Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Back Fat!!!

I was wondering if anybody had any advice on excercises to get rid of back fat. I've always had big boobs, round bum and thighs, a small waist and a bit of a rounded abdomen. Now I've got all this extra stuff behind me, lurking under my bra. My recent diet changes and exceicise routine have helped my waist, boobs and bum get smaller, but there are still these rolls following me around. Help!!!
fitaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:45 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I don't know how old you are, but I am almost 50 and I find in the last year I have been seeing more back fat too ... I read somewhere that older women tend to accumulate fat back there as they get older ... I can't remember where I read that. I've even noticed that slim older women (older than me) at the gym have back fat too. I am presently working really hard to get rid of it.

On the weeks that I eat extremely clean, drink my water and exercise a lot, the back fat goes down, I just wish I was more consistent.

There is no such thing as spot reduction so I guess we just have to keep trucking with weight training, cardio and clean eating ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I'm in my 20s, only 20 some pounds overweight and I have back fat. I've lost a good deal of that bra fat, and went down a bra band size just by losing 10 pounds.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:42 AM   #4  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

I don't have much of this, But I do know that at the gym that I went to last night they had a machine to tone back muscles and get rid of fat!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:32 AM   #5  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitaitch View Post
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on excercises to get rid of back fat. I've always had big boobs, round bum and thighs, a small waist and a bit of a rounded abdomen. Now I've got all this extra stuff behind me, lurking under my bra. My recent diet changes and exceicise routine have helped my waist, boobs and bum get smaller, but there are still these rolls following me around. Help!!!
I'm sorry but Ilene is right, there is no way to control where you will lose weight from... there was even an article on this on MSN...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13616227/

The best thing you can do is to try to tone the area as much as possible, so that the area is as firm as possible, and wear a well fitting bra. A bra that fits well not only makes you look 5-10 lbs lighter (at least) but will also help de-emphasize back fat because of how the bra fits. Also, you will most likely tend to lose weight first in the areas your body collects it first (chest/stomach/hips/thighs), so if you are gonna lose back fat, then you mill most likely lose back fat last
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Thank you sthatreallyme those were no-nonsense, straight to the point articles...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #7  

I would say do some exercises that tone your back and sides and see if that helps. Also watch what you eat and possibly stay away from extra carbs. Hope that helps.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #8  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Hope that you can find something to help you!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote