View Poll Results: Where are you when you check in and/or post?
School 0 0%
Work 4 33.33%
Home 6 50.00%
Any combination of the three. 2 16.67%
None of the three--other. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #1  

Smile Home of the Loozing Floozies (#97)

Welcome to the best forum on 3FC!!!

Yup, I like to brag a little about the Loozing Floozies, because I think we're one of the best groups of ladies you'll find for motivation and support!

We've been through a lot together--kids going to college or to war, stressful times at work and school (and home!), buying and selling homes and cars, losing and (ug!) gaining weight. Through it all we've always managed to be here for each other with a when needed!

If you would like to be a part of our group you're more than welcome to join in at anytime! Visitors are always welcome--and, who knows?, maybe you'll find a permanent hang out!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #2  

Hmmmm..... Maybe no one will notice that we have two 97's?

Whew! Girls, whatever possessed me to think I could handle two classes this semester? I am apparently on CRACK! Well, maybe I should be (JK), then I could get some of this work done and still have energy left over at the end of the day!

I went to Branson with Mom this week-end, which is why I've not been around. I shouldn't have gone, because I had a take-home mid-term and a 4-6 page paper due today. I did a SLIGHT amount of work while we were in the hotel room, but, please! I'll be happy with a C on this test! I'm HOPING I did well enough to earn a C!

I haven't started on the paper for tonight yet. Luckily I don't have to work today, so maybe I'll be able to throw something together!

Glad to hear Aunt Hazel is home.

Glad you had fun at the dance, Vouge. I've twisted my left ankle a couple of times. Now, every once in a while it'll pop BIG and feel sooooo good!

Catch the rest of you later!

Oh! Gayle, how was your week-end?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Good Monday Morning Floozies!

I'm trying to get back on track now that things are getting back to normal around here. I have two weeks of eating out and not exercising to correct. No more excuses for eating fast food on the run and no more excuses not to get on the treadmill...it's time to get to work!

Shelley ~ It sounds like you are being very sensible about your exercise! Good for you!

Vogue ~ The military meals that you had in school were probably the MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) and they aren't the best, but some of them are ok. I'm not exactly sure what it is that Travis is getting now. He says they are a step up from MRE's, and that they are a little better.
Last fall I got a Seal-a-Meal and discovered that I could make homemade cookies, vacuum seal them and send them to him in the mail. I wouldn't think that they would be all that good after two weeks in the mail, but he says they are great and that all the guys start circling like vultures when he gets a box of cookies!

We have some MIA's don't we? I know I haven't been around much the past two weeks and I've probably missed some posts about where everyone is. Help fill me in...where is everyone?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
Hmmmm..... Maybe no one will notice that we have two 97's?
I won't tell if you won't!

Good news all around! I'm back to my ticker weight for 3 days in a row! Time to start losing those last 4 pounds. My in-laws arrived bearing gifts and we had a great time last night. I made the baked halibut and it was fabulous! Only problem was my side vegies. I didn't know that MIL won't eat broccoli and cauliflower (says they cause cankers) and FIL doesn't like either one cooked but will eat them raw. Of course, I steamed enough for 8 people, so I have tons of leftovers now. Not that it is a problem, there's a lot of halibut leftover so we'll have that tomorrow for dinner (no cooking!)

It should be a good week for dieting. Tuesday will be my ONLY evening home for dinner (and it will be those fabulous leftovers). Tonight DD and I play Bingo at the old-folks home, Wednesday is a band booster meeting (why they schedule this during dinner time, I'll never understand). Thursday is my charity meeting and Friday we have a home football game (we splurge these nights and get burritos at the game--yummy ones from a great local restaurant). The other days, since I won't have time for a real meal, DD and I will grab a Jamba Juice and have that suffice for dinner. I feel a pound melting away already!

Have a gread day everyone!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:55 AM   #5  

Cheryl-I've got my fingers crossed for a good grade on your papers.

Ali-Yay, on staying OP, and your weight cooperating.

Suzy-I'm sure Travis does like your home cooked meals sent to him. That's a great idea for you to have been doing.

We are in the middle of refinancing our home (I don't know if I told you or not.) I only hope the appraisal comes out okay. The back room is horrible, that's one of the things we are going to fix up with the extra funds, along with the bare cement floor in the living room, and both of the bathrooms, one of which has nothing on the walls, since I tore off the wallpaper months ago. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm hoping the appraiser understands that we are doing this not only for a lower rate, but to improve our home.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #6  
Janice

I have been reading the posts and trying to catch up. It has been busy around here.
Cheryl - Good luck on your paper. I think you will probably do better than you think.
Dee - Cold and rainy here today. Did you send me this??
Shelley - Glad to see you are running again - how is it going?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #7  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

today I basically ran our stand at the school carnival. it was so tireing. My group i was with is the school newspaper . ( Hoping to be a journalist in the future) I brought the table , made the signs and all the candy bowls geez it was hard work but im guessing its starting to pay off cause the editor is a senior and so if half the newsstaff, and today she said " yeah this is amy , shes my number one newsgirl this year, shes always writing awsome articles and vollenteering !" To the advisor! Man I want her psotion next year!!!! I am even going to go to a 10 day camp and UF for journalism !!!! Im hoping to partcicpate in the newsroom program where I spend a day in the newsroom with a journalist and learn all about writing and stuff. I cant wait for the summmer. The ankle is also all better yay!

shell- fingers crossed

alli- havin fun? You can lose those pesky pound you can do it , can do it , !!!

suzy- dont kill your self over your last two weeks , just jump back on the treadmill and end that habit. mabey I did have those meals I dont know but I just remember that. 5 more pounds you too can do it!

