Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default I changed my goal!!

Okay so I changed my ticker. Now I change it almost every other day or so as I lose a pound here or there but I keep the design the same. But today I CHANGED my ticker! I changed the design, AND the goal weight!! I originally thought 150 would be good enough for me. I go by the general rule of thumb of 100 pounds for a 5 foot person plus an extra 5-10 pounds for every inch after. So max "should" be 140. Then I decide to give myself a 10 pound leeway since I do walk ALOT! (Muscle is supposed to weigh more than fat) The lowest I ever seen on the scale in high school was 162 but I might have even made it to 150, not sure cause we didn't own a scale. I did get down to a size 10/12, down from being 200 pounds at the age of 15. I also have had 5 kids!

Anyhow but after seeing some of the success stories here. I really feel like I can lose more. Maybe I am shooting for the stars, maybe I will try and fail. But maybe I won't. Does anyone else feel this way now or in the past? Oh I almost forgot to add, I am shooting for 135 now!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Jasmine. I had originally planned on 155 for my goal. Then my Dr. told me he wanted me at 150. So, I changed mine to 145. I am at 140 right now and don't plan to go any lower. It's really just a number to shoot for and it took me a while to realize this. As long as I stay at or below the 150 I think I can be happy. I am 5'7. I like my clothing size and don't want to change that, I've bought so much that I can't afford to change sizes again. lol. Good luck with your new goal.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

Thanx Lily! I remember in a post you saying you got mad at the doc and wanted to beat him by 5 pounds! Then found out he didn't even know how tall you were! haha Yeah I see your and Glory's weights and you are both under 150 at 5'7 even! So if you two can do it, so can I. (I hope lol ) What size clothes are you wearing now? What kind of exercising are you doing now?

Alot of my friends in high school were 135 and wore a size 5. I knew I had done well but you still feel "big" standing next to them! If I can get down to 150-160 I know I would be very happy. But I would still want to lose more health wise. So shooting for 135 is a great plan.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Jasmine I am the same height as you. My ultimate goal is about 130. My ticker shows 137 because that is 50 pounds from my start weight. After I reach 137 I will try for 125-130, I want to maintain between 125-130.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I actually had illusions of granduer and had to reevaluate my goal UP. I am the same height and thought that 122 would be realistic for me to get to.
I now am shooting for your same goal, which I am so close to I can taste it. And, seeing as I was about the same starting weight as you, it sure does seem possible.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Jasmine, you can very well do it. You asked about my clothing size. As you can see I am smaller in hips and legs than up on top. I wear a size 4 in womens jeans or a size 5-7 in Jr. miss jeans. It all really depends on how the clothes are made. I wear a medium to a large in shirts. I have 2 skirts that are high-waisted and I wear a 6 in these. I know there is definitely "vanity sizing" because at this very close to same weight 13 yrs ago, I wore a size 8 in most anything.
As far as exercise, I use an exercise ball, jump rope and a treadmill. My exercise has been greatly reduced due to an ankle injury and I'm just now back up to 1/2 mile a day on the treadmill with an ankle brace on. No jump roping for the last couple months. I do the old Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies tapes sometime. I really need to find some new exercise tapes, LOL.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Jcatron that sounds good. Yeah right now I am just focusing on "the next 10". It seems less intimidating this way. We did our haloween challenge of losing 10 pounds and I am almost there!

Hey chica! You are very close! Great job! How are you doing it? What size are you now?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

That is great Lily you are doing so awesome! I bet you flipped when you seen size 4!! lol That is too bad about the ankle injury, that would drive me nuts!! I am still just doing my 60 minutes a day of walking but eventually I want to start strength training. Just not sure WHAT would be best.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:15 PM   #9  
lilybelle

Thanks Jasmine, I did flip when I saw the size 4, as I was a tight size 20 to start with. But, like I said, a size 4 now is about equivalent to a previous size 8. Which is fine with me.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:36 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I know that I'm nowhere as close to goal as any of you guys, I weigh in tomorrow and I know that my current weight will go down by at least 5 pounds, but anyway - I'm only 5 feet tall and 42 almost 3 years old with 3 kids - you're telling me that 125 is not a low enough weight for me. Oh gosh this is depressing. Maybe instead of wanting to lose all this weight I should be working on getting taller - not gonna happen - oh well.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #11  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

We all have different goals! And we all carry weight differently and have different builds; a perfect weight for me might be wayyy too heavy for a few other people my height. (As a matter of fact, it probably is, because I have a large frame and am VERY muscular by nature.) So don't feel depressed!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #12  
lilybelle

fed up, there is no reason why 125 wouldn't be a perfectly great wt. at your height. I'm sure that would be in the "normal" category". There are many women on here who are my height and are trying for the 120's, but I'm not one of them. Perfectly content in 140's. Yes, I could probably shoot for a little less, but I'm not going to do it. It's more a matter of body type and what wt. each person feels comfortable at as an individual.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:11 PM   #13  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm contemplating going the other way....I do quite a bit of weight training and I'm thinking I might aim for a solid size 8 instead of a scale based goal. I'm the same height as you, Jasmine31. You started pretty close to where I started, and I lost my weight doing pretty much exactly the same as you. Walking and watching what I was eating. You are younger than me - hopefully you won't have as much hanging skin as I did...I think weight training has helped me immensely there.

All that being said - I have been meaning to tell you that I enjoy your posts and positive attitude!! I think whether you make it to 135 or reevaluate when you get closer is all up to you. We are all built different. I never thought I would get to the point where my thighs don't rub together when I walk...but I have accomplished that....I'm wearing cords!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:32 PM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Its all about the way we carry our weight. I have been 115 pounds before, I starved myself to get there and couldn't stay there. At 5'3" I could get down to that weight without being underweight but I don't want to anymore. My goal was 150, I chose that because I know that is where my body naturally always wants to return to. Currently I'm down to 145 but I don't plan on pushing it too low this time. Why not stick with whats comfortable for you and quit worrying about what the damn charts say!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #15  
Meg

I always try to remember that my weight isn't tattooed on my forehead - no one knows what I weigh except for me. Heck, if I weighed 300 pounds and wore size 4, I'd be OK with it.

Once you get in the normal, healthy range, I think it's more about how you look and feel than a number. And a lot of time exercise, especially weight training - rather than losing more pounds - will get you the tight and fit body that you want. Mel, one of our mods, dropped two pants sizes (even though she gained a few pounds) when she started serious weight training ... and her story isn't unusual.
Closed Thread