Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #1  

Exclamation 13 and Fat

Am 13 years old i weight 238 pounds.I can't control my self i eat for emotional reson last week i tryed a diet exersised with my sister every day we went out roller bladeing then one they i was roller bladeing and these girl started to talk about me they were behind me i pretended i didn't care but the moment i got home i ate till i pucked.How can i lose weight when sosiety the people around me and the world is holding me dow >?
1moretry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

wow hon, i think that most of the people here can totally relate. we have all been there. at least about the people being jerks. the best you can do is stick to it for yourself and ignore what other people say. i know its tough, but this is your life, and people that talk bad like that about other people most likely do it because they are trying to make themselves feel better about thier own self esteem issues. unfortunately, this is all part of being a teenager. dont let other people get you down. if you want to make a better life for youself, then do it. its obvious that you want to work on some things, and its great that your sister will help you. the thing that you have to realize is that diets dont work. life changes work. excersizing every day is a great start, but you will get tired of it. make small changes every day that you can stick to. walk to school (if its reasonable) walk your block, ride your bike, rollerblade, take the stairs, go to the mall and walk arround (avoid the food court - ha ha)

would you rather be heavy because people make fun of you, or happy because you proved the jerks wrong?

just keep coming back. if you need to vent this is a great place to do it

Luan
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #3  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

I can definately relate. When I was your age I was probably around 200 lbs. I hated myself & in turn people picked on me horribly. I got so depressed about my weight & the name calling & such that I thought about suicide alot. Teen years can be very hard.
Looking back I know what I should have done. I should have nipped the problem in the bud back then, then I wouldn't have a problem now. Adopt a healthy lifestyle. Exercise & move more, do fun activites - it doesn't have to be boring. Eat healthier, more veggies, fuit & water - less junk, fast food & sugar. If you get these things in order now then they will be second nature as you get older & you won't have to deal with a weight problem.
I missed out on a lot of great things in my teens because I was too heavy & too shy (because of the weight). Don't let these things hold you back. Don't let the jerks make you shy away from getting healthy. Develop a thick skin & keep doing what you're doing. Don't miss out on life because some people suck.
Stick to it & hang in there.
nonamesleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #4  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

Height: 5'6"

Since you are young and still growing, I wouldn't go on a diet without a doctor's supervision or consult. It may be a good idea to see a therapist as well in order to manage your emotional eating.

Just realize that there will always be people that will find a fault ,whether real or imaginary, to put others down with. The best way to deal with them is to realize that the problem is theirs and not yours. It sounds easier than done, but next time trying thinking "whatever" and moving on. If it keeps nagging at you keep telling yourself that the problem is theirs, not yours and that their negativity won't control me or ruin my day.

Also don't forget the value of finding things you like about yourself. Make a list if you have to. Stop the negative self-talk! Sometimes we really are our own worst enemy. Anytime you start to put yourself down, stop and think of what positive traits you have. Realize that nobody is hopeless.

There is no failing in trying. It took me years to find a lifestyle that worked for me. However you have the advantage since there was nothing like this site around when I was younger.

Just take things day by day. If you mess up one day, then that is okay. And nobody is perfect with their diet and exercise plans. You already have your sister as an exercise buddy so go on out there and have fun!
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome. Please try to ignore what the mean people are saying. They feel bad about themselves and try to boost themself by putting you down. Come here often and post. There are other teens that post on here. My own daughter is one of them and she is 14 and my step-daughter too that is 14. They have both been made fun of and ridiculed about their weight. I know it is hard because I've seen what they have went through. Get out and enjoy the physical exercise and don't worry about the others. I'm glad your sis is there to workout with you that makes it twice as nice. Make small changes in what you eat, such as giving up soda pop, don't eat regular chips, try to avoid fried food, candy and junk food. Try to eat healthy meats, veggies, fruits and such. (My daughter likes the fat-free pringles and 100 calorie snack packs as a treat). Hugs to you. It is great that you are trying to make some lifestyle changes while you are young. You don't need to be super-strict to see change, just do your best and if you have a bad meal or a bad day, just get right back on plan with your next meal. We're all here to support you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #6  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, and GOOD FOR YOU on taking charge of your life and health. I wish I'd done so at such a young age. Please do hang around, and post often! This site is wonderful.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

lilybelle - wow, i looked at your thread and your progress is inspiring. what did you do to lose the weight?
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

princess, I have done Atkins, per my Dr.'s instruction to do Low Carb with my particular health problems. Thanks.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:09 AM   #9  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi There! You've been given some great advice above. I'd just like to say that I think some of the best adivce is not to "go on a diet", they don't last as they are way too easy to come off of ... I know, because I started the whole "diet" thing way back in my teens, and look where it got me! I realise now that the best thing to do is to change my lifestyle/habits ... be more active and choose to eat healthier foods ... plenty of fruit & veggies, pasta, chicken, fish, lean meat, etc., instead of chips, cakes, cookies, burgers, etc. I know it's not easy, but just do it a bit at a time, make small changes each week.

As far as those girls are concerned, try not to take it to heart whatever it was they said (I know that's easy for me to say) ... Unfortunately, it's a fact of life that teenagers (especially teenage girls!) can be such little b*tch*s ... if it's not someone's weight they're talking about, it would be someone's hair, or makeup, or clothes, or whatever, and if it wasn't you they were talking about, it would be someone else ... I remember, I used to be a teenager myself, and I have two teenagers of my own now, so I've heard it all before.

Talk to your mom and let her know how you're feeling ... I guess she's the one who provides you with your meals, so let her know that you want to lead a healthier lifestyle and I'm sure she'll be more than happy to help you. And don't forget you can always come here for support and encouragement whenever you need it. Take Care
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote