Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #1  

Default protein/fat/carbs?

Today is my second day on phase 1. Out of curiosity, I logged my foods onto fitday, and I was really suprised. It was about 40 percent protein, 40 percent fat (!!) and 20 carbs. I am alarmed about the fat. Most of it came from a handful of nuts, which is supposed to be OK.
Anyway, is their a ratio I should be shooting for? I intend to eat more veggies, I think that might help.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

More veggies will help. Are you on Phase I of South Beach? My ratio is usually 1/1/1 and fat is sometimes 40%. I try to avoid sat fats and trans fats, of course and choose healthy fats only. Remember that dairy and legumes are also on Phase I so eat them too. Check out the Phase I revised foodlist for nut quantities - how big is your hanful?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #3  

Thanks Ruthxxx! I think my handful was about 1/4 cup. I'm going to keep nut consumption low, maybe every other day or so. And I'm going to add alot more veggies.( I hate that carrots are out. )And I plan on eating at least one meal or snack based around beans.
Closed Thread