this way: suppose you waited until you were 30 to go to the dentist for the first time. Chances are, you might need some cavities filled, which would bring you back for a few treatments. But maybe, your teeth are really messed up and you're going to need some root canals, some cavities filled, a bridge put in, some whitening, some veneers....cause you really abused your smile. That's going to take some time to clear up, right? Then, once your mouth is in good shape again, you're going to commit to a check-up every six months to make sure nothing new has developed. Chiropractic is much the same. We really abuse our bodies--not lifting right, sitting at a computer for hours, car accidents, poor sleeping habits, poor diet (which is why we're here), and that all plays havoc with our backs and our nervous systems. Hope that's helpful to you! (My son's dad shares your birthday---my favorite holiday!)

Hmm....didn't do too badly this weekend, despite not writing anything down. Plus, I did some gardening Saturday--moving perennieals around in the garden so that it's more balanced next year. You know, I planted things that were too short where they were, or just looked funny. And I think the hollyhocks are plotting a coup for next summer, so I need to keep an eye on them.

Tina--I love Eleanor Rigby--I would have loved to hear that! My son floated the idea to the senior high band director to do a medley of Johnny Cash songs. He's thinking about it--can't you just hear the trumpets in "Ring of Fire?"

Oh, and not that *I* care, but Go Twins!!! (Captured Division title yesterday).
Old 10-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #9  

Wink

LOL, your son sounds like a scholarship in the works.
Gardening is good exercise. Sometimes I drag my behind outside and mow the grass....I don't have flowers. I don't have a green thumb. Wish I did. Or I would be out there doing that.

I have heard alot of people say that Halloween is their fav holiday. Could the chocolate have anything to do with it?

I was signed up for etools, but didn't use it enough to make it cost effective. 5 pound is a great goal.

Tina, LOL, I actually watch CSI Las Vegas, I love Grissom!!!

I am setting a goal for weightloss of 6 pounds for the month.

Last edited by Mom4kids; 10-02-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

6 pounds for the month sounds like a great goal.
I'd like to lose 6 pounds in two weeks. Can that be done??? Let's see---if I eat 10 pts. a day and do lots of exercise.....Hmmm....I'd probably be too weak to enjoy the loss.

Dori, I agree that you son sounds like a great player.

Susan, how's your foot?
Tammy, where are you???? Hope you are feeling good.
Sis, how are you doing? Are you out running with Molly?
Maureen, have you been roller blading lately?

Old 10-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #11  
Susan

Hi,

The foot is doing better. It's a nice purple and it grows a little each day. I go to the dr. tomorrow for my yearly checkup, so I'll show her. She is my GP.

I worked out today with the trainer. I asked if I should be doing more. He laughed and said "NO, in another few weeks your body will know what's going on." He reminded me that I didn't get this way over night.

I signed back up for Etools because I decided that I would get serious again. So I did pretty good today OP.

Tina, I need to lose about 50 pounds by in the morning! So if you can figure it out let me know.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Okay, my mind has left the building. For some reason I called Jodi, Dori.
Sorry about that.
It's been one of those days.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #13  

I went to the gym today. Did the treadmill for 30 minutes. Went to go do weights,but the machines are brand new and I don't know how to use them.

Tomorrow there should be someone available to show me how to use them.

It's a start, right?

Tammy? Tammy? are you out there?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #14  
Susan

Howdy,

Well, I went to the doctor today. She never says anything about my weight. I told what all I was doing and she said "good for you". She looked at my foot and said "your other foot is bruised too." I just laughed because I hadn't noticed it. Had my yearly done, then xrays, blood work. She couldn't tell if there was a break because of the swelling. So I now have this lovely little shoe to wear when I walk a lot. Oh plus, I have to have a mammogram and bone density scan (since my mom has osteo???? but won't admit it). I think I'm getting old. If that scan is clear then not another one until I'm 50.

Dee, Good for you on working out!!!

Tina, has summer returned down there? It has here. YUCK!

Tammy, wants happening with you? How is school? How many days left?

Jody, I loved it about your son!!! I am always saying how cute my niece and nephews are!!!

Off to the recliner for a while. I'm burning up!!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #15  

My butterfly moved 2 spots!!!!

Tina, if I would have known that you liked the Beatles, I would have invited you to go to the football game last Saturday! lol

Dee, I agree about trading the sousaphone for a flute!! I know since they were at the top of the bleachers they were in a dangerous place. I go to the chiropractor a few times a year. I always feel better after I've been there. My dad used to go every other week for his knees. Wonder if some of my knee problem is hereditary? Probably is.

Susan, I've never used e-tools. I did sign up for a free membership at ***********. Before school started I was going there everyday, putting in what I ate, drank, and exercise. Now I rarely get there!! Check it out, it really is nice. If you join, use my name for telling you about it. I can get points or something. I'm with you about losing 50 pounds by morning!!

Goddess, good going for your son!! Woo Hoo!!! I had to laugh about your hollyhocks. Want to come to my house and do some planting for me? A medley of Johnny Cash songs would be fun to do.

I didn't post yesterday at all. By the time I got home from school, I was ready for a nap. When I woke up, it was time to go to the Y for water aerobics. After that I came home and read. Didn't go to school today, so Bob and I got some running around done.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Closed Thread