South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Try Harder Tuesday - Oct. 17

Good morning from cold and rainy Delta where two spoiled dogs are still sleeping on the couch in the back room. It feels like a fire would be a good idea this morning but I hate to start that so soon. If I didn't have a 2 foot thick stone wall to cut through, I'd get a heat vent out in that room which was built on as a spring-summer sunroom.

No weight change from yesterday so today will be a try harder day! I'll start off with a fiber shake which always fills me up for the morning. That will be followed by ongoing scaling of Mount Laundry. Late this afternoon, I will take one of the dogs with me for our official Maple View visit and then some home for a late supper.

Right now, I'm going to read yesterday's posts that I missed.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #2  

Default Tuesday Chit Chat

Good morning!

Need coffee......

Just thought I would get us started off. I made it to bed without cheating- this is the first time in a LONG while that I was totally on program all day. I have a meeting today and we will be going out to lunch. No idea where, but I figure I can get a salad just about anywhere!

Busy day for me as I have two meetings and then Bible study tonight. I doubt I will be back in today.

It sounds like many of us are in the same boat with working the plan. We CAN do this girls, because we don't give up!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Twitterings

Twitterings? Is that a word? Well, I'm leaving it as is, anyway.

Another rainy day, we've been getting a lot of it lately. Nothing much is planned for today, just the usual comings and goings. I'm making a Taco Bake for supper, so I'm taking the ingredients to Cindy's with me so Maggie can help me make it. Maybe we'll make one for their supper tonight, too.
I stayed pretty much OP yesterday, although for lunch once I saw Pumpkin Soup on the menu, I just had to have it. Mmmmmm! But I didn't have the Harvest Bread that came with it, the girls were fighting over it before I got the chance to even think of eating it.
Well, better go see what to take for my lunch today, and decide what to have for my breakfast, too. I have to take the little ones to school this morning, so no time for doddering around.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Whoops! Looks like we'll have our choice of Tuesday's chats today!

Good Morning Kiko and Ruth!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Ruth! I closed my eyes and clicked and this is the Tuesday thread I got! Hope the girls are nice and warm on that couch! It's chilly here for us - 50 outside and 68 inside the house. I know some of you would love those temps, but us being from coastal Texas, IT'S COLD!!!

I just finished a 50 minute pilates aerobic dvd and a 30 minute weight set. I feel pretty good about starting weights, but am a little shocked from how poorly I did compared to the last time I was on a weight program. Oh well, baby steps and I'll get there.

Today may be pretty busy @ work, but tonight it's just me and a magazine and a hot soak in the tub!! Stuffed crock-pot bell peppers for dinner, and a pretty good rest of the day planned. Hope everyone has a wonderful morning!!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Too funny. Three of us started the thread at the same time! I'll combine and see who comes out "on top"! I've had breakfast and have swept the pine needles off my deck. There's enough to make a mattress!

Now to combine threads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I win!!!! The system merges threads with the earliest posted one on top.

Looks like some of us are having a wee bit of trouble staying OP. Maybe we should start a menu thread for inspiration and encouragement.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #7  

Morning Gals! Hope you've all been doing well! We had to leave our home for 2 days due to the aftermath of the chemical fire .. Thankfully DH's work put us up in a LaQuinta that is doggie friendly! Then I came down with a humdinger of a cold.. I'm still not up to par but figured I better turn the puter on and see whats new with you all!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #8  

Ruth - I think the menu thread is a great idea. I know when I was first starting out, it helped to see what others were eating.

Kiko - Can you believe the 3.5 inches of rain we got has only raised Lake Lavon .36 inches? I was really hoping it had helped the drought. Oh, well, yes we did get quite a bit of rain on Sunday but we packed up most of our stuff on Saturday night so we just had to get the tent and the stuff inside it pack in the rain. Looks like today will be nice enough that we can lay the tent out in the back yard and wash off the mud. Congrats on staying OP.

cottage - MMM. I love Taco Bake. DH isn't fond of beans so I make one corner of the pan without beans which just means more beans for Brian and I.

Kim - I'm a wimp with the cold too (living in Dallas and growing up in Tampa). Today we are supposed to be back up in the 80's but I hope it isn't cold and wet on Saturday/Sunday when I'm camping with other adults.

Schatzi - I'm glad you could take your dogs with you. Sounds like some chicken soup might be the thing for that cold.

Me - I'm working from home today and have a den meeting tonight. I'll go and throw the chicken in the crockpot in a few minutes so we can eat before the meeting tonight. I wanted a way to use the saffron I have while it is still fresh and I've always like chicken and yellow rice. I've never tried this recipe though so I'll have to see how it comes out.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/130/120

Height: 5'3

Ruth – What’s in your fiber shake?
Kiko – Congrats on a solid day! I love those.
Cottage – I love pumpkin soup! I have some carrot ginger soup waiting for me in my fridge, but I am trying not to open it until I am done with Phase 1! TRYING.
Schatzi – Sounds like you are having a heck of a week! I hope your stay at the LaQuinta is nice, last time I was at one, they had homemade cookies at the desk. Oh no! 
Barb – How much saffron do you put in? I have never cooked with it, but love Indian cusine.

As for me, I am on Day 9 of Phase 1. I haven’t cheated and that feels great. But I went from 132, 130, 130, 127.8, 127.8, 127.8, 129, 129. What gives! Shouldn’t the weight be going down  I really haven’t cheated. It makes me sad. But I am going to keep on trucking, I made it this far, I can make it 14 days.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #10  

Phish - This recipe calls for 1/16 tsp of saffron. It doesn't take much which is good since saffron is so expensive. As far as your weight, don't let it get to you. If you have used a little more sodium than normal or not drank as much water as normal or are just approaching TOM, then fluctuations can happen. You probably won't lose as much as some others since you dont' have much to lose either.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Phish - here's my Phase I Shake - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sear...earchid=961849
My Fiber shake is Phase II and is 1/2 cup Fiber One, a cup of skim milk and a half cup of blueberries or peaches. I sometimes add an egg white to UP the protein. Without the egg white it's 243 calories, 2 fat, 59 carbs, 18 fiber and 13 protein.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Hello chickies!

Try harder Tuesday..... that sounds about right...

Well... yesterday was suppose to be my first day of phase 2 and today I am redoing week 2 (and the final week) of phase 1. My BF made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for me this weekend and another friend kinda guilted me into eating pizza and sugar cookies with her yesterday.

Why am I allowing myself to be sabotaged???? It is seems that every time I start to do well and exert my willpower, I get soooo close and then just give in!! I don't think my friends realize that they are messing with my lifestyle. It's like... 'Wow! You look great, you are really doing well... here is some chocolate cake and pizza!'

I am not making excuses (not really). I know that no one else is making me put that food in my mouth... but they make it very hard. Especially when they are complimenting you while handing you the food.

I need to get back on track for me!
My menu egg w/ LF cheese, jalapeños, peppers &mushrooms
Snack- Low carb/sugar free yogurt and celery
Lunch- Greek Salad w/ chicken
Snack- nuts
Dinner- pork stir-fry
Snack- cheese stick

I am also planning to do a 30min workout when I get home. This WILL be my last week on Phase 1!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #13  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Afternoon Ladies!

Going to keep it short and too the point since I'm posting so late today. I've been working on my new crosstitch (mind you I've never done it before) and I hate the letters! they are falling all apart! I told myself I'd do that last and work on the flowers. I promise I'll take pictures when I'm done!

Kind of slacking a little this week because of it being cold and rainy. I'm probably going to hit the gym hard today and work out like crazy to get somewhere close to 900 minutes.

Ooo gotta run.... my new eye candy we just hired just walked in!
Closed Thread