South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Fun Fun Fun Friday Chat - Oct. 20

Wakey! Wakey! It's Friday! Come and sit at my kitchen table and sip some coffee or other hot drink while the furnace warms up the place. I've been up since 4:30 and really need my caffeine. I hate to go downstairs too early as The Girls need their beauty sleep.

Dark, cold and gloomy again this morning. Where are those beautiful blue and gold October days? At least the farmers won't be worrying about going into winter with dry land! We have just exceeded normal rainfall for the month and there is more predicted! I just hope next weekend is clear as I go on a weekend retreat at a campgound for heaven's sake! We're in cabins but still....

This morning I am going to take some more "decor" to Harry's room at the Home. I avoided taking in too much stuff as I knew he's be moved out while the floor was redone. I've got plants, pictures and his favourite wood carvings which I just detest! The afternoon, weather permitting, Kevin comes to measure for new eavestroughing and some roof repair. That should fill up the day. If it's not raining tomorrow, I may get some gardening done. I have a ton of bulbs to plant!

What's happening on your stretch of sand?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:29 AM   #2  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Ruth! Hope the rain holds off for you tomorrow. I'm hoping to get out to a pumpkin farm with the kids tomorrow so I hope it's a dry day.

Not much going on around here. It's the 3rd day back on P1 and it's going okay. I'm a little worried about the weekend b/c when my time is unstructured I tend to go off plan.

I have a question on my menus if anyone has time to take a look. I've been tracking my calories and I'm only coming in around 950. I know I need to eat more, but I'm having trouble fitting it in. Here's my menu for the last two days:
10/18 Wednesday
B - coffee w/ 1/2 cup 2% milk
S - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
L - lentil/mushroom soup
D - 1 can tuna, 1 tbsp. light mayo, cucumber, 1/4 cup ff cheese
S - tea
10/19 Thursday
B - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
L - coffee w/ sf caramel syrup, chicken casear salad w/ 1.5 oz dressing
S - Almonds (15)
D - venison roast, 1 cup broccoli & 2 tbsp. parm. cheese
S - sbd chocolate milkshake

I would like to get more veggies in, but I'm having a hard time finding quality ones around here right now. Maybe in a week or two as the stores stock back up after the storm? But even more veggies wouldn't add enough calories?
I'd appreciate any suggestions - TIA!

Hope everyone has a good OP day.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

B - coffee w/ 1/2 cup 2% milk add eggs
S - 1/2 cup cottage cheese add chopped peppers and onion
L - lentil/mushroom soup add salad and dressing
S. nuts
D - 1 can tuna, 1 tbsp. light mayo, cucumber, 1/4 cup ff cheese add chickpeas, a glass of milk or yoghurt
S - tea ricotta cream for an evening snack
10/19 Thursday
B - 1/2 cup cottage cheese add a hardboiled egg and some veggies
L - coffee w/ sf caramel syrup, chicken casear salad w/ 1.5 oz dressing roasted chick peas will add crouton-like crunch plus fiber
S - Almonds (15)
D - venison roast, 1 cup broccoli & 2 tbsp. parm. cheese add tomatoes, some legumes, a glass of skim milk or yoghurt
S - sbd chocolate milkshake OK but you could make your own. Even Dr. A. does not suggest shakes in Phase I

I hope this helps a bit.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:06 AM   #4  

Kelly - Try tossing some veggies with olive oil and roasting them with your dinner. That will get you some healthy calories as well as vegetables. Maybe some Taco Bake or black bean soup. Drink your milk and eat yogurt and that will help too. I'd be starving if I ate as little as you are eating.

Ruth - We're supposed to have a dry weekend which I'm really glad of since tomorrow night I'll be in a tent in a primitive Boy Scout camp. Anything without flush toilets is primitive to me! I just hope this site doesn't have those huge spiders. I HATE spiders.

Last night was really fun. They had a math night up at school with all different types of math related games for the kids to play. Brian enjoyed all of them especially Pentominos but I think the boys loved building structures out of toothpicks and tiny marshmallows the best. I'm off work today and need to get a bunch of stuff done since I'll be gone almost all weekend.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, we're sharing that rainy gloomy morning, but it's been promised that the sun will peek out around noon and be sunny for the weekend. I hope yours clears up as well. How's Harry enjoying his own room? I'm sure it will seem much more homey to him once you decorate it with his own familiar things around him.