4 myself- I had so much fun thanks, not sure what your talking about popping an ankle a little confused here......Dont stress over the papers, work hard get it dont with then enjoy yourself.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouge09 View Post
4 myself- I had so much fun thanks, not sure what your talking about popping an ankle a little confused here......Dont stress over the papers, work hard get it dont with then enjoy yourself.
You know, like popping (some people call it "cracking"--like to crack your knuckles) your neck or your fingers--my ankle does that sometimes.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

The weather here is miserable today! It's cold, wet and windy...yuck!

I went to the sewing center today and ordered my birthday present...a new Janome sewing machine. It should be in by the end of the week! Woohoo...I'm so excited!

I've been working on a quilt to send to Travis for Christmas. I made it all from scraps and fabric that I had on hand. A friend of mine just bought an HQ Sixteen quilting machine, so I offered it to her to practice her quilting on. I don't know if you can tell from the photo or not but she meandered all through it scattering stars here and there. I think she did a beautiful job and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...c/IM002391.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...c/IM002392.jpg

Sheesh...you know if I spent as much time on the treadmill as I do sitting on my butt sewing I would be a size 3!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #10  

I like it! I started a quilt (well, it turned into a baby-sized quilt because I bought the material off the $1 rack at Wal-Mart & didn't get enough) forever ago and am too lazy to finish it!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:13 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Suzy, the quilt is gorgeous! I love the scattered stars, it adds a folk touch to the piece. Travis will love it!!!

Cheryl, I wish I could quilt too...no patience for it here though. How is the new car?

Shelley, when will you find out about the appraisal? Best of luck to you sweetie. I have several projects around here that cntinue to be on my "to do" list. 2 years ago (almost) I purchased the paint to paint a bathroom. Mom had her heart attack and the paint is still sitting in the can.

Vouge, I hope you get the job next year. It's great your following your passion.

Janice, so it is cold there too? Did you get your pool closed down before the cold hit?

Dee, where you at chickie?

Allison, the dinner sounded wonderful. You are a very busy lady.

Vickster, congrats on the weight loss. Don't be a stranger.

Chat with you all in the morning!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:51 AM   #12  
Janice

Good morning all.
Gayle - Our pool has been closed since September, we close it before all the leaves from the neighbors pool fall into it.
Gayle- I have a question for you. My dog is 13 years old. She has such a hard time getting up from the tile floors. I have mats all over the house for her. She is on pain medication, but I try not to give her too much for fear it will damage her liver and kidneys.
I bought a harness called a hip hound that helped support her hips, but she hated it and keep chewing at it. It was always sliding around too. I am at my wits end how else to help her. Any ideas? She is my baby.
Suzy - Your quilt is lovely!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Janice, you will think I'm crazing, but the first thing to pop into my head is Elderberry concentrate. It is a highly concentrated tonic and is safe for pets. You could try adding a teaspoon a day to her food. Another thing, is she on a really good food for older dogs? Sometimes just the change in food will help an animals motoring about. If you want info about the tonic, I can send you a link Janice. Guess you could always make her booties with grips on the bottom! LOL!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

coles--my dog (she was 16 years old) had the same problem last year. At the time, we tried the same thing. We had mats and runners all over and she would walk around them. I think she liked lying on the tile because it kept her cooler (Golden Retreiver--summer--long hair). She was on all types of meds, but nothing worked for more than a month and she'd take a turn for the worse. It was really sad and in the end we had to put her down (when it got to the point where she couldn't walk at all and therefore couldn't relieve herself). She had also gone blind by then and she had been deaf for several years. It was her time.

ANYWAY, not to put a damper on things......I saw some different things at PetSmart--little booties (which would be very easy to chew off) and it seems to me there was this stuff you painted on their paws to make them kind of sticky. Does that make sense? That sounded like what we needed at the time.

Best of luck to you. It's hard watching our babies get old.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #15  

Suzy that is a lovely quilt. I know someone else that would love it....

Gayle thanks for calling me back. I have had a cold and have stayed in bed longer that usual and no not with Larry! Get your mind out of the gutter.....lol

Today is a buzy day. Jason't birthday is tomorrow but we are celebrating it today. I am cooking dinner for the family tonight. I still need to wrap all those presents. I have a guy coming down shortly to install a blind in the garden room and my sister Gail is coming in to town and we are going out for lunch. Somewhere in there I want to go to the Gym but I don't know if it will happen.
I better get my butt in gear so that dindin will happen.

Have a good one.
Closed Thread