Old 10-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Back In Kindergarten #18

Welcome to Back In Kindergarten #18!!:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"--Jules

Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

I wanted to say hello and hope all is well! I am at work so I can't talk long but *Life* continues to be a battle however I finally feel in control. I have been walking 3.5 miles for the last 3 weeks and it feels good. I have lost 2 pounds! yeah.
anyway - I need to go back and catch up over the next few days.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

Cristina-I love the Verizon DSL--it's nice to be able to be able to be on both the phone and the internet. Tony is a really sweet guy and has been a really good friend to DS. I worry cause he's an MP and he is so tenderhearted. Jason (ds's other friend who just got back from Iraq) was a mechanic and he was not as out on the front lines as Tony will be. It's kind of scary thinking about it. Tony's alcoholic Mom kicked him out and we said he could stay with us but she wouldn't let that happen so he ended up living with his sister until he got his wife pregnant and moved in with her their senior year. They have two beautiful kids and Katy is a sweetheart.

SuzyQ--yeah on the 2 pounds lost. I have been bad and not going to the gym or drinking my water and I (gasp) drank a 32 oz Coke (not the diet for me) at lunch today. you are doing so good with the walking!! Gaby is so cute! She's getting too big though!! I love when they are little!!

Well I'm off to watch Grey;s Anatomy, have a good night.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

Good Morning!! Hope to see everyone back today!! I'll be back later this evening.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #5  
ugggg.....

Katy--here's a meditation cushion free instruction link if you are interested

http://www.y2knit.net/Patterns/medcushion.pdf

I waited too late and learn to kit workshop was full I am on the list for the November one though.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Ladies and Happy Friday 13th!

I'm not a superstitious person so Friday the 13th has never been a bother for me. Okay, I take that back because if a black cat runs in front of me I will turn around and go the other way. I've had some bad luck with those darn black cats before, lol.

SUZYQ...good to see you posting missy. I've missed you dearly. And yes, little Miss Gaby is getting so big. WTG on the 2 lbs. and to all your walking!

Geez, louise...I don't know what I am doing. I went to add a smilie and hit submit for some reason.

JULES...I hate hearing stories like that, so sad. My 1st DH joined the Army at 16 to get away from home. He was tired of his dad kicking him out. Of course he had to sign his dads name because even though his dad kicked him out a few times he knew he wouldn't sign for him to go to the Army. It was okay for him to sleep on the beach but not join the Army. I will keep them both in my prayers. I took a gander at the pattern and that is so cool. I am jealous of you ladies and how crafty you are. I need to start something to keep myself busy.

Not much going on. Didn't go exercise again. Decided I am just going to start all over come Monday. I've got to get back on track and stick with it. But I am getting my vitamins and water down so that is something. Anyway, did my house cleaning and had some errands to run. No special plans for the weekend.

Hi Shawna, Bep, SusanNYC and Katy Hoping all is well with you ladies,

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-13-2006 at 04:50 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:32 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi everybody!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #8  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I am no where near Katy's level, but I thought that pattern was really cool.

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 10-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Morning-
I walked 4 miles today. I might take Gaby for Chinese food, kind of hungry for that.
Hi Cristi, Jules and Sassy! I am at the library so can't reallyy write a novel while Gaby is wandering around. I will chat more when I get a chance.. anyw anyway = Gaby is here. Sigh,....

talk later !!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:21 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

SuzyQ..There you are! Great on your walks. I have fallen behind on that, but hope to get back in the swing of things soon.

Hi to the rest of the class.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Hello Chickies

SUZYQ...good job on the walking! Geez, 4 miles? I am impressed! I can do 3 but think 4 would kill me. One day though I would like to work up to that, but jogging. Right now, too much jiggling going on to jog. Woooo, Chinese sounds good It's lunch time and I am hungry, lol. How is the Gabster doing? And you, Rebecca and Rachel of course. Is Gaby excited about Halloween? Can't believe it's here already.

JULES...I think anyone that can knit is GREAT because I can't do it! I know somewhere around here they have a class once in a while. I should check into it. The pattern is cool!

SUE...I too need to get back on track. I do good and then nothing, or very little. But you have been so busy with moving so it's understandable. Me...I've just been a little bummed lately. I did get two days of exercise last week but that's not good enough. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Hi to everyone else

Okay, ladies, I have some scrapbooking to get done and it's not going to happen if I stay here longer, lol. Just a lazy, dreary day today and I just want to crawl back into bed.

