South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 08:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - Oct. 21 and 22

Good morning for a change. It's nice to see the sun after so much crud. There's more to come but we have this for now. The snow is mostly gone as it was followed by rain so things look much better out there this morning.

I was thinking of driving to town to buy an exercise bike but may save that excursion for a rainy day next week. Instead, I'll do a major kitchen clean up á la FlyLady and see what I can do outside to batten down the hatches for winter. We still will have Indian Summer but you can't always count on that. I'm even thinking Christmas after yesterday's white stuff!

As they say in Delta, "So what's ahappenin' by youse?"
Old 10-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #2  

Morning Ruth! I still am amazed at the fact that you got snow already!!
Barb and I have been blessed with gorgeous weather lately, nice cold nights and then sunny days with a bit of chill in the air. LOVELY!!

We have a fun day planned- we are going to bum around a bit with my mom this morning. Then this afternoon we are getting together with some friends to carve pumpkins. They are doing frozen pizzas for dinner, so I will bring something for myself to eat. We started this pumpkin tradition last year, so the kids are looking forward to it. (I love all these Halloween smilies!)

My week started off strong and then W-F weren't so hot. Today is a new day- I plan to get through today and tomorrow completely on plan. Then my mini success will be that I was on plan more days than I was off. Baby steps, right??

Anyhow, need to get creative for breakfast as a trip to the store is on the agenda for the day.

Have a good one gals!!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

"Baby steps", Kiko, I've been using that term a lot lately myself! We just have to keep plodding on, and I believe it makes us stronger. Hey, at least we're not completely throwing in the towel! Good luck to you, and think about me. We're both fighting the same battle, and we're gonna win!

Oooh, Halloween Smilies! I had to check them out, and I love them!!!

Jake and I just got back from Trader Joe's. I had to stock up on some healthy frozen organic veggies, and I love their soups, too. Now that soup weather is here, it's nice to have something fast and easy to grab for lunch when I don't have the time to make something homemade. I still have to make a run to the regular grocery store, but we'll do that tomorrow morning.
I think we're staying home for the rest of today. Jake has some puttering around in the yard to do, and I might attempt to get a bit of sewing done. I still haven't finished my new cushion covers for the patio furniture. I want to look through my cookbooks for something different to make for supper tonight, too. I have all these cookbooks, but keep making the same old things over and over. I'm not sure if Monica and the grandkids are coming today or not, I know I'll see them for sure tomorrow when we get together at the Cheesecake Factory, but thought they might come out to spend the day with us today since her DH has to work. If not, it will be a quiet day here since my other granddaughter, Amber, is going to go see Monsters, Inc. On Ice in Philly.

Ruth, I'm glad your snow didn't stick around, it's way too early for that! Enjoy the sunshine today, and if you still have a bit of energy left after cleaning your kitchen, mine could use some spiffing up, too.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ruth: Glad to hear the sun is out for you today! I hope you have a productive day of cleaning!! And BTW, don't worry, I think of Christmas ALL year long!! I ADORE the Christmas season!!

Kiko: Your day sounds so fun! Can you believe how close Halloween is?? I think you're doing a great job seeing what's important while dealing with your health. You've come so far and are really an inspiration!

Well, believe it or not, we just finished breakfast! Late start this morning! We just didn't want to get up. Luckily, we don't have any plans for this weekend, so it's okay. I'm just going to straighten up the house while the food settles, finish my coffee, and then jump on the treadmill!

Other than that, it's just meal planning, grocery shopping, and laundry today. I couldn't be happier about not having to be anywhere!! I'm planning on having a super-strict weekend to ensure the scale will be down by Monday, but we'll see what my body wants to do!

Have a great, relaxin' weekend!! ~Kim
Old 10-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Cottage: Hey! I guess we were posting at the same time!! Great minds must think alike!! Your day sounds like it's going to be a lot like mine, lots to do with nothing we have to do! I love those Saturdays! Hope it's a great one for you and Jake!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just dropped in to say Hello

Gee!!! I can't believe I was MIA for this length of time. Getting busy trying to get all my clothes ready for our Hawaiian cruise this November.Some clothes fit,as I lost inches instead of weight.Than they're others that have to be replaced. The security on the airport is tighter again,we have to find what things we are allowed on aboard and what are not allowed.

Went to the Octorfest yesterday and I wasn't good eatingwise. Had white carbs along with the meats. Why didn't I leave them and just have a plate instead of the rolls. Will I ever learn.

This week ahead is going to another trying week. Won't be able to post as much as I like either. Some of clubs started last week & others this week .DH thinks I'm biting off more than I chew with everything I join.But I least I'm not sitting around doing nothing,being a retired chick.

Have a nice weekend ,will return when I have a chance;

Hugs BB
Old 10-22-2006, 07:28 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

It was 45F in the back room this morning. I started a fire after I let the dogs out. It sure is cozy in there now!

Yesterday was gorgeous but too wet to do much outside so I did more sorting in my sewingroom. I found the leftover fabric from my god daughter's wedding dress - from 15 years ago! - plus other assorted fabric goodies. I am such a pack rat with fabric!

Today we are back to gloom and wet. I am off to Church shortly and then will do some painting as I have a class tomorrow and have done nothing for two weeks! This afternoon, Hershey and I will go to visit Harry.

