Old 10-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #1  

Default Old Wt watcher,s dessert recipe

Hi
I am looking for a really old recipe dessert called broken glass.
It had a graham cracker base and the dessert was made of whipped dream whip,pineapple juice and 3 different flavours of diet jello cut in squares and folded in the mixture. I can,t remember all the ingredients. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks.
Gramma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:20 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

This hasn't been changed over to Weight Watchers methods, but I'm thinking if you reduce the amoun of butter, use lowfat graham crackers, sugar free jello and splenda, still in the amounts listed, you should have it! Good Luck!

BROKEN GLASS DESSERT

CRUST
22 squares. crushed graham crackers
6 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
2 tbsp. sugar

Combine crushed graham crackers with sugar and butter and stir until well blended. Press firmly into a 9 inch square glass dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool.

1 sm. pkg. yellow Jello
1 sm. pkg. orange Jello
1 tbsp. unflavored gelatin
1 c. sugar
1 sm. pkg. red Jello
1 sm. pkg. green Jello
1 pt. cream
1/4 c. sweet pineapple juice

Prepare Jello using only 1 1/2 cups hot water for each color of Jello. Pour into a pie pan and let set. When Jellos are completely set, dice into inch squares. Dissolve 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin and 1/4 cup water. Add 1/4 cup boiling water and 1/4 cup pineapple juice. Whip 1 pint cream and add 1 cup sugar. Fold in diced Jellos and spoon into cooled crust. Chill at least 6 hours. You can add crushed pineapple to this if you'd like.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #3  

Thankyou so much Kelly. I will adapt it and take it from there. I lost a number of recipes and unfortunately my Wt. Watcher,s.
Gramma3 is offline   Reply With Quote