Take care, chat with ya later!
Old 10-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

It is a dreary day here too Cristi.
Hi Sue
Hi Jules

Gaby wants to be a Power Ranger for Halloween. I was thinking more along the lines of RaggedyAnn or a Lady Bug. We live at my mothers for the moment. I wanted to be in my own place by Thanksgiving. It is hard not to have privacy. I think Gaby is confused who her parent is because everyone is always correcting her - I don't like that part. It is nice to get up and go for a walk and I can count on someone there to watch Gaby if she wakes up.
It is slow going on the weight part but I feel better and my clothes are looser fitting. Maybe it is all wishful thinking - lol - anyway.
Older girls are always a stress. I don't talk much about them anymore.
I eat salads for lunch and I need to focus more on water intake. I always am too busy and the thought of being in the bathroom every few minutes is a pain.

Katy - how is the Kaiser thing?? We should get together with the girls. Have you ever tried Peanut Butter and Jelly??? Is that what it is called?? lol ....across for the community cener. We should go there!

anyway - lots to do for the work week coming up! Hope you all are having a relaxing Sunday.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Smile

Hiya ladies...

SUZYQ...a ladybug would be soooo cute! I saw a costume in the store and wished I had little ones to dress up. That's funny though that Gaby wants to be a Power ranger. Isn't there a girl one though? I don't know much about kids cartoons/characters anymore with not having little ones around. But I know whatever she goes as she will be a cutie! Here's to hoping you get you rown place by Thanksgiving But for now, at least you have someone to watch Miss Gaby so you can walk. I know what you mean about the water. I've heard from others than as time goes by your body gets used to the water and the trips to the bathroom are less frequent...I'm still waiting. I know if I am busy and out and about I won't drink what I should. And I bet it's not wishful thinking, you have to be losing if your clothes are loose. Also, it's better to take it off slow anyway, but then you know that.

Well, I actually got off my butt and went to It Figures this morning. Got in a good 40 mn. work out and I am feeling so energized. You know, I'm not sure why I take so many breaks from it because I do always feel better when I go. Also, got in a mile walk on the treadmill, so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I skipped breakfast but not on purpose...was running late this morning and trying to get A Dr.s appt. for DD. I figured the phones were down because I called for an hour straight and it was busy. Anyway, stopped by Subway while I was out and got a tuna sandwich and a cup of soup. The soup totally hit the spot. I did good because I didn't eat it all. And have dinner planned so starting off on the right foot this Monday. I didn't lose anything but I didn't gain either so that is good too. I am down to 197 and am very happy about that...finally seeing the scales going down. Anywho...take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:12 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

Good Morning Everypne--lunch time for me!!! Veggie lasagne and salad and the dreaded water!!

Going to look at two apartments with DD on Wednesday evening, still hoping for the one we saw last Friday and twoo more to go see this Friday. I am hoping she gets something.

DS is working for his landlord--he's actually making more $ per week and doesn't have the 1 1/2 hour drive each way.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Hello all

JULES...I hope your DD finds the perfect apartment for her soon. I know how awful it is looking for a place. Well, sort of. I think it gets tiresome but you get to look at all kinds of places and that can be fun. Maybe she will hear something about the first one soon. Has she called the guy back? Sometimes if you call them it shows that you are really, really interested. I've done that a few times and got the places. And glad to hear DS has a job and it's closer and more moola! YAY! I hear ya about the water. I have never been a water drinker and I really do hate it. But I know I have to drink it. It doesn't matter how much or how long I drink it either it never tastes good to me. Unless of course I've been out in the hot, hot heat and have an ice cold glass. But I don't drink it cold all the time, hurts my teeth.

SUSAN...meant to ask you if you had received the cards I've sent. Do you have a PO box or are you using your moms? Didn't know if you had your mail forwarded or not. But just asking for when I send more.

Hi to KATY, BEP, SASSY, SUE, SHAWNA, SUSAN/NYC Check in ladies when you get a chance. Would love to hear how everyone is doing.

Got in a 2 mile walk on the treadmill this morning along with a 15 mn. bike ride. My exercise bike is so old, but good enough. Figured I might as well use it. Had errands to run so didn't get any housecleaning done again. Always, tomorrow. Every time I say that in the back of my mind I keep thinking "Never put off tomorrow what you can do today" The housecleaning can wait, lol. Well, I need to get going. Not usually on this late unless V is working late, which he has been. He should be walking in the door any minute. Not sure what he has planned for this evening so...

Take care ladies, chat with ya soon.