Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 10:46 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Angry ~*~*~week of 6th January 2002~*~*~

Morning all

Well techically it's good afternoon here. Just thought I would start a quick thread. We were up to four pages last week

Still have this stinking cold and now my head aches. Just call me a bag of germs

Hope everyone is doing well - well I'm off back to bed everyone.

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 01-06-2002 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-06-2002, 12:24 PM   #2  

Goodmorning!

BFB - Sorry to hear the cold still has you down!

I am getting ready to go grocery shopping. We planned our dinners for the week. This should help keep us on track.

DH thinks he is starving. He informed me yesterday that he is sure he is at his goal weight already.

Will check in later.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:36 PM   #3  

Boy everyone must be busy today! I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.

Vick, How are you feeling today?

Nanci
Old 01-06-2002, 04:04 PM   #4  
Pink Thingy

Question

Where is everybody???????? Thought Bart's bum would have you all up in arms
Old 01-06-2002, 05:37 PM   #5  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi All ~

BFB ~ Loved the bum! I had to call my kids to the computer so they could get a good laugh, too.

Sundays must be a slow day here, eh? Hope your all having a good one! Lighter ~~~ Nona
Old 01-06-2002, 05:57 PM   #6  

HELLO ALL! And welcome to a new week!

I am staying op - woohoo - today will be tough as we had quite a brunch (biscuits & gravy). I'm planning on salad for dinner!

We saw the Lord of the Rings movie last night. It was really good. Also saw A Beautiful Mind recently - also good.

Lauren & Nanci - I also always notice my weight loss (or gain) in my face. I gained some over the holidays & I can tell.

Nanci - I've never heard of TTAPP. What type of workout is it? ~ Funny that dh is "starving" and think he's already at goal! Atleast he's entertaining!

BFB - hoped you'd be feeling better by now! Take care of yourself.

Pryia - where oh where are you?

Bailey - are you out there anywhere?

here's to a great week for us all! Let's have some losses!

Rabbit

forgot to mention - my mileage started again for 2002. I'm at 12.993 miles.

Last edited by Rabbit; 01-06-2002 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2002, 06:05 PM   #7  

BFB, I did laugh at BART. Where do you get all of those things at?

Nona, I like your "another pound bites the dust"

Rabbit, Great job staying on plan. We are doing well also.

The TTAP is an aerobic stretching type thing. It is really kicking my fanny. You are suppose to try and start with 14 days in a row and then taper it down. I have done 5 in a row so far. You can check it out at the web site ttap.com
I am enjoying it.

DH is certainly entertaining. It is nice to have him doing this with me. It is nice to not having him suggest taco time for dinner.
Old 01-06-2002, 07:45 PM   #8  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,
I'm here.. gained 2.6 pounds. So I am still up over starting... hello? when am I going to start doing this?!

I am counting mileage too. I am up to 4.

RR, glad you are back home and doing well. PLEASE listen to the doctor.. as a nurse would you ever advise someone to ignore doctor's advice? You have to take care of you.

Glad to hear so many of you are back on track. I am going to keep starting over.

Can't stay and catch up today. I'll check in tomorrow.

Have a good Monday!
dani
Old 01-06-2002, 08:20 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

WE HAVE SNOW!!! And lots of it!! Dani, I hope you're getting some of it by you! We're up to about 3-3 1/2 inches now...it just started at about 6:00, and it's 8:10 now. Took us 1:45 to get home from Mom's tonight and she's 30 miles away...Rt. 80 was a mess. A lot of spin-outs and cars just plain stuck because they drove too slow. Thank God for DH's XTerra!! If I have work tomorrow, I'm going to take his and he'll take his pickup truck. They say it's supposed to keep going through the night and day tomorrow. If it does, I'm sure I'll have at least a delayed opening, if not, closed. I hope the office is closed, because I want to make a big pot of soup! Shop Rite is having their can-can sale, and I bought a bunch of corn and peas and some celery and potatoes. Going to add some chicken maybe and yum-yum!!

Dani- Bummer on the 2.6. I'm not sure what the scale is gonna say tomorrow AM, I know I lost some, because my face is thinner, but it may have only been a little water weight, and probably won't show.

Rabbit- As usual, you're kickin' butt with the mileage!! Biscuits and gravy, yum!!

Nona- Yeah, sometimes it gets quiet around here on the weekend.

Nanci- Good for you, planning your meals for the week! I'm doing that too, because we want to get the freezer cleaned out before we move!

BFB- Actually, I was on earlier, but didn't have time to post. I got a kick out of Bart...as did DH!! He came in to get me and saw Bart mooning us and was like, why is Bart mooning you? LOL, he loves that show...in fact, he's in the LR watching it now!

Have a great evening all!! I'm going to watch the snow accumulate and dream of a 3 day weekend!!
Old 01-06-2002, 09:04 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Evening...
Feeling better..just weak and crampy...NEver thought I would say it but I cant wait for AF!!!!!!MD said about 6-8weeks after that sugery.....Mentally, a wreck. I think the hormones are still nutty plus the emotional issues..Things will get better.....Refman is starting some therapy classes for couples that experience what we did starting Next week..That should help...

Now...I have 15 lbs I want to lose...soo I will start immediately..I think a slow long walk on the treadmill tomorrow will be fine as long as I take it easy..I am calling the MD tomorrow since I had Valium preop and dont remember a darn thing about anything Friday evening...The worse thing is no FEEP!!!!!!!!It has been since last year for goodness sake!!!!
Take care...thanks again for helping me through this mess!!!!
Definately never crossed my mind ever that this would happen....
Vicki
Trying again in March!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2002, 06:26 AM   #11  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Lauren, no snow here all rain. bummer. But I'm glad you got some. Good luck with Weigh in! When do you move?

RR, glad you are feeling better. Also glad to hear you are trying again. Please take it easy on the exercise.

Nanci, I'm glad dh is doing this with you. That must make it easier to stick to it. The ttap sounds interesting. I may go check out more info from the website.

BFB, hope you are feeling better soon!

It is 6:30am here and I should be doing other things but couldn't resist checking in for a bit.

Have a great day!
dani
Old 01-07-2002, 07:21 AM   #12  
Pink Thingy

Morning all

I think the cold is finally on the way out. So I guess I have a week to catch up on myself - no I am not going to whinge and complain - just face facts. Hubby has decided that we need to do more walking together. Now what is it with men, when you suggest an idea they pooh pooh it, but when they re-suggest it, it's rocket science. I gently reminded him that I already suggested this a while ago, and guess what, he had another one of his temporary "deaf" spells. The same deaf spell he had on NYE when I told him not to mix drinks and we all know what happened then.

Glad everyone is okay and especially nice to hear from RR (keep well)

Well I am contemplating changing my avatar to Bart mooning - everytime I look at him I laugh (so sad I know - he brings the out in me) Not sure if some might find it offensive though

We have just had a show start over here called Fat Club. They have taken 8 overweight people and once a month for 6 months they meet up at Fat Club. Here they have access to a dietician, a psychologist, a GP and an American Fitness Instructor. I am sure he is straight off of one of those camps you send wayward children to. His name is Harvey and I swear he has no heart and he has "mean" running through his veins. Last week he made them do laps in a freezing cold pool and when two of them dared to get out, he shouted them back in again

The other thing was, they were weighed in swimming cossies only . Now I know they are getting an abundance of help, but **** would have to freeze over, the cow would have to jump over the moon and Will Smith would have to dump Jada and marry me, before I left the nation see me on scales in a swimming cossie.

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 01-07-2002 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:24 AM   #13  
A princess in the making!

Rabbit here I am.

I will catch up this week. I have the flu and had been really busy.

down 3 lbs though!! Thank you flu!!
Old 01-07-2002, 07:58 AM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

I am up at 6AM with the little Tootie making her breakfast...She is good therapy for me!!! Bad to the bone though...
THis morning she is a cat...No speech, just meow!!!Even tried to eat the grits with her tongue..I just laugh at her all the time!!!!

Pryia-Sorry about the flu but congrats on the loss!!!!!!

BFB--IT is soo funny how men are all the same no matter what country or nationality they are...They always like everything "their idea!!!!"Personally, I like Bart!!!That is my motto right now for the world!!!

Lauren-Careful in the snow!!!Our interstates and all bridges closed down last Wed when we had that 1/4inch of snow!!!!

Nancy--THat sounds like a cool excercise class..I like anything different.

Well, think I will work on scrapbook today..I am at May 2001!!!Havent even started the wedding book..WOW..that is 27rolls of pics!!!!! I am gonna beg my doc to let me work tomorrow..I need to get out of the house with the mom-in-law..Making me more nuts!!!!!
RR
Old 01-07-2002, 09:25 AM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

SNOW DAY!!!!!

WooHoo, I'm excited!! Actually, my company did not close down for the day, but where I am, we got about 8 inches of snow last night and when I got out of the shower this AM, it was snowing again!! And it's still snowing!! I called work at 7:30 and told them I was going ot hang out for an hour and see if the snow stopped. Well, it didn't, it started to taper a little, but now it's going again. I just called back and told them I wasn't coming in because the weather said we'd be getting another 3 inches in Morristown, which is closer to where I work, but that means we'll be getting probably 5+ inches. I won't have this excuse when we move though, because the town is closer to work.

I got my crock pot out and started a pot of chicken soup! Yum...been dying for it lately!! I don't have a lot on hand to put in it, but I did put carrots, onions, and celery. I have those canned peas and corn I bought too, I'll dump them in later. I had 2 bone in chicken breasts, so they went in...not a lot of chicken, but it'll do.

RR- , they're crazy down there, closing the roads for a 1/4 in.!! I think there has to be 3" for them to close schools around here!! Dani, any ideas??

Pryia- Good to see you!! Sorry to hear you've got the flu, but congrats on the 3 lbs.!! Hope you feel better soon.

BFB- Glad you're feeling better! I feel like I may be starting a cold...all stuffy. I blamed DH for it, because I never get sick, only sinus stuff. He gets sick at least once a year though. What is it with these men?! Oh, and Wil Smith would have to dump Jada for both of us before I'd do that show either!!

Dani- Aww, sorry you didn't get any snow. Maybe this next storm coming through will get you some?! We get the apartment 1/15, and have until 1/31 to get out of where we are. We'll probably move the bedroom stuff right away, and the basics, so we can start commuting from there, and then slowly move the rest and spackle and paint what we have to here.

Have a great day all!!
Closed Thread