Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:43 PM   #1  
Stop the INSANITY!

S/C/G: ?/NO WAY/ 165

Height: 5'6"

Red face I am back.... Had to get over my scale issues!

Hey ya'll.... Glad to be back posting. I posted a while back about not being able emotionally to get on the scale. Your posts were positive and inspiring but I couldn't do it! Finally, I had to make a doctors appointment for health issues I have been having and that is when I had to get on the scale. THE DREADED DOCTORS SCALE ( I swear they are off - not in my favor!). And there it was... the unwanted truth. I am up 45 pounds from what I weight 5 years ago. I swore I would never let myself go like this and here I am. I am embarraced.
It is time to make a difference. I plan to check my weight weekly to keep things on track. NO MORE FEAR of the scale. Sounds Crazy but I know thereare alot of you out there just like me.
My goal is to get 20 pounds off to start. It would be nice to do it before the holidays but that is not realistic. I am working on eating healthy ( low fat ) and exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
I want to thank you all for the awesome responses I had to my scale issue. It took going to the doctor due to serious health issue come over the fear of knowing the facts.
I will be posting more often with hopes we can inspire each other!
Thank you support group!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:52 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Back!! Don't fear the scale. You are so much more than a stupid number on a scale! Doctors scales always lie anyways and usually not in our favor. 20 pounds is a very realistic goal to start with. I hated the scale myself, I refused to get on it until I was sure I was back in the 180's. I just didn't want to have my fears confirmed that I was as heavy as I was. Looking back, I'm glad I finally gave in and found out where I was. Its actually kind of nice to know what I've managed to lose in the past 5 months.
You will succeed!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:39 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm so glad you did, now it's done it's over with and you can deal with it. You really can't change what you don't acknowledge. The great part is you get to watch the scale go down and down it will. I
Old 10-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #4  
Bikini Season :)

doctors' scales lie. my scale loves me and says im 11 lbs lighter than their's does...

good luck and keep at it!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:35 AM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I feel the same way... I always weigh more at the doctor's than it shows at home. Well, now, I weigh myself every week or so and add two pounds to make sure I have a grip on reality and to give me a kick in the butt. Like I've been weighing 163 the past two or three weeks and that means I'm technically 165-166, which is not too far from my starting weight so I start getting to the gym almost every morning and really thinking about foods I put in my mouth. It's a good incentive. Now that you've faced reality, you can conquer it and come out a winner! Just think, when you get down to your goal weight or even your mid goal weight, you have an accurate picture of just how much you lost! Take heart!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #6  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

i have a digi scale at home, a digi at my doctor and a "old school" doctor scale at work. The one that teeters back and forth. Well.. I am 2lbs heavier in the dr and work scale but Im sure thats because I have clothes on.. at home I am stark naked, in the morning, pee'd no food in belly. hehe.. now something as drastic as 10lbs would concern me. But.. thats me, I am a freak, with obsessive compulsive tendencies and I just need things ( like my weight) to be consistant. Anyways.. I say screw the scale.. its all about the inches
Closed Thread