Kelly, Good Morning! You are getting in way too few calories. I think you should include more protein and lots more veggies. I'm using a lot of frozen veggies right now, and have you tried drinking V8 juice? How about heating a can of diced tomatoes and adding that to your cottage cheese? Also, you should try to include more legumes in your diet, too. There are some wonderful soups on the Recipe Boards, with lots of beans and veggies in them, you should try them, especially the Fireside Sausage and Bean Soup, that's a favorite. Good luck to you.

I'm just going to tidy up around here a little this morning, and take my time reading the paper for once. Since it's going to be a wet day, I'm taking the movie "Fly Away Home" for the girls to watch this afternoon, and we'll snuggle up to watch it with a bowl of popcorn, and veggies and hummis for me. I haven't decided yet what to have for supper tonight, any ideas?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Barb! I'm glad it's going to be dry for your camping weekend. I'm with you regarding flush toilets! You gave me a great idea for a project for the girls with the toothpicks and marshmallows, they'll love doing that! Thanks!!! Have a fun weekend!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Everyone!! TGIF for sure!!!

DH and I just wanted to stay snuggled up under the covers all morning! I again missed my workout on account of the cuddling. Oh well, I'll just have to jump on the treadmill tonight after dinner!!

Ruth: I would love a cup of hot tea and a few minutes to chat! Save a seat for me!! I think it's hilarious that the Girls sleep later than you. Our mini dachsund crawls under the bed when we get up too early for him!! Hope your retreat comes through!

Kelly: Good morning! I know what you mean about not having enough veggies or calories in your day! It's really hard, especially on P1. For the veggies, if you can stand the taste (I actually like), drink 4 - 8 oz of V8 a day. It really boosts my veggies on days when I'm rushed or running low. Just make sure it's the veggie kind and not the fruit stuff. As far as calories go, I don't even monitor them. If I'm hungry, I eat and I know that I have enough to get me through the day and my workouts. Not scientific, but it works. I also take a multivitamin and calcium chew daily to get my nutrients in!

Morning Barb!! Your night last night sounds like it was fun -- and what a great way to teach math!! I hope you get all your things done today!

Cottage: Your day with the girls sounds wonderful! I'm having the taco bake for dinner! DH has it with tortilla chips (has he learned anything!?), and I have it with salad. Yummy, yummy.

Today may be boring at work since I'm not sure what I have to do. Boss man had a fire call this morning, so he's running late. I guess I need to organize the files and such, but I'm feeling like there's something "important" I need to do! Oh well.

Ranger is fine (my doggy, mama's boy). We took him to the vet yesterday and he had the thing on his head drained. Doc still doesn't know what it is, but thinks he'll be fine. Toby (DH's doggy, man of the house) decided that the attention over Ranger was too much and ripped one of his toenails off. Geez. At least he was nice enough to bleed on the linoleum. We cleaned it up and sprayed some of that clotting spray on it. We'll see how it does!

Have a great day! Coffee's done, so I need a cup!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #8  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for the advice Ladies. I'm having the lentil soup again today for lunch but now I'll sneak on down to the caf. for a salad to add to it. I have a hard time cooking a full meal after work (hungry kids, hungry pets, and exhaustion do not make for a lot of patience) so I'll try to make at least 1 extra dinner and the black bean soup this weekend for later in the week. My only trouble with the legumes is I think they might be a trigger for me. I have to really watch how much I'm eating of them or I'm craving carbs big time.
When I go shopping tonight, I'll take my time in the frozen section and big up some veggies - I'd gotten away from using them during the summer with all the fresh produce, but I guess it's time to go back.

Ruth - sorry, the milkshake was homemade. I think I got the recipe off the forum. It's cottage cheese, milk, ice, cocoa, vanilla & splenda and back when I could find baby spinach, I threw a handful of that in as well. It's yummy.

Thanks again girls. I forgot to mention that I have to watch my cholesterol now (dr's orders) and I'm having a much harder time than before finding things to eat b/c of it - your advice is much appreciated!
Old 10-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh! It's snowing! This is too frassing early!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Snow, ALREADY!! I couldn't live there!!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #11  

It's supposed to be 26 deg. F tomorrow night here, so I'm sure you'd rather be there than here, Barb.
We've had a few flakes in the air, but no snow to stick.
Closed Thread