For supper last night I threw together the last of my garden veggies - a small eggplant, some red and yellow tomatoes, onion, a green peper and some basil - and made a nice chunky sauce for my one cup of whole wheat rotini. It was sort of sad - a last taste of summer. I noticed I was pretty hungry for breakfast this morning and figure it was lack of protein for supper.

So what's happening with you this sunny/showery Sunday?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody!

Well... i haven't lost or gained this week... But I am feeling rather great. I cleaned out my closet (and under my bed and the hall closet and the rubbermade tubs in the corner). I went through all of my clothes and got rid of a bunch of things. I was planning on just dumping them or taking them to goodwill or something, but at the last minute, I decide to have a go at the community yard sale. I sold everything and made 30 bucks!! It feels so good to be rid of those things. A lot of the clothes were from when I was 2 sizes larger and up. I have been going around looking through other boxes and files, dumping the trash and putting other things in my 'yard sale' bin. I am saving the money I made to go shopping for nice new clothes in a smaller size.

Well... I am off to go spend time with my family for one last cookout before they close up the summer house. I will not eat any chips, candy, white bread, or potatos! That is my mantra... in fact, I think I will probably make a large yummy salad before going.

Take care ladies and have a good weekend.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A mid-morning "hello" to you, Ruth, and all my other dear Beach friends!

It's a slow, lazy morning here today. I did go to Wegman's to finish my grocery shopping for the week, and now I'm getting laundry done, so I guess I am getting something done. Jake built a roaring fire in the fireplace out in the sunroom, and I spent a very pleasant hour or so out there reading the Sunday papers and watching the sky darken. There must be a storm coming in, the day started out bright and sunny, and now it's getting gloomier by the minute. I'm looking forward to this afternoon, when all the "girls" in the family (there's 10 of us!) are going out to dinner to celebrate all our fall birthdays. Half of us have birthdays in the fall, and the other half have birthdays in the late spring/summer, so we're going to celebrate again, then. We're going to The Cheesecake Factory, and yes, I do plan on having cheesecake, but I've been very careful these past few days, and plan to get right back on track afterwards, so I'm not going to feel guilty about it. I have a fridge full of healthy yummy OP food, and menus planned for the next week, so I'll be ready.

Ruth, I know if I look through my stash of fabric, I'll find leftover material from the baby clothes I made for my GD, Caitlyn, 16 years ago. I'm a pack-rat too, when it comes to saving fabric, but you never know when it'll come in handy for something. Gloom and wet, we're both enjoying the same weather pattern for the next several days.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Oh how fun are these???

Yeah, I've been MIA, I know. I'm so TIRED. It sucks when you have a weekend off and all you do is sleep. It was a nice day yesterday, too, but I just slept all day.

Today is grocery day. We're going to try a different store than we usually go to because it has EVERYTHING we want/need in the same place. I just hope it doesn't break us. We'll see...

Better start on my list. I'm attaching a picture of me in my Halloween costume. I love Halloween!

Talk soon girlies!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 03-26-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Cutie costume, Weezle! There is a Halloween Party at the Long Horn next Saturday but I'll be away and will miss it. Last year my friend Moel Benoit dressed all in black with a beret and mustache and carried a feather duster. He went as a French Tickler!

It's gloomy, cold, wet and depressing here right now. Even the fire in the woodstove isn't helping much. Hersh and I will go visit Harry after his "quiet time" - I doubt that will lift my spirits but it will assuage my guilt. I had a bowl of split pea soup for lunch which was a comfort on such a day. I think I'll snuggle in for a nap now.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new at my end,met my friends at our Sunday Morning Brunch. I brought my L/C bread with me. Eatting the l/c pizza yeasterday afternoon made with flaxseed meal,really gave me tummy ache. I guess my bodys not use to all that fiber.Have to be careful when adding fiber back in after being on Phase 1 for a while.I think I'm going to take it easy for a couple of days.

Hugs BB
Old 10-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Hahaha Ruthie, your friend sounds quite creative! That's really clever! Sorry you have to miss out on your Halloween party. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays (after Thanksgiving and Christmas, of course.)

Just got in from the store... going to visit with Dad and the little dogs for awhile today. Haven't seen Daddy since before they left for Key West, which was a couple of weeks ago! Sheesh!

Have a great evening girls!
Old 10-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #14  

I had a great time at training this weekend and learned a lot of good ideas about taking the boys camping and starting their preparation toward Boy Scouts. I'm really looking forward to taking them to Webelos Woods in two weeks - except that it will probably be even colder then. It was quite cold this morning. I definitely needed another layer or two and may need to see about a warmer sleeping bag.

We cooked food in aluminum foil packs for dinner last night and even wrapped apples with brown sugar and cinnamon and put them in foil and cooked them over the charcoil. There was still a burn ban at this Boy Scout camp. I guess they hadn't gotten as much rain. I kept thinking how easy it would have been for them to convert the food to South Beach. Even breakfast this morning was eggs in a Ziplock bag with cheese, Rotel, cooked meat and ROtel if you wanted it. Boiled until it was done and put onto a warmed tortilla. But we needed whole what tortillas Oh, well, my weight was down when I got home. I'll see what it is first thing tomorrow morning.

Now, I need to plan one more meal and head to the store.
Closed Thread