Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default Anybody have a speedbump weight?

I don't know what else to call it. I'm currently within a pound of being at the weight that has historically been my lowest weight for any program I've ever been on.

For some reason, seeing 164 on the scale is the number that causes me to backslide. This is usually when people start noticing the loss and commenting, which makes me uncomfortable. I don't like the attention. I think I try to make it go away by getting fat again.

I need a plan for getting past this number. Maybe I should try not to weigh again until my next doctor appointment next month. I'm definitely going to commit to exercising every day this week. When I've done that, I'll make another exercise goal.

Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone have any advice on how I can shoot past this bump?
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had the same type of issue with 151 lbs. , my lowest known weight since high school. It seemed like everytime I lost wt. that I couldn't get below this number. Same problem this time. What I finally had to do was quit weighing so often. I'd see the 151 and within the week, I'd be back up a few lbs. It took me several weeks to just quit weighing, exercise and eat right, then finally I hit 147 and though "OMG, I got past it". Haven't seen that dreaded 151 again and hope I never do. Good luck to you, you will break past that number too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #3  

Thanks, Lily. I think that's what I'm going to have to do to get past it. I'll have to trick myself.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:20 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Funny that yours is 164 because mine is exactly 264 I have reached this weight twice in the past few years, and each time, it was the end of the dieting road for me, and I gained a bunch of weight back. For some reason, I just can't seem to get past it and into the 250s.

I think, for me, it's the amount of time it takes for me to reach 264 from my starting weight. It feels like I work so hard for so long to get down to 264, and for what? For me in my stubborn body, I wear the SAME SIZE clothing at 264 as I do at 304. I think the numbers going down on the scale can only hold my attention for so long, and when I don't lose a pant size, I get so discouraged that I turn to bingeing.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #5  
USAF Girl - Soon

My "speed bump" weight so far has been 192. The first ten or fifteen pounds seems to be the hardest. I'm going to deny myself the idea of weighing in again for at least this week. Maybe next too, if I can forget about it long enough.
Jagdflieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #6  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Mine so far seems to be 182. I haven't been able to break that for long at all, but I will!

I'm soo tired of seeing the 180s since July.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #7  

I got a new exercise video today. Dh will be out of town all week, so I'll have plenty of time to get my exercise in. I haven't had a great eating weekend on the heals of that new number, so I have some making up to do. I'm going to avoid the scale for the week. If I can make it a whole week, I'll try to avoid it for another.