Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #1  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Red face The first 10! Let's help each other get started!

I have been around 3FC for a while, nearly 2 years off and on. I have been as low as 212 since then, but NOW I'm SERIOUS! I'm going to a nurtritionist, I'm in The Biggest Loser challenge here, I am eating well and working out and I am 3 or 4 lbs down in the first 11 days.
How are YOU keeping yourself on track today? How do you not get discouraged by losing 1 lb in a week when all the fad diets and reality shows lose 5 or 10 lbs in a week?
I see new folks and re-committed folks on here every day. If you're willing to stick this out for 10 lbs worth, join me. We'll share tips, motivating ideas, whatever to get that first 10 off! I don't think any other 10 will be as hard, until the last 10!
Who's with me???
Old 10-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #2  
I'm ready to make changes

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm with you!!! I'm one of the recommittals you were talking about. I started a thread under Support: Starting Over . . . Again. I've just made the decision to DO IT this week, so your First 10 challenge is a great one for me. Thanks for asking.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:02 PM   #3  
The Weight's Coming Off!

Thanks, Noodlesz!!
It's so easy to get all fired up for a day or two, or even a week, but then you wander off and you're not really connected with anyone here yet to hold you accountable.
What's your plan? I am doing a modified GI type diet. approx 1600 cals a day, but the focus is on lots of protein and fiber and only good carbs.
I will go check out your Starting over again thread!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #4  

Count me in.

I am ready to stick to it for the long haul this time around. I rejoined Weight Watchers again. Don't ask how many times this make. But this is the last time because I intend to stick to it regardless of how long it takes me to reach my goal. This time I am keeping a food journal and writing down everything. And with the support here I know I am going to finally make this my reality of eating healthy and having a healthy relationship with food.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #5  
I'm gettin there

S/C/G: 231/190/155

Height: 5 foot 7

I'm with ya.
I'm down 11 or 12 now but still have a long ways to go.
My biggest challenge is eating. My work schedule makes me have a hard time planning my meals. BUT, I'm doing great getting 3 healthy meals and a few healthy snacks. I've gotten into eating the Lean Cousine sandwiches for lunch with a yogurt which goes over well since my lunch is only 20 min.
Progresso Hearty chicken and noodles or beef and noodle are good too.

I've totally dedicated myself to my exercise. I joined a gym called Lifestyles..for women only. They are great there. I use guilt as a way of sticking to going to the gym. They weigh and measure you every 6 weeks and I keep that in my mind that I don't want to be dissappointed when the time comes...it helps. And since I only work 3 days a week, I do videos on my days I can't get to the gym(its 20 miles from my house..1 block from work). My 4 yr old son is getting into some of my videos so we do it together and he makes it more fun.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #6  
The Weight's Coming Off!

Glad to have you all!
LittleBee - I loved WW points plan and it worked for me several years ago. I couldn't get back into it, even re-joining 3 times in the past 18 months. Since I'm diabetic, my insurance will pay for a nutritionist, so I decided to check her out and I love it -- so far - only 11 days in. Glad to have you!
RoliePolie - My son is 3 and loves Rolie Polie Olie, I'm guessing with a 4 yr old you know who that is! Looks like you've made a great start, but I'm delighted to have you with us for the next 10! Planning is KEY, isn't it? I use Lean Cuisine and South Beach frozen meals a lot for lunch - with a salad and sometimes a piece of fruit. If I fail to plan - I have planned to fail for the week!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #7  
I'm gettin there

Thumbs up

Yes I know who Rolie Polie Olie is..lol...but I picked the name cuz of my rolls
Which luckily are slowly fading.

I started another thread counting my cardio minutes..my goal is 1500 for the month. I'm at 335 already so hopefully I can do it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

Me!

I've been eating pretty decently...it's just exercise. I need a kick in the tail. I have a free membership to the university's gym because I'm a student too, so there's no excuse.

Sooooo, 157 is my official goal for this thread. Is there a time thing, or...?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #9  

Hi ladies I was reading your posts and I'm in the same boat of starting again. I'm doing WW on my own. If you'd like to join our existing group it's listed under the Support Group section and we've just renamed our group to "Just Dew It!" We started a brand new thread today in hopes of attracting new members. Hope to see you there!

Mo
Old 10-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #10  
The Weight's Coming Off!

AmberKay! Get theeself to that freebie gym! You might meet some new friends too! What year are you in and what's your major?
MoNewEngland Thanks for letting us know! Perhaps I'll be over after T-day, but I don't want to have too many threads to check in on.

RoliePolie 1500 mins is an AWESOME goal! I'm still working on 4x a week doing one of my exercise dvds. That's the goal my nutritionist set for the next month. That's actually a huge increase in activity for me!

It's six weeks until Thanksgiving exactly, so why not make that our target? That's 1.6 lbs a week.
My goal is 213 then!! Weigh in for the past 3 days was 223, I'm due to drop one!
Today I am staying strictly on plan food-wise and I am going to do my WW or my PUSH dvd after work. I will try to walk 15 mins at lunch also.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #11  
I'm gettin there

Sounds good to me...so its 10 lbs before Thanksgiving???
Good thing my sister in law is doing Tday this year...her food is always very bland so I can easily not eat too much..lol.

Are we posting our weight loss weekly??If so what day are we doing it?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #12  

Thanksgiving is a good time table for us to reach our goal of losing the 10 pounds. I would love to lose more. But 10 pounds loss will be great.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoette View Post
AmberKay! Get theeself to that freebie gym! You might meet some new friends too! What year are you in and what's your major?
hehe, okaaayyyyy!

I'm actually going to pull out the yoga mat here in a couple of minutes. I'm making a dedication to exercise every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after my 8:00 morning class. Let's see if I'll stick to it...

I'm meeting some friends...one in particular.

I'm a freshman, and I'm double majoring in Art and Psychology.

Today was a good day! Didn't eat anything unhealthy. I didn't weigh myself...I try not to do that every day or I obsess. How do mondays sound to you guys for weigh in days? That way we have the weekends to be accountable for.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #14  
I'm gettin there

Mondays are good days to weigh in...sounds good
Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #15  

Mondays weigh ins is good for me too.
Closed Thread