Old 10-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/239/145

Height: 5 "8"

Default 10lbs down..but not for long

Hi, I've been lurking a bit in the shadows, working and in the hospital. But thanks to being in the hospital, I found I have lost 10 pounds.... But now that I am home and feeling much better, Im afraid the pounds will come right back on.I really want to stick to my diet and get back into shape.

My husband and I have planned our anniversary for next February...Im off to merry ol England for a wonderful week of no kids just hubby and me. Thats another reason I want to stick with my diet, I have so much to get accomplished and such little time to get it done in.

Does anyone have any info on Curves? There is one in town where I live, but I can never get an answer when I call there, and the parking lot is always empty, so Im not sure if they are open or what.

Thanks for allowing me to post here. Any suggestions on weight loss would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly,
Carman
Carman_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #2  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Carman, it's great to have you here!
I hope you're okay now that you're out of the hospital

I think something important to keep in mind is that long-term weight loss and maintenance usually occurs with a lifestyle change... people tend to diet a lot but we gain the weight back once we go off our diets. That's why you might find a lot of people recommending lifestyle changes... creating a "diet" that's an eating pattern you can live with comfortably for the rest of your life, and usually exercising too if you're able to

Good luck! Don't be a stranger
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:41 PM   #3  
DNR
Determined Woman

I belong to Curves - I just joined about a month ago so I don't have a lot of feedback yet. I am also a WW member, so I look for that to do more good as far as the weight loss part of it than Curves. I joined Curves to tone up. It's not a difficult workout - you can really go as often as you wish but they recommend 1/2 hour 3 times per week to be able to see results.

I'm not sure about how all Curves operate but the one I belong to is pretty upbeat - always thinking of new ways to get new members and have little contests to get members to recruit new members. The people who work there are very "chatty" in the mornings, whereas I like to just go, do my workout and leave. I'm not into all that contest participation.

You have to sign a 2 year contract at the one I belong to and it costs me about $30/month.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Glad you're feeling better after your hospitalization.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote